Default 50 Country Guitar Licks

Nice course - kind of the highlights from the 2 twang series...&then some.
    Anybody looking at it?
    'Cause I think I find some errors in the tabs for the Bluegrass licks & I'd like confirmation.
    There doesn't appear to be a blog on this one yet...

Dr Rick

way to go Dr. It's a cool opportunity for you to do another nice blog! maybe Joe can approach and help with those typos

Joe Dalton here. What seems to be the problem.

wow ! this is the fastest appearence in the forum history!!! welcome back to the forum Joe!!
    you're ruling with Fretboard Epiphanies now!!! excellent course by the way!
    all the best

Thank you.
    Life is very busy as we all experience. I always check the forum and see what's up. Very often, you guys work things out without my help, but I thought I should chime in and let you all know that I'm here if you need my help or just want to check in and say hi.

DrRick is correct. There are errors in the 3rd measure of licks 12 and 13. The F natural on the 4th string third fret should be an F# (sharp) on the 4th string fourth fret. Thank you DrRick. My apologies for the error. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Default Tab Question

Hi Jie,
    Kind of you to respond, especially so quickly.
    I really appreciate what you've brought to TF. Great stuff.
    Although, I'll know I'm really getting somewhere when I can do those darned Western Swing stretches.

To the point:
    Enjoying the Bluegrass licks.
    On both of the licks that were based on outlining the I, IV & V chords I am having trouble with the IV chord...when I play it according to the tab (rather than by ear) it sounds both wrong & different from what you're playing and I suspect an error in the tablature. I can get into more specifics if you don't see an obvious error in the tab!

Thanks!!!!

Dr Rick

We were responding simultaneously. Please check the previous message and let me know if that fixes the situation.

Default Gratifying

Thanks Joe, I'm reassured. It's niced when you can trust your ears. I hope you're pleased that we are digging in, not just to the thrust of your courses, but the detail, as well.

While I've got you...do others have trouble with the swing stuff as well? Any tips??

Definitely pleased that you are digging in to the details and nuances.
    Those swing chords required strength and stretching. There is an exercise I give for that. The stretching exercise is in one of the Twang courses. I believe its in Big Twang. If you work on that one slowly and meticulously, it should help you with the strength and dexterity required for the stretches.
    In a side note, (sorry about the pun), I originally intended that 100 Twang Thangs could serve as a primer for Big Twang and a sequel as well. I thought 50 Country Licks was for an entirely different student base. I know that some of the material has some overlap, but I was careful to give some different twists and variations along the way. I hope I hit the mark.
    Good luck with those exercises and give it some time. Let me know how its going.

Blog Entries

That stretching exercise is killer and it's in Big Twang, it's one I'm coming back to eventually
    Love your teaching and style Joe!
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Thank you. It's always great to hear from you guys. Keep pickin' and let me know what I can do for you.

Thanks for popping in Joe, its great to have you here on the forums. I don't know too much about the country courses that you've done but I am loving your Fretboard Epiphanies course. A couple of us are currently working through a blog on it at the moment and I am learning so much and really enjoying it.

Do you have any other courses that you are looking at doing with truefire?
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

I have been following the Fretboard Epiphanies blog. Just staying in tune with the happenings.

I am beginning work on a Chord/Melody starter course and another idea we saw in the forum concerning arrangements of songs also done in the style of the Fretboard Epiphanies course.

Thanks Joe! We really appreciate you hanging out around here.

Quote Originally Posted by JDalton View Post
    I am beginning work on a Chord/Melody starter course and another idea we saw in the forum concerning arrangements of songs also done in the style of the Fretboard Epiphanies course.
    wow!! I recently turned into chord melody and that's great news!!!!

Thanks for the update, that's the kinda stuff that I would be into for sure. I find your teaching style in Fretboard Epiphanies really good so I'm sure it will be another top course.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

A Chord/Melody starter course is great news! I'm sure it will help me to , well, start off with Chord Melody playing. Great news too, that you'll do it, Joe!

I have been following the Fretboard Epiphanies blog. Just staying in tune with the happenings.

I'll just put my pre-orders in now for whatever Joe Dalton does.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Default Daily Exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    That stretching exercise is killer and it's in Big Twang, it's one I'm coming back to eventually
    Love your teaching and style Joe!
    WB --

I come back to courses all the time & find that I often get more out of them after some time away and more miles under my belt.

But don't do that with the exercise, esp if you find it difficult. Stick with it a little each day like pushups!