Watch the Major 7 Play-along online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
In this play-along we work on the vertical major 7th arpeggios in all 12 keys, just as we did with the major triads. The object is to get through all 12 keys at a slow tempo without stopping.
1. Play the major 7th exercise as demonstrated in this play-along video and written in the notation that follows.
2. Change up your fingerings each time you play.
3. Play with both the vertical and horizontal approach.
4. Reference the Inversion Excursion manual to apply this same approach to all of the 4 note chord types, such as major 6th, minor 6th, minor 7th, etc.
5. Experiment and work out your own exercises.