Default limmited time free offer!

I am offering free entry into my Sherpa Classroom (The Boogie Shack) If you'd like to add to your blues song repertoire and want to give The Boogie Shack a try let me know and I will arrange a free subscription for approximately 5 people.
    The requirement is: willingness to dedicate time to learning and a promise to be active in my classroom!

Red face Totally awesome, Red!!!

If I were not already committed to another Sherpa class and several other things that are demanding my time, I would jump on this like a frog on a lilly pad!
    How very kind and generous of you!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing.Eph. 4:31,32 I need to remember this every day.

Blog Entries

Red

I would jump on this as well but I too am in a Sherpa class and already overly busy with 'life in general'.

That's a very gracious and generous offer.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

I'm game for it Red.

It might kick me out of this rut Im in.

Thanks for the offer.

Blog Entries

Sent you an email earlier Red....maybe Lee and I can get real blue and a tad bit rocky with you
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Darn! Had this offer come up about a month from now, I would have jumped at the chance. Unfortunately, I doubt I can commit enough time until I get through an early October deadline at work.

I'm in as well if you still have space. I would love to see how this works and use it to take me to the next level.

Thanks for the offer and let me know the process for getting in...if space is still available.

Thanks again.
    Dave

Cool! Leedelta, Wolfboy1, kurrykid! The main thing I ask is activity, this was the requirement TrueFire put on this. I understand everyone is busy, and the concept is working on "Shifted Time" so I'm not asking for a specific amount of time, work at your pace and participate in the video comments, student jams, etc.

I will send Brad an email requesting you be put in my classroom, keep an eye out for the email from TrueFire letting you know you've been enrolled.

Let's play some Down Home Blues!

Sounds great...looking forward to it!
    Dave

Hi Red, is it too late to jump in on this? I'd love to give it a try.

Cheers.

If there's still space I'd be real keen to give it a try. Tim
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Red I love to try what do I do to start
    Have a Mexico Strat factory 3 single pickups nothing special yet
    My Practice Amp - Vox AC4TV Combo 1x10"
    -----------------------------------------------
    On the Computer side of things
    This is very much in process
    PC laptop with win 7 64 bit
    Line 6 UX1 Tone port with Pod Farm 1
    ----------------------------------------
    "He Who is in you is stronger then he who is in this world"
    1 John 4:4
    God Bless You

Blog Entries

TIM! (tev77) Welcome Back. Glad to see you back around these parts.

Sorry for the hijack Red.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Default limit reached

Wow, I'm honored to have you guys in my class and I'm excited to get started helping you learn some blues tunes! Most of the lessons, while they are song specific, can be used in many different songs, so they are "universal" if you will.

I think, at least for now there are enough of you to keep me busy and to make The Boogie Shack a happening classroom. I've arranged enrollment for each of you that said you want in up to this point in the thread!

I'll be looking for your self assessments.

Where is the self-assessment located? I don't see it on the site.

Thanks.
    Dave

Red face Hi KidK. et al

Gadlaw once posted the link to the assessment page in another thread so I am copying it for you here.

http://truefire.com/guitar-sherpa/assessment.html

It may not work until Red gets the powers that be to hook you up to Sherpa, but this is the link. Have fun! I know you are going to love this stuff!!!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing.Eph. 4:31,32 I need to remember this every day.

Blog Entries

Did the assesment, now have to do the video. I think I can justify the time with Red's class more than Frank's as it will fit right in with my band work. Frank is wonderful but no time to focus on that style right now with limited free time for practice. I really need to start getting in at least 5 hours a week practice....that's my goal

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Quote Originally Posted by wvgman View Post
    Gadlaw once posted the link to the assessment page in another thread so I am copying it for you here.

http://truefire.com/guitar-sherpa/assessment.html

It may not work until Red gets the powers that be to hook you up to Sherpa, but this is the link. Have fun! I know you are going to love this stuff!!!
    Thanks for the link...appreciate it!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Did the assesment, now have to do the video. I think I can justify the time with Red's class more than Frank's as it will fit right in with my band work. Frank is wonderful but no time to focus on that style right now with limited free time for practice. I really need to start getting in at least 5 hours a week practice....that's my goal
    Same here Wolfboy. I got the assessment done and need to do the video. I have a very busy weekend lined up with the kids / grandkids but my goal will be to get it submitted before the end of the weekend (although it will probably be late Sunday, I hope).
    Dave

Looks like I missed the train. Would have loved to give it a go.
    Anyway that will happen when the spending account gets refilled sooner or later - at the moment it looks like later, but I'll survive
    Johnny

Less is more

Blog Entries

Got my assessment turned in with a reply from Red and starting on lesson plan tonight

Bummer. I missed the bus too. Hope there is a next round.

Red face I have all my mail delivered here too.

Now you know why it always pays to check the good old forum at least once or twice each day. My wife left herself signed into her FaceBook account one day this week and when I opened the page, it was already in her account. I respect her privacy and quickly closed it out, but not before seeing a wall post she made to a friend saying that I was "on the computer most of the time."
    I just find that terrible sad, but still, it pays to check into TrueFire things as often as possible.
    Hats off to Sir Red and his kind, generous offer!!!

Thanks to those who are participating! Sorry I had to limit the number of students, perhaps I will come up with an idea for an ongoing thing for others in the future.

Blog Entries

So far I have really enjoyed Red's Boogie Shack and it has been a help to my lead/rhythm playing. I have picked up some great ideas already that I am able to apply to playing live. I will tell you 2 things about Red's lessons that anyone considering Sherpa should know:

1) He has a wonderful voice to listen to while learning. It has an almost soothing quality and it feels like, even though he is not in the room with you, that you are truly getting a one on one lesson.

2) Don't expect to be spoon-fed every lttle chord or lick he is using. The framework is there but you have to pay attention too. My first thoughts on this were....man I ain't got time to figure all this out....my realization is (after going through all the rhythm and lead lessons on 2 songs and taking notes) I am better for figuring out a few parts on my own. Took a cool little IV chord lick and worked it out for the V and I chord and really having fun with it, same with a horn kind of walk down line he demo'd.

It's a learning process I am enjoying. I would like to go back with Frank in the future (after I'm done with the band thing) and maybe try out a few of the other Sherpas as well but I am currently enjoying the heck out of interacting with Red!