Default Download the Jam Tracks?

Is it possible to download the jam tracks? I am not always near an internet connected PC when I want to practice.

Cheers

John

Blog Entries

Welcome to our little forum.
    I guessing you mean download them from TrueFire TV, rather than playing them through the TrueFire player. And that answer is yes. Instead of left clicking on the JAM button, right click and you will get the option to save file.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Quote Originally Posted by rjbasque View Post
    Welcome to our little forum.
    I guessing you mean download them from TrueFire TV, rather than playing them through the TrueFire player. And that answer is yes. Instead of left clicking on the JAM button, right click and you will get the option to save file.
    Thanks for the reply - but I already tried that and it didnt work. What I am trying to do is to download some of the Jam Tracks in the "Free Jam Tracks" section (Altered stormy for example).

The link is a link to an HTML page rather than an mp3 file and then the file plays in a flash player interface.

If I right click on the link I just get to download the html file and not the mp3.

This is the page I am looking at.

http://truefire.com/jam-tracks/

Cheers

John

BTW - thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with the downloading, as you said it just links to streaming.

If you are signed up to Truefire TV then you can download the jam tracks.

However here is a link to the USB jam card (200 jamtracks with chord sheets on a card).

http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...or=6&item=8786

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries

OK, this might get a little confusing.

The Free Jam Tracks are, well, just that free to anyone that visits the website. So that is why they are limited to online use only.

You will notice a source link at the top of the chart. This will take you to the appropriate course on TrueFire TV, and if you are a paid, Level 2 or 3 student you can download them from there. However certain ones ARE available to those that signup as free Level 1 students. But you have to go to the TrueFire TV channel to see which lessons are the free ones. And you must be signed in to access them.

Sorry you can't expect them to give away the store, but they do offer quite a bit for free. I myself spent about a year with the freebies before I even bought my first course.(back in the pre TFTV days).

Quote Originally Posted by rjbasque View Post
    OK, this might get a little confusing.

The Free Jam Tracks are, well, just that free to anyone that visits the website. So that is why they are limited to online use only.

You will notice a source link at the top of the chart. This will take you to the appropriate course on TrueFire TV, and if you are a paid, Level 2 or 3 student you can download them from there. However certain ones ARE available to those that signup as free Level 1 students. But you have to go to the TrueFire TV channel to see which lessons are the free ones. And you must be signed in to access them.

Sorry you can't expect them to give away the store, but they do offer quite a bit for free. I myself spent about a year with the freebies before I even bought my first course.(back in the pre TFTV days).
    Dont get me wrong I completly understand what you are saying and I also agree about not everything can be for free. I was only asking in case there was a way to do it as it would have been handy. But I can live without it.

I have a fender 500 pro PA (that has recording capabilities) that is being fed by a Line6 HD500 connected up to the computer as my soundcard, so for those tracks that I really want to jam along to off line I can stream them to that.

Cheers

John

Blog Entries

John,
    I noticed that you piped in on the introductions thread, and you mention that you own a couple of the 50 Licks courses and you should be receiving the "Best of" 50 licks download. All the jam tracks on the courses are mp3 files. You just have to drill down through the folders.

Also I highly recommend signing up to TrueFire TV as a Level 1 Student.

BTW just noticed "Cheers"??? So I'm guessing you're from the UK?

You are right about me being from the UK (I live in Colchester).

The only 50 licks course I have on the PC is the 50 Rock Blues Rhythms. I have about 4 or 5 other 50 licks products, but they are all on my Ipad, so I cant (I dont think) access the mp3s. In fact I just checked and the backings on the ipad versions are only rhythm tracks not full blown jam trackes (which is fair enough, the product is pretty cheap on the ipad).

To be honest it really isnt a big issue - I have loads of jam tracks on my PC that I can use, I think in reality I am just a bit of a hoarder!

I just looked at the level 1 membership, and I am seriously considering it.

Cheers

John

Blog Entries

John,

I just took a look. I made a mistake. I forgot the Level 1 was the lowest paid level. I was referring to the Free membership. This will at least give you access to the free charts and jam tracks on TFTV.

The Level 2 & 3 give you access to everything online.The Level 1 primarily adds the "Night Classes" to the Free Membership

RJ

I am a free member already - to be honest I havent really explored TFTV yet. I feel a few late night sessions comming on!

John