Default Nomination: Bucky Pizzarelli

While I certainly agree with the nomination of Frank Vignola, I notice that one of his own mentors/promoters the amazing and still active Bucky Pizzarelli is not on the list. While Bucky's son John is not my cup of tea as a singer, he is certainly no slouch as a guitar player and should be on the list too.

Default Nomination: George Barnes

If not alive and active is OK, then George Barnes certainly qualifies as a not known enough relative to his importance and skills.

Default Nomination: David Bromberg

Recently reactivated with new recordings and tour dates this master of many American music forms from folk, blues, bluegrass, rock and traditional Americana as well, Bromberg certainly merits consideration or at least a good listen by those who have not had the chance before.

Seek and listen.

Red face Hi Tubeornot2b

Aye! Aye second the nomination for Bucky and the one for Bromberg as well, but only the living artists qualify for this particular project, so Mr. Barnes, as deserving as he is, may have to wait until they get the next project started that I hear may be for all-time great players (living or dead).

Here is a video of Bucky. Does anyone recognize that young buck playing along with him? LOL

I am going to try to figure a way to put Bromberg's nomination in a separate thread so that folks can give an Aye for him or for Pizzarelli. Keeping them separate is the only want to keep track of them.

Good choices!
    Last edited by wvgman; 02-18-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "Guitar: for me it is just an all consuming, compulsive hobby." Alumini of Jeff Beasley's Shred Warehouse Classroom! & Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop!

Red face A little help

The qualifications for artists being nominated here and some instruction are listed in Brad's thread. Here is a link to it. http://truefire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6116

Hope it helps.
    Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "Guitar: for me it is just an all consuming, compulsive hobby." Alumini of Jeff Beasley's Shred Warehouse Classroom! & Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop!