Default NeckDiagrams 1.7 is now out!

For those of us that purchased NeckDiagrams the 1.7 update is now out. Follow the directions for the update since it is recommended to uninstall the older version and reinstall...
    My Course Blogs:

[QUOTE=mikespe;52715]For those of us that purchased NeckDiagrams the 1.7 update is now out. Follow the directions for the update since it is recommended to uninstall the older version and reinstall...[/QU

I noticed that suggestion after opening up the program and the updater updating me twice, from 1.6.2 to 1.6.4 to 1.7. I also registered a complaint via the Facebook post about one little problem that annoys me. See that little box with the things to do when you highlight a fret? The info is more than the box and you can't resize the box and have to scroll to get to the options. Very annoying. To me at least. So have you picked this program up? It's otherwise pretty outstanding.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

[QUOTE=gadlaw;52718]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    So have you picked this program up? It's otherwise pretty outstanding.
    Oh I bought the program with the group with the group discount we got. I haven't used it as much as you have but I like it better than most of the other programs I have used...well worth the money if you are serious about guitar!
    My Course Blogs:

Red face Updated to 1.7 today

Yes, Gadlaw, you and I were part of the late comers to the Neck Diagrams program. A couple of months before we bought ours, there was a thread where, Wolfboy1, I think got a discount for 20 or so folks if they all agreed to buy it. I couldn't at the time, but I am glad I picked up the program later.

My control box (or whatever it is called) is large enough to display all the contents and does not have any scroll bars. I don't know what to tell you.

If you do not uninstall the old program first, you may have some error messages pop up when you try to make new diagrams. That happened to me, but it all went away after I followed the instructions.
    Hmmmm, what a familiar theme in my life...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the yellow brick road...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...follow the yellow brick road...follow the instructions...follow the instructions...
    Last edited by wvgman; 09-11-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

[QUOTE=mikespe;52719]
    Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post

Oh I bought the program with the group with the group discount we got. I haven't used it as much as you have but I like it better than most of the other programs I have used...well worth the money if you are serious about guitar!
    Hey Mike, You haven't used it as much as me cause you're not as far behind as I am. It's a great program since it helps me conceptualize things. I hope the dude didn't think I was being a complainer, I just thought my one issue was something that would have been fixed in this latest version.

And Wvgman, looks like we're a couple of slow pokes, slow to see the virtues of the program - but we're catching up!

Wink Slowpokes?

Yes, my friend, we are slowpokes, but your implementation of the program reminds me of the tortoise and the hare story. You certainly are getting good use out of it and helped me decide to get it. I love it because it helps me chart out things that I may already have or already know about, but have not mastered. It is sort of like having a new toy to use in doing the things Brad Carlton talks about like writing out scale patterns and such. It helps me with theory too because you can use the intervals and the notes together without sacrificing one for the other. I just like it.
    Thanks for getting into it and leading me to do so also!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Blog Entries

You guys made some nice charts with it. You're making me think about getting it now...

Did you guys get the standard or the pro version?

Do you need the Pro version to be able to embed the charts here?
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Red face I went Pro

I always wanted to say that. I bought the Pro version. I think you do need that to save the charts as other types of documents. Check out their home page and it should tell you which version does what. If you click on the "Buy It" icon near the"I Love This Stuff, it gives you the comparison before you commit.
    http://www.neckdiagrams.com/
    Last edited by wvgman; 09-11-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestme View Post
    You guys made some nice charts with it. You're making me think about getting it now...

Did you guys get the standard or the pro version?

Do you need the Pro version to be able to embed the charts here?
    We all got the 'PRO' version cause while we may not be Pros - we aspire to it. Actually, it has the scale generator and the export to jpg and pdf and such and copy paste sort of stuff, but you can download it and try it out first to see if it tickles your fancy. http://www.neckdiagrams.com/download
    That doesn't cost anything at all.
    http://www.neckdiagrams.com/buy

Blog Entries

Yeah I looked at their website before I asked about it. I did seem that you needed the Pro version to post charts. I just thought I would check thought.

How much did you guys pay for it?

It's $49 right now...

I wish we could use TF cash.
    Stay tuned

Chris

I paid full price as I think Wvgman did. Everyone else who bought it got it for a bunch less. And I bit the bullet and got the full version.

Blog Entries

OK Download is done and 1st C Major Pent fretboard created!!!

It is slick software... very easy to use... very flexible.

Do I need it... Mmmm I'm thinking...

Do you guys still use it?
    Stay tuned

Chris

Exclamation Do I still use it?

Oh, yes, I just did these today and a few days ago.
    I love playing with this stuff. I must warn you, I have not double checked the accuracy of these two yet, but the note placement should be right on the diminished scales since it came from the scale generator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Thanks. The charts are looking good... It's fun to play with... and useful too.
    Stay tuned

Chris

I have the program opened up with every course now, getting all the arpeggios and chords organized and understandable for me. Well worth it for me.

Wink One more thing!

If you ever decide to teach guitar or just show some stuff to someone you want to help, this can be a great tool to draw out the scale, chords, or such things. I put too much on a page sometimes and try to color code things that are related in some way, like the different ways to make a C#9 chord in the Blues Progression lesson I was studying when I did one of those last two charts. I find new little things in the program all the time and it is fun.

Just some quick questions about Neck Diagrams....

Is the TrueFire group discount still in effect?

Is there a repository for diagrams that users have created?

Does anybody know if the program allows you to add "notes" next to the chart that you just created... ?
    Last edited by mikespe; 09-21-2010 at 08:55 AM.

I just downloaded the Neck Diagrams trial version... and yes I can add text next to the created chart...

Thanks for the heads up Mike. Heading to grab the update as we speak.

Red face Hey robzebr

The TrueFire discount had already expired by the time Gadlaw and I got ours. It was a nice deal that Wolfboy had worked out with the software owner based upon getting a group of 20 (I think it was 20) to purchase at one time.

You already know that you can add text to your diagrams or charts.

And, currently there is no official repository of charts or diagrams made by the forum guys, but all it really takes it the starting of a thread. That is a good idea that would probably fit in one of the categories if we are careful to double check for accuracy and label the posts to indicate what we have done.

The only way I know to post these is to turn them into pdf files and add them to a post. I like it because I can e-mail my work to a friend or stick it here in a post or just keep them in my files for future reference. Neck Diagrams is most valuable to me as a learning tool: I learn more about things when I "write" them down or work them out for myself. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by robzebr View Post
    Just some quick questions about Neck Diagrams....

Is the TrueFire group discount still in effect?

Is there a repository for diagrams that users have created?

Does anybody know if the program allows you to add "notes" next to the chart that you just created... ?
    It wouldn't hurt to send the developer an email and ask if you can still get the discount. Just refer him to the thread I linked to in my first post. It has a copy of Wolfboy's email with him. I am sure he will still give it to you...
    My Course Blogs: