Watch the Horizontal Chromatic Scales online guitar lesson by Frank Vignola from Modern Method for Guitar
1. Play the horizontal chromatic scale as demonstrated in the video and written in the notation that follows.
2. Play the horizontal chromatic scales on each string, starting on the high E string up to the 12th fret and back.
3. When ascending, keep your fingers on the fingerboard once they are placed.
4. When descending, shift your hand down into place, positioning one finger over each fret.
5. Test yourself by naming the notes as you play them.
6. Play to this video every day as a quick warm-up.