Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default HNAD = Happy New Amp Day!!

    Cute little bugger...


  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    I like those...they have a built in tuner and look fun.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

    "I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

    "You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

    Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

  3. #3

    Talking Mmmm!

    Orange Amps! Tasty in many ways! They sure have a great rep!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's best guitar player."

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't know, that thing looks smaller than my Roland Cube. what's it sitting on - a Macbook?
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    It's just a tiny little thing....a microamp.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

    "I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

    "You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

    Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    I don't know, that thing looks smaller than my Roland Cube. what's it sitting on - a Macbook?
    Yes - it's sitting on my Macbook (wanted to do that for perspective to show how tiny it is).

    And you can barely see my Roland Micro Cube in the background.

    I've always wanted a Pignose for quiet practicing and playing around with. Then I ran across this guy. The guy at Sweetwater said many people prefer the Orange and since I've always wanted to get a big Orange some day, I thought this would be fun in the meantime.

    It's really quite cool. Nice little tube breakup sound without even turning the distortion on. I've been having fun this evening with it.

    It's a toy. But guitar toys are fun. Ha.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireproof View Post
    Yes - it's sitting on my Macbook (wanted to do that for perspective to show how tiny it is).

    And you can barely see my Roland Micro Cube in the background.

    I've always wanted a Pignose for quiet practicing and playing around with. Then I ran across this guy. The guy at Sweetwater said many people prefer the Orange and since I've always wanted to get a big Orange some day, I thought this would be fun in the meantime.

    It's really quite cool. Nice little tube breakup sound without even turning the distortion on. I've been having fun this evening with it.

    It's a toy. But guitar toys are fun. Ha.
    I'm hip to that but until I got my giant G-Dec I didn't have much enthusiasm for my electric guitar. So I look at the tiny bugger and go ehh. Perhaps I'll come back to it. Maybe like those little travel guitars I was seeing at the store the other day. One of those and some earphones, maybe. A toy after lots of other toys get got.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    I'm hip to that but until I got my giant G-Dec I didn't have much enthusiasm for my electric guitar. So I look at the tiny bugger and go ehh. Perhaps I'll come back to it. Maybe like those little travel guitars I was seeing at the store the other day. One of those and some earphones, maybe. A toy after lots of other toys get got.
    Yeah - I know what you mean. I have too many toys. And certainly not enough skill to justify them. LOL. But it keeps me into the hobby at least.

    Those G-Decs are fun to play with. My dad has the first-gen one that came out a while back.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    wait a second here !!! Didn't you post elsewhere that you have a AC4 on the way? Boy you need to pace yourself.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

    If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.


    Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjbasque View Post
    wait a second here !!! Didn't you post elsewhere that you have a AC4 on the way? Boy you need to pace yourself.
    Ha - can't get anything past you. LOL.

    Yeah - I know.

    "I want. I want. I need. I need." - Bill Murray in What About Bob

    This one is just a toy for battery-powered practice on the couch. The AC4TV is for jamming with friends and family (we don't have a drummer, so lugging my heavy amp is getting old).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,014
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Eh Hem....

    I think I just saw over on the Valvetronix forum that our friend here just ordered a new VT20+. That would be THREE new amps in about 1 month.

    Gonna have to add onto the house for a gear room
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

    If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.


    Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rjbasque View Post
    Eh Hem....

    I think I just saw over on the Valvetronix forum that our friend here just ordered a new VT20+. That would be THREE new amps in about 1 month.

    Gonna have to add onto the house for a gear room
    Literally laughed out loud when I read this! You caught me. At least it's not as bad as a half dozen guitars bought at once. ::

    I'll have to get a family pic of my little amps. Each is fun in it's unique way and has a different purpose. I've been thinking about a modeling amp with aux input for a long time to make jamming along to tracks more fun and easier.

    FP

  13. #13

    Default

    It's a good thing we're keeping an eye out for each other - you know, in case it gets out of hand and someone needs an intervention or something.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

  14. #14

    Default

    Only one cure for temporary GAS relief.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,473
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    ....LOL

    You got it bad fireproof, I'd be in the dog house 4 sure if 3 new amps showed up at my house in a month (and the wife actually knew about them)
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

    "I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

    "You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

    Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    ....LOL

    You got it bad fireproof, I'd be in the dog house 4 sure if 3 new amps showed up at my house in a month (and the wife actually knew about them)
    Normally I would too. But she got new shoes and clothes, so we're even.

  17. #17

    Red face Great Answer

    Hey Fireproof,
    I have used that line alot whenever the wife says I have X number of guitars, amps, or pedals. I just ask, "How many pairs of shoes do you have?" It gets peaceful again.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's best guitar player."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •