Watch the I-IV-V-I Progression online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
In this segment of the video we cover the I-IV-V-I progression in the key of C. The goal for the following play-along using this progression is to come up with simple melodic ideas using what you have learned throughout this course. For example:
* Make use of 3-note and 4-note arpeggios
* All the notes in the C major scale will work over these chords
* Start the arpeggios on different tones
* The pentatonic major and minor scales are always an option
* Identify common tones, or notes that are in each of the chords
With this information in mind, pick one or two concepts each time you play over the following play-along track and make simple melodic ideas with them. Make other jam tracks in other keys and in other tempos.