Watch the Horizontal Chromatic Scales online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
1. Play the horizontal chromatic scale as demonstrated in the video and written in the notation that follows.
2. Play this exercise slowly striving for a good tone. Eventually build to a faster tempo.
3. Begin on the low E string, playing 4 notes before shifting your hand up to the next position. Play up to the octave and down before moving to the next string.
4. When ascending, keep your fingers on the fingerboard once they are placed.
5. When descending, shift your hand down into place, positioning one finger over each fret.
6. Play to this video every day as a quick warm-up.