Watch the Second Part: The 3rd Above online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
1. Next, harmonize the melody with the 3rd above.
2. For the first phrase, over the C major chord, play each melody note a 3rd above in the key of C.
3. When you get to the next chord, E7, play the melody notes a 3rd above in the key of E major.
4. When playing over the A7, think in terms of the A major scale.
5. When playing over the D minor, use the notes in one of the minor scales.
6. Record the harmony.