Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Recording Sympathy...cool vids!

The recording of "Sympathy for the Devil" began at London's Olympic Sound Studios on 4 June 1968 and continued into the next day; overdubs were done on 8, 9 and 10 June. Real History Here
    Mick Jagger -- lead and backup vocals
    Keith Richards -- electric guitar, bass guitar, backup vocals
    Brian Jones -- acoustic guitar (not audible in final mix), backup vocals
    Bill Wyman -- maracas, backup vocals
    Charlie Watts -- drums, percussion, backup vocals
    Nicky Hopkins -- piano
    Rocky Dijon -- congas
    Jimmy Miller -- backup vocals
    Sympathy for the Devil is also the title of a producer's edit of a 1968 film by Jean-Luc Godard whose own original version is called One Plus One. The film, a depiction of the late 1960s American counterculture, also featured the Rolling Stones in the process of recording the song in the studio. On the filming, Jagger said in Rolling Stone: "... [it was] very fortuitous, because Godard wanted to do a film of us in the studio. I mean, it would never happen now, to get someone as interesting as Godard. And stuffy. We just happened to be recording that song. We could have been recording 'My Obsession.' But it was 'Sympathy for the Devil,' and it became the track that we used

Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

The recording of "Sympathy for the Devil" began at London's Olympic Sound Studios on 4 June 1968 and continued into the next day; overdubs were done on 8, 9 and 10 June. Real History Here
    Marianne Faithfull, Anita Pallenberg( Brian Jones x girlfriend, kissing Keith Richards) , Brian Jones, Charlie Watts, producer Jimmy Miller, Wyman and Richards are seen recording backup vocals, but the "whoo whoo" backing vocals
    Part 2 of 2
    Mick Jagger -- lead and backup vocals
    Keith Richards -- electric guitar, bass guitar, backup vocals
    Brian Jones -- acoustic guitar (not audible in final mix), backup vocals
    Bill Wyman -- maracas, backup vocals
    Charlie Watts -- drums, percussion, backup vocals
    Nicky Hopkins -- piano
    Rocky Dijon -- congas
    Jimmy Miller -- backup vocals
    Sympathy for the Devil is also the title of a producer's edit of a 1968 film by Jean-Luc Godard whose own original version is called One Plus One. The film, a depiction of the late 1960s American counterculture, also featured the Rolling Stones in the process of recording the song in the studio. On the filming, Jagger said in Rolling Stone: "... [it was] very fortuitous, because Godard wanted to do a film of us in the studio. I mean, it would never happen now, to get someone as interesting as Godard. And stuffy. We just happened to be recording that song. We could have been recording 'My Obsession.' But it was 'Sympathy for the Devil,' and it became the track that we used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathy_for_the_Devil

Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)