Default Davek's Cool tip #2-How to construct a solo

Start thinking like a good author would. The 3 most important pieces to a good story are a strong begining, a climax or plot twist, and a great ending

I have really spent a lot of time recently with this mindset & I think it has helpd me become less of a "pentatonic wanker"

Blog Entries

Hey....I resemble that remark :D
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

>>pentatonic wanker

That is a classic.

I have also started to think this way also. Larry Carlton makes it a point in his 365 Blues course to "think melodically". Jazzed Blues has taught me how to use other notes.

Blog Entries

I always liked the term "plank spanker"
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

I guarantee.....this is the only time in my entire life that I will be compared to Larry :D