Thread: Acoustic Labs

Default Acoustic Labs

Just discovered this guy on the 'tube. I need to practice more...

One of my favourite pieces of music...

This is awesome too...

I'm not really practicing fingerstyle at the moment but when I do this is what I'll be aiming for...

Blog Entries

Those are both awesome pieces, very inspiring and somewhat different. I rarely use a capo (I don't even know where one is at the moment) but I am going to get a classical one for the "New World Flamenco" course. I think this person is using a Schubb capo. I thought it was interesting in that first video how he only capo'd 5 strings, using the low E as a bas drone but still at different points actually played behind the capo...very cool. It's a long piece to memorize but I think only a few challenging parts for a more advanced intermediate player. Very nice!

The second one, "Dark Star," man that is an extended constant picking pattern going on. That is a stamina piece for sure. Liked the first one better but both are nice finds. Do you have the music to either of these?

Thanks for posting by the way, I really enjoyed them.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Do you have the music to either of these?
    I wish! Only just found them yesterday. There are other versions of Lux Aeturna which might have tab but they are much more basic than the one i linked. That one is in a wierd tuning too, AEBEBE. I don't have a capo capable of not capoing (is that even a word?) all 6 strings, might have to invest in one. This is still WAY out of my league though...