Default Happy Veteran's Day

http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-veterans-day

The Great War & Armistice Day

Though the Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 1919, November 11 remained in the public imagination as the date that marked the end of the Great War. In November 1918, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11 as the first commemoration of Armistice Day. The day's observation included parades and public gatherings, as well as a brief pause in business activities at 11 a.m. On November 11, 1921, an unidentified American soldier killed in the war was buried at Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C.; the U.S. Congress had declared the day a legal federal holiday in honor of all those who participated in the war. On the same day, unidentified soldiers were laid to rest at Westminster Abbey in London and at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

I did my two minute silence today at 11.00 local time...I've been to some of those places where the war happened and respect those who gave their lives. Humbles the heck out of me...

H
    Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch82 View Post
    I did my two minute silence today at 11.00 local time...I've been to some of those places where the war happened and respect those who gave their lives. Humbles the heck out of me...

H
    Though I haven't been to any of the battle sites I do share your respect for the military and for what they have done.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

I posted this on my Facebook page and here's to the Veterans reading this forum:

To all the Veterans who selflessly give so idiots like me can say and do what I want...I thank you for your sacrifice & service for the freedom this great country offers. Without you America does not exist! Thanks also to your families for the sacrifices they give as well!

My Course Blogs: