Hybrid View

gigglefudge28 Guest

Default To Fire Sale Trivia or Not

Well, i would say we had a successful 2 weeks of Fire Sale trivia... but what do you guys think? Are the questions to easy... to hard... you like the prizes or have any suggestions? Love to hear your feedback.

p.s. what's the most valuable course (lesson) you've seen/purchased/experienced from TrueFire?

Quote Originally Posted by gigglefudge28
    Well, i would say we had a successful 2 weeks of Fire Sale trivia... but what do you guys think? Are the questions to easy... to hard... you like the prizes or have any suggestions? Love to hear your feedback.

p.s. what's the most valuable course (lesson) you've seen/purchased/experienced from TrueFire?
    I love the trivia but I'm getting to the point I can't afford too many more courses now. Maybe a credit on accounts or something like that for future purchases?? Or maybe just have them once a month. I'm sure others will have suggestions.

As far as the questions, I have a tendency to make a quick decision before researching and making a fool of myself, but I'm good at that. I would say they are about right, I've learned a lot from them, finding people I've never heard of.

It's hard to say which course is best, I would say ESSENTIAL TECHNIQUES is the best for improving hands and general techniques but so far I'd say CAGE CRACKED is the best for learning the keyboard, pentatonic scales and practical use of the fretboard.

I love this place so keep up the good work!!!!

Larry
    leparker
    ROCK ON!

Blog Entries

I think the firesale trivia is a great idea. Right now I have more courses then I can wade through in the next 6-12 months but I could go for a T-shirt :cool:
    It's about time the marketing dept. kick into gear. Some tribal design stuff with the Truefire logo and a variety of colors could be cool.

also

I just kinda like having some one named gigglefudge posting every now and then.....guitar wankerdom seems like such a very male oriented hobby, especially on all the forums. There's one I know who posts and goes by the name of "metalchick" but other than that and "gigglefudge"....zip ;)

Essential techniques would tie in with the thread of the week. CAGE Cracked is hugely popular. I love Frank Vignola's Vamps, Jams and Improv.
    Last edited by Wolfboy1; 09-23-2008 at 01:10 PM.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Sorry I am new...what is the Fire Sale Trivia?

Blog Entries

Fire sales are Truefires name for "Hot Deals." Often there can be something found here:
    http://truefire.com/firesales.html

But usually once or twice a year they have big blowouts where for like 3 days every couple of hours they have different courses on sale for half-off :eek: So for a weekend I used to keep logging on till I got all the courses I wanted. It's a great deal and kind of fun.

With the rebirth of the forums here "gigglefudge" has been hosting her own week long fire sales whereby you get a course of her chosing at a significant reduction if you can answer the trivia question. Every week the course and question change so play if your interested and have fun
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Arrow The answer to that is ---

Quote Originally Posted by mikespe
    Sorry I am new...what is the Fire Sale Trivia?
    Dude - http://truefire.com/forum/showthread.html?t=834

Answer the question correctly, do as giggles asks and get a link to a half price course. Tiny tiny hoops to get a half priced course while answering a guitar/music related trivia question. It's just started, going on for two weeks and I've got two courses that I didn't have for half the price. :D
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

It's a fun contest. Everyone enjoys trivia.

I too have won both weeks, I don't know if I can afford to win again, at least for a while. LOL

My first weeks package arrived [along with the also ordered Improv Toolkit] last night. I haven't had a chance to dig into them yet. I have been able to listen to the Tim Sparks audio bonus CD and must say the guy can play. He is a fingerstyle monster. I'm looking forward to learning his secrets...

Gigglefudge - Regarding the questions... being 2 and 0, I love them and think they are purrrfect. ;) Please keep the good work up.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1
    I think the firesale trivia is a great idea. Right now I have more courses then I can wade through in the next 6-12 months but I could go for a T-shirt :cool:
    It's about time the marketing dept. kick into gear. Some tribal design stuff with the Truefire logo and a variety of colors could be cool.

also

I just kinda like having some one named gigglefudge posting every now and then.....guitar wankerdom seems like such a very male oriented hobby, especially on all the forums. There's one I know who posts and goes by the name of "metalchick" but other than that and "gigglefudge"....zip ;)

Essential techniques would tie in with the thread of the week. CAGE Cracked is hugely popular. I love Frank Vignola's Vamps, Jams and Improv.
    wolfboy1,

T-shirts is a great idea, I've been wanting one so here' my chance.
    leparker
    ROCK ON!

Arrow Good Start - Questions Fit the demographic of Us

Well let's see. If we're talking about personal actual knowledge these questions are before my music awareness time. A bit on the Nebulous side and the first question was one I found on snopes.com as not an actual sourced quote. So you know, that stuff doesn't really matter when the idea is participation. As we've seen on the site in the last few days we're getting people who have come through before and seen no activity on the forum and left then come back and finally do comment - because they see activity and a 'live' forum. The Fire Sale Trivia thing needs to be viewable - I've 'bumped' the question when it falls down below the first thread and loses what little visibility that it gets. I'm not complaining on the courses since the couple of courses that have come through are ones on my list anyways so it's great for me. Other than that, it's all been cool for me.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw