Thread: New here

Unhappy New here

New in the forum but use Truefire for a while already.
    Overall I play for some years but didn't play for about 8-9 years until two years ago when I picked up the guitar again. Trying to take it really seriously now. However work and live take most of my time which means I only have a few hours to spare for practising. But I feel like I am getting there. I got a Fender strat (Highway 1) a cool Fender HH custom hybrid tele (cheap but really good) and some First Act models that I really dig. I also have an older Gibson Firebird and Taylor, Yamaha and Godin acoustics. I use a Blackheart BH5H modded by Rat and a Fender Champ 600 plus a Fame Tube 5 (awesome Champ clone) through a Framus and an Epiphone cab. My pedal board sports the following chain: Korg Pitchblack--EHX Qtron + (older model in a loop that also contains a vintage Vox wah, switched by a Lehle trueypass switcher )--OCD-TS1--Carl Martin classic chorus-- T-Rex reptile-- T-Rex tonebug reverb--BBE boosta grande--

Playing and gearing (haha) is sooo much fun

my crappy singer songwriter stuff:

http://www.myspace.com/aloneinboston

and some blues (Highway 1 in Rat BH5H with Tonebug Reverb):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI56ld9kiME
    Last edited by AloneInBoston; 04-22-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Cool, and welcome to the forum. I've got a similar Highway One, your's looks a bit boxier than mine does though. Your youtube link works nicely but your myspace link goes to a TrueFire page that isn't 'available' so you might want to check that out.

Like many of us here, you make time when you have time. Nothing wrong with that and it makes that free time all that more fun. Welcome to the forum, make yourself at home and jump right in.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

changed the link. Thanks for the nice welcome. The highway one is an 06 modell with the bigger 70's headstock. I love it. Great budget strat.

Blog Entries

Welcome AloneInBoston!!!

That's one heck of a gear list for just getting back into it. I thought I had a bad g.a.s. problem
    How are you diggin the OCD?
    Nice playing by the way....smooth

Hope you hang out when you can, plus I am sure you have a fair amount of gear knowledge to contribute. What courses are you working on?

Thanks for moving from lurk mode to post mode and again welcome
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Smile Welcome AIB

Nice videos! You will love this place! It is full of good folks, great information, and all with a passion for guitar. We do what we can when we can. I find that for me, it's more important to have a good time than to be good, although I always strive to improve.
    Welcome and have a great time!
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Default Listening to your myspace music - great stuff

So, Alone in Boston is a band name? See, I was immediately worried about you being in Boston, and being alone and all of that but you myspace page says that you are moving to Germany and your first song talks about your girl so I'm not worried any longer.

Great tunes. You sure you haven't been doing for a longer time? Or are we talking just guitar? And you've been keeping up with the rest of the music? Sounds great no matter how you slice it.

Welcome to the forums AloneInBoston. I made it over to your Myspace page and I love your stuff. When I first heard that you were wanting to get back into music and becoming serious about it, I thought there's a guy with the same problem as me. Well, when I heard you playing, I thought maybe not. I wish I was at the level I could play like that.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

HI guys,

thanks for the warm welcome. Great that you like my songs. I was living in Boston for some years and then after breaking up with my ex-wife I was alone in Boston (hence the band name) so I had to do something at night after work to keep my mind off things.
    I hadn't played for some years but got back right then because of a taylor acoustic I got as a gift. So sitting on my balcony with the guitar on my knees I started writing songs and then later I got me some recording gear. Then I bought a really cheap First Act Sheena (love that thing) after seeing Mr. Buono at a clinic at the First Act store on Boylston . I got into practicing again. In addition I started to spend the weekends I didn't have to work, with some friends playing music all day long. Was a great time. Now 2 years later I am still trying to get all the time back I wasted in the years I didn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by AloneInBoston View Post
    HI guys,

thanks for the warm welcome. Great that you like my songs. I was living in Boston for some years and then after breaking up with my ex-wife I was alone in Boston (hence the band name) so I had to do something at night after work to keep my mind off things.
    I hadn't played for some years but got back right then because of a taylor acoustic I got as a gift. So sitting on my balcony with the guitar on my knees I started writing songs and then later I got me some recording gear. Then I bought a really cheap First Act Sheena (love that thing) after seeing Mr. Buono at a clinic at the First Act store on Boylston . I got into practicing again. In addition I started to spend the weekends I didn't have to work, with some friends playing music all day long. Was a great time. Now 2 years later I am still trying to get all the time back I wasted in the years I didn't play.
    AH ah! The Buono connection. That dude is everywhere. I think he's taken this forum over pretty much. He's got new courses that he's creating, he's doing another clinic this weekend - or so I read from his Facebook posts and he hangs in the forum as well. One of the hardest working dudes there is.

Wink Welcome! :)

Welcome AloneInBoston!

I'm digging the tracks on your myspace page, you play great!

If you've got any questions/comments be sure to let us know.

Hope to see you around!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A