Thread: Open Roads

Default Open Roads

Last New Year's Day I discovered something: The morning of January 1 would appear to be the least traveled day of the year -- by far. I was driving between 8:00 and 10:00 in the morning, and there was no one on the road, highly unusual for Dallas.

It makes sense, though. All the businesses are closed, people are sleeping off their libations, and no one travels much on New Year's Day (as opposed to Thanksgiving and Christmas).

So if you wonder what it will look like after the world ends, make a point to get up early tomorrow and hit the road. It's spooky and liberating at the same time.

Good idea, what with it being only 355 days until the real end of the world if we are to believe the Mayans who didn't even see the Spanish coming.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

I like this theory better... :D

Name:  mayan_2012.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  35.3 KB

Red face Love it!

I love that cartoon, Knittergeek! How many Mayans are around today? Maybe they just made their calendar to cover what they needed. What scares me are the calendars that you have to re-arrange monthly the block numbers for the dates. What if I get it wrong? Won't I need an accurate calendar to check my work? If I have an accurate calendar, why am I wasting time with this confusing piece of craftwork made to look like a calendar?

Django is right about the weird feeling you get when you are in a place that is usually crowded and you find yourself and just a few others present. I have been to some places after disasters had struck and left them vacated. It is calm and sort of peaceful, but strange at the same time.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Default After the World Ends - National Geographic

This was a National Geographic show and then the idea became a series where they explore what the world would be like without humans into the future. Interesting speculative science.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wvgman View Post
    Django is right about the weird feeling you get when you are in a place that is usually crowded and you find yourself and just a few others present. I have been to some places after disasters had struck and left them vacated. It is calm and sort of peaceful, but strange at the same time.
    It'll be like that on the highway into work tomorrow morning, but there really isn't much traffic even on a normal day. Nice living in a place where gridlock and traffic jams don't exist (except when they're running sheep or cattle down the street lol!)

KG