Red face No Level 3 Access

I do a lot of my course work right from the computer instead of the disks now and today when I started to practice, I found that I no longer have Level 3 access to TFTV. I am listed as Level 3 in my profile and I can even access Wolfboy's sherpa project, but on TFTV it is like I am not recognized as level 3. I sent Ren a message and he replied so I am sure it will be fixed in due time, but has anyone else ever had this happen to them?
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's best guitar player."

Yep I just tested it and logged in saw my level 2 status but video lessons cut off

I wonder if they've added the Level 4 coding in and that's caused a problem
    Last edited by PosterBoy; 06-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    Check it out 2014 Practice Plan & Goals

Psalm 33 v3 Sing to Him a new song! Play SKILLFULLY as you shout out your praises to Him!

Red face ok

Thanks, PB, I see it is not just me.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's best guitar player."

I'm now listed as sherpa student so maybe ithat was the cause of the problem.

Blog Entries

Me too...wasn't like that yesterday

H

Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Default Sherpa too

I think the launch is very very soon, but are you guys also getting no level 3 access, Hutch and Leedelta?

Blog Entries

I'm sure I just read Sherpa Student I went from L3 to L2 yesterday, noticed I've got loadsa cash...I'd like to donate that to a good cause like taking y'all out for a beer

H
    Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Strange,

my login works... probably a temp. or loc. problem.

Red face All is well

Looks like whatever the problem was, it has now been fixed. Ren is the man! The quick fix Techno-Man!!!

Thanks, guys for all your rapid input. What a great crew of folk!

10. Default Glitch acknowledged & being fixed

Hey all - yes, we are aware of the problem which seems to be effecting only users who have been designated a Sherpa student.

Hang tough folks ... help is on the way!
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

You've all been fired & Brad has outsourced SWAT to China!
    My Course Blogs:

12. Default

Please keep posting reports here if you are still experiencing the problems.
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Blog Entries

10pm EDT. I can access the Sherpa classroom, but TFTV logs me in as asherpa student, but I get the 30sec video cutoff.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Well, just got home, read this thread, signed in - it says I'm a Sherpa Student and the videos are orange highlighted as if I can see them but give me the 'This video is available in it's entirety to Level 2 and Level 3 Students.'

I sense a disturbance in the force.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Red face Doing it again....

At 11:45 PM I checked and as Gadlaw noted, "it says I'm a Sherpa Student and the videos are orange highlighted as if I can see them but give me the 'This video is available in it's entirety to Level 2 and Level 3 Students.'" And as RJ noted, "I can access the Sherpa classroom, but TFTV logs me in as a sherpa student, but I get the 30sec video cutoff."

Earlier this evening it seemed to have been restored because I worked for about an hour on some lessons, but now it is broken again doing the same thing as before.

When it worked, it still said I was a Sherpa student, so I don't think the designation itself has anything to do with it. I am sure you guys will get if figured out before I return sometime Saturday evening.

On and off, - I can watch a Fareed video or two then get the no access message. Which is annoying cause now I want to watch Fareed as he goes from the Blue Note to the add the Major Third videos. Time to pull out the Neck Diagrams software and see what he's talking about. Perhaps after the Neck Diagrams work.

Using the m3 and Maj3 together is the most essential element that separates the blues and jazz from other western music. This major/minor sound creates a Dom7#9 since the #9 is the same as the m3 [ G7#9 is G,B,D,F,A# or Bb]. The 7#9 chord is at once a stable and unstable sound, it feels like a minor chord and major chord and a dominant chord. The dominant sound give the blues a feeling of wanting to move or resolve, the minor major aspect makes the blues feel like it already home. This also contributes to the feeling discussed earlier that the blues is moving, and staying put all at the same time.

Red face Huh?

Gadlaw quoted Haque (I think) and said
    Using the m3 and Maj3 together is the most essential element that separates the blues and jazz from other western music. This major/minor sound creates a Dom7#9 since the #9 is the same as the m3 [ G7#9 is G,B,D,F,A# or Bb]. The 7#9 chord is at once a stable and unstable sound, it feels like a minor chord and major chord and a dominant chord.
    Yeah, I have alway said that. Please excuse me for a day or two while I try to figure out what that means. Oh wait, "stable and unstable at the same time." I think I may be like that. Yes, it is definitely past my bedtime. GN all.

Nothing shallow about the TrueFire pool of knowledge.
    Last edited by wvgman; 06-10-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Fareed over at Jazz Workshop is sounding great and playing all the way through. Listening the Flat 9 and the Major 7th. Very strange stuff but interesting.