Default What are some cool songs using CAGED chords?

I'm looking for some cool songs that only use the CAGED chords. I'd prefer only major chords as well. Thanks.

All of them! The songs, that is. CAGED is a system of organizing the fingerboard, not a group of unique chords. Every chord (and arp or scale) you already know lives within one of the 5 forms.

CAGED Cracked would be the best way for you to get a firm handle on this concept. You could also do a google search for some starter info, but you'll be hard pressed to find anything as thorough as the course Brad created.

To get you started, pick a simple song with 2 or 3 chords. Say E:

And A:

0 (optional)
    x

These open chords are our Forms. You need to see the shape of the chord on the fingerboard.

By moving theese 2 chords up to the most common Barre Cords, we get E:

7 (optional)
    x

And A:

It's like magic! The E is now played in A Form, and the A is played in E Form. We can move these shapes around to find whatever chords we need. This is a great way to start learning the notes on the neck.

Make sense? From there you learn the other 3 forms and start moving them around. It's a great method for finding chords that will compliment another player, rather than just playing the same voicings.

You can also use this system to organize arpeggios and scales of all sorts. It's an ongoing (lifelong) process, but you'll start seeing progress right away if you apply yourself.

Good luck!

Thanks, Red! I hope Chris can make sense of it!

BTW, sorry I haven't called yet. Sick family, wouldn't you know. I'll be in touch before the end of the week.

Josh