Watch the Thumb Slaps online guitar lesson by Vicki Genfan from 3D Acoustic Guitar
- Hold your right hand as if you are going to shake hands
- Pivot from the elbow
- Strike string with side of thumb - try different positions and see/hear what works best for you!
- Mute strings 5-1 with Left Hand so they don't interfere with the sound of your bass note
>> Forearm Mute:
- Play around with positions until you find what works for you.
- Don't forget to roll up your sleeve (right hand).
- Rest forearm directly on 6th & 5th strings
- Change pressure - more pressure = more muting, less pressure = more 'true note'