Post Nashville Flooding - Guitar Holocaust

With all the other crap going down recently the historic flooding of Nashville went largely under the radar. There is a Music Storage facility that 1000 musicians use to store their equipment and it's underwater, Brad Paisley's entire tour stuff - for a tour ironically named 'The H20 Tour' is underwater. Kenny Chesney's house is reported to be in the process of being condemned.
    http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...le-flood-0506/
    The Country Music Hall of Fame, Grand Ole Opry House, The Schermerhorn Symphony Center, - all underwater and lots of guitars, memorabilia and buildings are flat out destroyed. A cultural disaster.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ppl/?hpt=Sbin
    Last edited by gadlaw; 05-07-2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Talking

Unbelievable. What a nightmare. But Brad doesn't lament:

However, Paisley, who managed to keep his favorite guitar dry, is trying to keep his mood light.

“I sent a Tweet the other day that basically told people that when they come to the show just know that what you're seeing has been fully tested under water,” Paisley joked in an interview with The Associated Press. “You’re talking about total cred. This is the H2O Tour. This isn’t posers acting like we know about it. We’ve done it, buddy.”

Blog Entries

Man that is a shame so much gear destroyed
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

That is a terrible tragedy indeed. I didn't know Nashville had been hit that hard. I also had no idea there was a facility that stored that much music gear. To think of the amount of gear and historic landmarks that were damaged in the flood is overwhelming.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

Blog Entries

I understand Gruhn's moved all their instruments to the upper floors and apparently are and were OK.

Still all in all a sad thing for many
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Blog Entries

Another interesting item...

Gibson is flooded
    Gibson's main plant is under 3.5 feet of water and will be closed until further notice. They estimate that they have lost 14000 guitars at this point. This is the last thing that Gibson needs at this time.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jestme View Post
    Another interesting item...

Gibson is flooded
    Gibson's main plant is under 3.5 feet of water and will be closed until further notice. They estimate that they have lost 14000 guitars at this point. This is the last thing that Gibson needs at this time.
    Holy Les Paul Batman, that is very very upsetting news. If I had the money I'd go right out and get me something Gibson, Oak and cutaway and acoustic. Not good news. The whole Nashville flooding happened so quickly and so under the radar that something big like Gibson getting flooded out goes completely under the radar. I was surprised someone didn't post anything about Nashville earlier.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Question Overwhelmed.

That much destruction of such beautiful gear and so much of historical significance is overwhelming to me. It makes me literally feel a little sick.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."