Watch the Practice Tips & Advice online guitar lesson by Teymur Phell from 30 Groove Master Bass Lines You MUST Know
Here's a few practice tips that will help you learn the material we've covered throughout the course:
- Practice in various tempos—play slower and faster than the track.
- Use the metronome to your advantage—have the click set on quarter notes to begin with, then use eighth note beats and sixteenth notes in the various speeds that you're practicing.
- Spend some time with each style—it's a great idea to do some quick research about each style when you're learning it and get some inspiration from the masters of each particular style.
- Create bass lines of your own—after you feel comfortable with a groove, feel free to use what you've learned in your own bass lines and ideas.
- Don't watch TV while practicing.