Default true fire hates bass players

I love true fire but true fire hates bass players or mabe they hate stu hamm

they must
    it is bad enough they only have three bass videos but the one bass video decent enough for an intermediate player to get some drills and knowledge

is somehow misdirected and leads you to an acoustic guitar dvd

this has been the case since the summer,
    I would love to see stu hamm and learn some bass knowledge
    but alas the link just does not work

but I must however thank you true fire for bringing Dannyy gotlieb on drums
    it adds some real dimension to your site

but for real you guys need to get up to speed with the bass videos,

I started playing guitar and quickly shifted over to bass and was gigging within a few months the Bass is a great transition instrument and many a guitarist will play bass at one time or another in his or her life.
    with all the great genres you represent
    i think you owe it to your students to get at least a few more bass videos
    and please fix the stu ham dvd

thanks your humble student
    diverse379

Lightbulb browser problem?

Can you describe which pages have the malfunctioning link(s)?

I've tried multiple links (3 on the Home page, 1 on the Full Catalog page) that all take me to the "Bass Guitar Lessons" page.
    and once I was on the pages detailing each bass course's Full Description for Bass Bassics & Fretboard Fitness,
    I was able to go on to the TrueFireTV sample lessons for each as well.

Perhaps you need to clear your browser to refresh the TrueFire pages...

Default really that is odd

whenever I try to click "watch now" on the stu hams fretboard fitness video
    I am directed to an acoustic guitar video

you say it could be my browser?

but why would everything else work except for that one video?

I will try it on my mac right now

Default I just tried it from myMacintosh as well

same thing happens starting from the home page I click on Bass
    three videos appear (this is a problem too three videos really just three)

when I try to click watch now on stu hamms fretboard fitness I am directed to an acoustic guitar video.

so if it is truly a problem with my computers it still has to be something wrong with true fires servers because every other dvd that I have tried to watch works fine just this one is misdirected

I would like to know if anyone else can see fretboard fitness
    not just sample clips but the actual lessons.

Blog Entries

Just watched 10 mins of Fretboard Fitness wih no probs straight to it...sounds like you need to email the Truefire tech wizard Ren Ren@truefire.com

but that'll be a Monday morning job. Wish I still had a bass, looks an amazing course. Hope you get the problem sorted diverse dude.

H
    Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Well, I think part of the reason for the fewer Bass courses is that the company started out as a small and personal enterprise where before any course and any instructor gets in front of the camera they are well known to Brad and Company, like a family business based on personal relationships. You know, starting with one instrument - guitar and branching out to many of the styles of guitar both electric and acoustic. They still haven't got to all the styles that even small number of folks might like but you know, it's a matter of the investment in time and money and the amount of return they can get from various courses which is probably why I'm still waiting for something on Celtic Guitar. But I do not begrudge them their efforts to make sure the business is profitable and established. TrueFire has grown massively in the last number of years with a greater selection of courses and an ever increasing library of courses. And those courses continue to get better as the technology to present them gets better. All of that is an investment in time and money and in no way is it an assembly line.

As they've expanded we've seen the drum course come out, and a few new Bass courses. I know there will be some Harmonica offerings before too long, perhaps something for keyboard but those things, like the Drum Course require new ways of thinking to present them in the clear and understandable way TrueFire demands from what they offer. Time and money but they are getting there. I promise that if those courses sell like hotcakes the next ones will be right around the corner. There isn't any hate for any instruments and I know they'd love to have more instruments represented as time goes along but only as long as they can personally find the right instructors and material that's worthy of putting their brand on those courses.

As for mistakes that you've found, please do report them here and we'll be sure that they get fixed. There are thousands of videos, hundreds of thousands of links on those thousands of pages and we've all found mistakes in linking and various other things that we've let the Web Page gurus know about so that they can get fixed. With the Bass pages not being as poured over as some of the other courses some mistakes might hang around unattended to. It would be a great help if you could provide the page link and description of what and where so those things can be fixed. Thanks diverse 379!
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Arrow

"Hate" is such a harsh Word ...
    That remind me of a Joke...
    I friend was visiting a Native Island off the Coast of Somewhere ,,when he got off the Plane and in the back ground he could hear Drums playing..He ask what's with the Drums..The tour guild replied "Drums must never stop"..He Thought "Humm.."
    So he continued on ..still the Drums played on and on...The next day after getting no sleep ..asked again "WHAT'S WITH THOSE BEATING DRUMS!"The guild again replied "DRUMS MUST NEVER STOP !" Then he asked "WHY!"
    Next is BASS Solo...

