Watch the Vertical 3-Note Arpeggios online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
In this segment we use the same approach we used to identify the variations of the C major scale and apply it to the C major arpeggio.
1. Find a C on the fingerboard.
2. Place your first finger on the C.
3. Hunt down the notes of the C arpeggio beginning with your 1st finger.
4. Next, fret the same C with your 2nd finger and repeat the exercise. Using a different digit forces you to come up with an alternative fingering.
5. Next, start with your 3rd finger and play a C arpeggio.
6. Finally, start with your 4th finger and play a C arpeggio.
7. Use this same approach using every C on the guitar as a starting point.
8. The next step is to connect these arpeggios to build 2-octave arpeggios with the same approach.
9. Next, play these arpeggios in the other keys around the cycle of fourths.