Default Slipping and a sliding

Well I got my TF disc 10.5 and it seems very elementary. I was interested in learning a different way to hold my pick so I'm practicing how BC uses it, well that is not so simple, the pick keeps slipping from my fingers...I think my previous technique was very rigid, affecting my playing. I'll keep practicing, maybe roughen the pick with a paper clip.

Mystic..you could check out Bruce Arnold' Guitar Physiology. Good tips about holding the pick.

http://truefire.com/techniques-guita...urvival-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Rgalvez View Post
    Mystic..you could check out Bruce Arnold' Guitar Physiology. Good tips about holding the pick.

http://truefire.com/techniques-guita...urvival-guide/
    R. Arnold demonstration is very similar to BC's, both are more relaxed than my previous method. Hold that pick wrong and your out for 10 years!, a story told by B. Arnold.

I've always had trouble with highly smooth picks. I use Dunlops for heavier picks precisely for that reason.

A company called DAVA makes a great hybrid pick that has a rubber grip and a plastic-type tip. I LOVE it for acoustic work...electric, not so much, but it definitely does not slip.

I imagine those cost enough to make you apprehensive about losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by DjangoTango View Post
    I imagine those cost enough to make you apprehensive about losing them.
    You know, they're not too bad. Maybe a buck and some change. Not like a Redbear or Blue Chip. They're even less than V-Picks, which I'd like to try sometime. I had a Redbear, and I LOVED the tone, but just didn't like the shape, and don't really have the dough to experiment, lol.