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Lightbulb apologies, missed that one bad link

Quote Originally Posted by diverse379 View Post
    same thing happens starting from the home page I click on Bass
    three videos appear (this is a problem too three videos really just three)

when I try to click watch now on stu hamms fretboard fitness I am directed to an acoustic guitar video.

so if it is truly a problem with my computers it still has to be something wrong with true fires servers because every other dvd that I have tried to watch works fine just this one is misdirected

I would like to know if anyone else can see fretboard fitness
    not just sample clips but the actual lessons.

Sorry. You're right.

The "Watch Now" link for Fretboard Fitness on the Bass Guitar Lessons page is wrong.

Instead, 'til TrueFire addresses the code, please click the "Full Description" link
    and then the "Watch Video Samples on TrueFireTV" medallion .

Mail has been sent to the big guys, as soon as they see it someone will fix it. Thanks guys!

Tweaked!

Default TrueFire loves bass!!

I can guarantee that TrueFire loves bass guitar!! And there are plans to bring more bass to TrueFire!! They started and remained strictly guitar for a long time but now they are branching out and this will include more bass in the future!! I personally have found 2 very strong possibilities, hopefully they and others will soon join the fold.

Default you know it is all love

I used the word hate because I knew it would garner much attention from the true fire folks.

I dont believe anyone here hates bass players
    but I wanted to make some noise because bass is my first love. and I am a much stronger bass player

I actually play all the instruments in the rhythm section.
    but i tend to be most strong on the bass. so of course I would like to peruse some bass videos from time to time.

I am appreciative of all the love and comments and that no one bit my head off.
    great group of people here.
    I am glad I joined.

Yes we're pretty mild here , all the harsh guys are over in some other forum. The important thing to remember is that TrueFire does customer surveys all the time and they do use them to figure what folks want to buy. So when the next customer survey is advertised don't forget to fill it out!

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    ... the company started out as a small and personal enterprise where before any course and any instructor gets in front of the camera they are well known to Brad and Company, like a family business based on personal relationships. You know, starting with one instrument - guitar and branching out to many of the styles of guitar both electric and acoustic. They still haven't got to all the styles that even small number of folks might like but you know, it's a matter of the investment in time and money and the amount of return they can get from various courses which is probably why I'm still waiting for something on Celtic Guitar. But I do not begrudge them their efforts to make sure the business is profitable and established. TrueFire has grown massively in the last number of years with a greater selection of courses and an ever increasing library of courses. And those courses continue to get better as the technology to present them gets better. All of that is an investment in time and money and in no way is it an assembly line.
    This is a great and thoughtful explanation of what's going on in TF land, Gad. You've got to admire what's been done here from what was originally just a thought. There are some courses I'd like to see too that TF hasn't gotten around to, but I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack because of all the great things they've accomplished and how their dream has helped me become a better player.
    The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

i too would like to see more bass videos. since a good, reliable bassist is apparently IMPOSSIBLE to find where i live, i'm going to be splitting bass duties with the other guitarist in my band. thus i want to start studying bass technique in earnest. though i should probably buy a bass first...

I wanted to jump in as the "harsh" reply, but thankfully read thru the posts. In any case I am always a fan of POSITIVE energy and suggestions. Over the weekend I purchased a bass, something I have always wanted to do. My experience is pretty much opposite to Diverse ie. long time guitar player with a keen interest in better understanding the rhythm section (drum lessons are next). But I digress.

As a long time TF member I have enjoyed watching the evolution (in terms of platform, technology, content and depth of the library). I have always been in awe of the amount of work and planning that must go into each course and I applaud that undertaking and thoroughly enjoy the result!

Anyway that said, I will add my voice to the call for more bass courses (I have checked out the Stu Hamm offerings and would love to see more from him!) and definitely more drum courses (not jazz based!).

Keep up the good work guys!