I am a 1992 graduate of Hollywood California's Guitar Institute of Technology, (G.I.T.), and have earned my living working as a professional guitarist since 1990.
Currently I own Creative Guitar Studio based in Winnipeg CANADA, the best guitar school in the city. I also run a highly successful YouTube channel with over 85,000 subscribers tuning in every week to watch some of the over 375 videos posted on the channel.
When I was eight years old, I had two friends that played guitar. It was so interesting to me that for some reason I was compelled to want to learn to play guitar more than anything else in the world. One day I convinced my parents to let me meet with a guitar teacher. He gave me a guitar to try and I talked my parents into buying me a $35.00 acoustic that he sold to his new students.
I played that guitar until it broke! One more acoustic and two electric guitars later, (plus 9 years of lessons), I finally had enough knowledge to attend a professional music college and get the real training I needed to play professionally. My interest in the guitar has never stopped. I guess nothing has changed since my old friends had first inspired me!
Lesson #5: Guitar Theory - The Scale Approach
Lesson #4: Guitar Theory - Funamental Groove Skills
Lesson #3: Guitar Theory - Improving Musical Logic
Lesson #2: Guitar Theory - Scale Practice Solutions
Audition Video: Andrew Wasson
Add a Comment
Vote for Andrew
To vote for Andrew Wasson, simply enter your email and TrueFire username below. You can vote once per week.
* Required. If you do not yet have a TrueFire username, join for free.
Winner + Final Results Announced!
TrueFire's Next Top Guitar Instructor:
1. Robert Renman (38% of total vote)
2. Runner-Up: Jim Bruce (20% of total vote)
3. Runner-Up: David Wallimann (14% of total vote)
4. Andrew Wasson (7% of total vote)
5. Andy Collins (6% of total vote)
6. Asael Ben Tzroya (5% of total vote)
7. Gregory Bolomey (4% of total vote)
8. Troy Van Horn (3% of total vote)
9. Rex Pearson (2% of total vote)
10. Dyce Kimura (1% of total vote)
About the Competition
Spread the Word #TNTGITweet