Watch the Vertical 3-Note Arpeggios online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
In this play-along we play the vertical major arpeggio in all 12 keys around the cycle of fourths just as we did with the major scale. The object is to get through all 12 keys at a slow tempo without stopping.
1. Play the vertical major arpeggio as demonstrated in this play-along video and written in the notation that follows.
2. Fingerings and positions do not matter. Choose different fingerings each time. The goal is to get through all keys without stopping. Use the hold note to think ahead to the next key.
3. Next step is to increase the tempo a little.
4. Next, let's play in 3/4 time using quarter notes up to the octave and back. Use the hold note to think ahead to the next key.
5. Remember to make up your own variations exploring all possible fingerings and positions.
6. Practice this a little bit every day.