Default Hi From Northern California

Hi all,

I've been playing for a while now but I took a pause for a few years. Now I restarted and am trying to get back into it. It sucks to know that your fingers used to be able to do the things you can't do now! Grrrr...

Default Welcome ILopez!

Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you've started back up again despite the pain and uncooperative fingers. But you know that they'll get themselves in shape after working at it.
    But until then you know, some aspirin, some rest, some practice and you'll be good to go.
    Thanks for joining us and do please make yourself at home.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Wink Howdy!

Welcome to the forum ILopez, glad to have you here!

Good to hear you've started playing again, I've had to deal with that myself, after getting a hand injury, I couldn't practice seriously for like 5months. Very frustrating.

You've come to the right place! TrueFire will definitely help you get where you wanna be on your guitar journey.

Thanks again for introducing yourself and if you've got any questions/comments be sure to let us know!

(P.S) Don't forget to not go too fast! Don't wanna injure something!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Blog Entries

Welcome to our little corner of the internet.
    You found one of the best places to get encouragement and advice about starting over. A bunch of us here have done it.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Never a rude answer around here, maybe a few incoherent ones though.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Welcome to the forums ILopez.

I too have been through stages where I put the guitar down for long periods of time, only to pick it back up and realize It's not as simple as starting where you left off. One of these days I'll get serious about sitting down with the instrument and really learning the things I would like to learn.

Red face Welcome to the forum!

Hi ILopez,
    Welcome and make your self at home here. It is a great place with players of all levels and interests. I barely touched a guitar from the time I left high school until after three years in the army, college, and most of grad school. Then when working in my job, there was very little time for it as well. We know what the "lay offs" can be like, but there is still time to do it now and TrueFire is a great place to get started. I have heard so many others echo my thoughts that go, "Where was this kind of stuff when I started playing?"
    I guess it just hadn't been invented yet (I am older than dirt). Well it is here now and it is a world of fun. Hope you enjoy it all as much as I do. Have fun!
    Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "Guitar: for me it is just an all consuming, compulsive hobby." Alumini of Jeff Beasley's Shred Warehouse Classroom! & Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop!

Welcome ILopez,
    You are among good company! If you need help the folks here will provide it! Just want some guitar friends, we're here! Enjoy your musical adventure and please share you experiences with us!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ILopez View Post
    Hi all,

I've been playing for a while now but I took a pause for a few years. Now I restarted and am trying to get back into it. It sucks to know that your fingers used to be able to do the things you can't do now! Grrrr...
    Yeah and as you get older more and more parts will be the same way

Welcome to the forum ILopez, have a great visit and come back often!
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ILopez View Post
    Hi all,

Good to see you jumping in and joining us on the Truefire Magic Bus ILopez it's good to get some structure in your new practice routines/regimes and this is he place to find that stuff. Ask and you will find, enjoy

H