Default Davek's cool tip #22: Bite sized practice time

If your lives are anything like mine..finding an hour a day to dedicate to practicing is nearly impossible

Thats why I break my practices up into 15 to 30 minute blocks in the day

30 minutes in the morning...15 minutes when I get home from work...and 15 minutes before bed.

These are "at minimum times" that usually expand to more...but it is much easier to commit to these smaller blocks of time than it is to dedicate a hour.

I have also found that I get more out of my practices by breaking things up this way

Dave

Default So right.

Excellent advice. Hour long blocks of time aren't always out there to be had and life gets in the way of the best plans we might have. I've got my guitar on the stand next to me for when I can take a few minutes to work on something.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

tangoman Guest

Lightbulb

Nice approach. It's easy to run longer once you get started. When practice times are short, figuring out what to do can eat up valuable time.

Do you have a notebook or something to let you know what you're going to do?

yes..always have a notebook!

Plan the work & work the plan!

If you don't write goals, you wont follow them

Quote Originally Posted by tangoman
    Nice approach. It's easy to run longer once you get started. When practice times are short, figuring out what to do can eat up valuable time.

Do you have a notebook or something to let you know what you're going to do?
    Errr, ummm, no. Just sort of winging it myself.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw