1. Red face TrueFire Toons :: Confidence

---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Funny, funny stuff. You gotta love a good drummer joke.

Default Hmmm?

Maybe it is better to have no drummer than to have no confidence.

I love these toons!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing.Eph. 4:31,32 I need to remember this every day.

Default Lack of Confidence means bad news.

Loosing your Confidence - Tiger Woods shooting 18 over par the last time he was on the Golf Course. It's an important thing to have that confidence thing. Well played Mr. Jason Nocera.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Nothing worse than a drummer with too much confidence

Good toon as always.

Blog Entries

Very fitting. I told someone just this week that after last week's jazz ensemble fiasco, it will take me a year to get back my confidence.
    now trying to break 1900.

Quote Originally Posted by richb2 View Post
    Very fitting. I told someone just this week that after last week's jazz ensemble fiasco, it will take me a year to get back my confidence.
    relax Rich!!! It happened to me too. last year I took jazz classes and I had to leave because I was doing pure trash whenever I demonstrated my homework to the teacher and the guy was telling me that I didn't fulfill the minimum requisites for the course.....geez sometimes these cats take jazz too seriously.

Wink

Always enjoy these TrueFire Toons, thanks Jason!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

If it makes you feel any better when someone discredits your jazz fundamentals, compare it to your jazz DANCE fundamentals...if you're like most of us, that should assure you you are very well off in some areas, if not others!

Hey don't take that crap lying down. You should have looked them in the eye and told them that you were darn well going to make it known your opinion of their camp - you know, the next bunch of guys who think about doing the same camp with the same people should hear what you think about their supportiveness and helpfulness - you know, that is sucked. Reward good stuff and let folks know about it and the same goes for the bad stuff. It shouldn't be your confidence that suffers - you're awesome - an awesome dude and an awesome guitar player who continues to look for ways to be better. It's on them that they didn't know how to help you get from b to c.

Blog Entries

Gadlaw, thanks. Dale Carnegie taught me that unless I was going to get something out of being truthful, don;'t bother. And I did learn some stuff, or perhaps re-iterated a few things. I hate bebop. I have no feeling for it. I need to meld my blues playing with my jazz playing. I need to only play songs that I know. I also learned that I hate MD's. The vast majority of them have no soul and are not worth talking to. I learned that I can pretty much tell who is an MD without them even telling me that they are one, just from a conversation with one.

I decided not to tell the lady who ran this Samba Jazz program what I thought of it. Why would I bother? Will I get a refund? No. Will I get some other benefit? No. It is very selfish, but why bother telling her? I did talk to the Brazillian half of the team and told him that the only reason I came to the program was to learn to play Bossa and meet others interested in playing it. And where was the Bossa/Samba? It seemed to be all bebop. He offered to give me lessons in Brazilian guitar since we live fairly close. But at this point I am kind of burned out on it. And I am done with these dudes.

I am going to stick with blues type jazz. Look at Fourplay or The Crusaders or the Rippingtons. They are really playing blues based jazz (IMO). And there are lots and lots of blues tunes in the RealBook. Blues is more than 1 4 5. I have little interest in playing Take the A Train, again.
    Last edited by richb2; 08-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Wink

I also learned that I hate MD's.
    What is a MD?
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Blog Entries

MD is medical doctor. I take it back. I do know at least one MD who is not that way, but it could be becasue we are related. My boss is kind of the same way. He thinks for a minute before he speaks. This, to me, seems dishonest. I want to speak with people who aren't judging me and realize that I am not judging them.

Red face Hey richb2!

You know, sometimes it can be a good thing to think a second before you speak and especially before you act.

I know that for me, some people are alive today simply because it is against the law to kill them.

Seriously, just remember that it takes a lot less work to criticize a performance that it does to create one. I had an "authoritative" High School Band teacher tell me when I was in the sixth grade that I did not have any musical talent and I should never attempt to play an instrument. So I got a guitar for Christmas and by the time I got to high school, I played the talent show every freaking year and I played with an attitude too. That band director could have been one of the aforementioned people protected by legalities.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing.Eph. 4:31,32 I need to remember this every day.

Ah, sometimes I think I should take a minute to think before I spout off cause that doesn't always happen. I think some people are quicker at filtering themselves and some are slower and more deliberate so the wheels are turning anyways. Personally I am immediately suspicious of people who smile and like me without actually knowing me. - That seems fake to me.

I've been thinking of trying to affect a slower way of talking just so nobody will know when I'm going senile until I've already made my escape. Humm. Don't worry Jimi - you'll pick all these acronyms up in time.

THis tune seems appropriate (listen to the lyrics)

Red face That's funny!

I am watching this vid and saying to myself, "I know this guy! Who is this guy? I should know the name of this fellow." I checked out the lyrics at another site and realized, "DUH! It is Rory Gallagher !
    Can't lose what you never had or I would worry about my mind!

Blog Entries

I have learned that there is almost no one you can truly trust, it is better to not speak than to lie, most things in life aren't worth getting worked up about.

I have 7(seven) MDs in my family by marriage. They are all pretty good people, some more socially challenged than others.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Default Attack of the Trite Office Posters about Confidence

This calls for an attack of the trite office sayings in poster form. Can you guess which ones are me?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

What is with people with pet eagles, anyway? I think they should be kept indoors...the pet eagles, not the people...q

Quote Originally Posted by murrayatuptown View Post
    What is with people with pet eagles, anyway? I think they should be kept indoors...the pet eagles, not the people...q
    Well, I have a giant Red Bird who stays inside. Sometimes I want to put him outside on account of the squawking/screaming.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Arrow

That's a Lovely Bird you got there.. they do get loud sometimes…

Best Ever !

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy.
    Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Blog Entries

very cool bird (and shirt)