07. Eventide Space
    06. Keeley Electronics Luna Overdrive
    05. Strymon Lex Rotary
    04. Carolina Guitar Company Wave Cannon
    03. Wampler Pedals Brent Mason Hot Wired Overdrive Distortion
    02. Visual Sound V3 Dual Tap Delay
    01. Way Huge Electronics Green Rhino Overdrive MK II
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

Here are the ones I would love to take a shot at

02. Visual Sound V3 Dual Tap Delay
    Here we have a tap tempo delay pedal that has two separate channels (one with modulation) that can be used independently or together to create layers and layers of warm, analog delay (up to one second). Throw in the fact that Visual Soundís footswitches will outlive you and youíll have the best road-ready delay stompbox. I canít wait to put this one on my pedalboard.

03. Wampler Pedals Brent Mason Hot Wired Overdrive Distortion
    If you donít know who Brent Mason is I suggest you YouTube him to witness the devastating guitar player that he is and a studio cat who understands tone. This is a two-in-one pedal offering sweet overdrive and chunky distortion, which can be cascaded into one another for leads or texture. Itís so organic sounding and clear that it is my go-to pedal for one of my bands.

10. Dunlop JC95 Jerry Cantrell Signature Cry Baby Wah
    This list wouldnít be complete without a wah. It seems a lot of guitarists are getting their very own signature wahs. Some are very good and others well, not so much. The JC95 is my favorite because it has a properly voiced mid-range sweep and a strident articulation, which is perfect for distorted guitars. It comes in a distressed copper finish, which, by the way, every wah should look like. Badass.

....maybe that wave cannon thing too.

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Wolf,

I have the Hot Wired,very cool pedal, tons of tonal options, seems to interact with a variety of amps AND both with Fenders and Gibsons. I have caught the Wolf Bug of late and seem to be going on a pedal binge. I have a disproportionate number of dirt/OD pedals so I'm kind of looking more at modulation. On this list I find the Eventide Space and Strymon Lex (if fact anything Strymon) especially interesting...though that Keely Luna might be sweet as well.

a very cool list.. half of it i own and use for my guitar lessons.. and half of it is my dream pedal..
    Last edited by kurtdaniel; 04-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Blog Entries

I've been getting rid of a lot of my pedals and adding some new ones as well...I just love pedals

Wolf,

I'm still building up the new pedal board so I am either in front of you or behind you Just ordered this one:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeunaberTech

Blog Entries

That is an awesome demo! The WET is a very popular Reverb at TGP. I have a nice reverb in my amp but there are some stellar differences in some of these pedals. I like how simple it is as well as the sound!!!
    Do you use 2 amps for the stereo effect?

Hey WB,

It started with running the Timeline in Stereo...WOW There is a dual setting I have tweaked for an Edge'esque delay and I set it up so one delay is going through one amp and the other delay through a second amp. Sounds huge and very cool. Then I tried putting various effects in the Timeline effects loop (which basically applies the effect to the wet tone only. The Hartman Analog Flanger yielded really cool results. So I got to thinking, what if I ran the stereo outs of the timeline to yet another stereo pedal like a chorus or a......REVERB. I was thinking Strymon BSR but had seen all the adulation regarding the Wet at TGP, watched a bunch of demos and my mind was made up. There is a 1 week wait so I should hear from Brian next week. I think I will also order the Chroma Stereo Chorus at the same time. I have been spending a ton of time on this lately and feel a bit guilty I'm not spending the time on scales, theory, technique, etc. but I haven'tbeen able to wipe the smile off my face the whole time

Blog Entries

That is just over the top
    I would love to hear it but a recording would never do it justice. I need a better place to play but my kids are still in school. I don't get a music room till one of them moves out....and I don't want to push them either.

I actually almost bought a Timefactor today....came real close

WB,

Yeah I don't think I could ever come close to capturing (on tape) what I am actually hearing in "the room". Too bad you are not closer because every player I know that has heard it has literally gone, WTF!? (and in a good way). My WET was shipped today so should see it in a couple weeks (customs is always a delay). As an aside I have now put together a great collection of pedals, decided on power supplies ( went with 2 VDL PP2+), and switching system (2 VDL pedal switcher and a Commander). Now I need to lay it out, get the platform (probably going Pedal Train), decide on cables, then build it. My plan is to chronicle the whole thing and post a video accordingly!

Blog Entries

I sincerely look forward to it!