Watch the 3 Note Minor Arpeggios online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
In this play-along we play the vertical minor arpeggio in all 12 keys around the cycle of fourths just as we did with the major arpeggio. The object is to get through all 12 keys at a slow tempo without stopping.
1. Play the minor arpeggios around the cycle of fourths, starting on Cm as demonstrated in this play-along video and written in the following notation.
2. Fingerings and positions do not matter. Choose different fingerings each time. The goal is to get through all keys without stopping.
3. Use the hold note to think ahead to the next key.
4. Next, increase the tempo incrementally over time by playing this exercise to a metronome rather than the video.
5. Remember to make up your own variations, exploring all possible fingerings and positions.
6. Practice this a little bit every day.