Watch the Triplet Jazz Exercise online guitar lesson by Danny Gottlieb from Master Class Drum Lessons
This is a great exercise for developing the ride cymbal. You take the regular ride cymbal beat, and complete the triplet with the left.
1. Basic ride cymbal beat with left hand subdivision.
2. Great for developing an even cymbal feel with accurate triplet subdivisions
Exercises and Study Tips:
1. make sure trips are subdivided with accuracy
2. Go from slow to fast
3. After mastered on the cymbal and snare, try both hands on the snare
4. After mastered try moving hands around the drum with the same six note pattern