Thread: Really Excited

Default Really Excited

In this post I just wanted to share my excitment.

Out of the blue, my Dad bought me a Washburn 12 string guitar, it sells for $700.00 at Musician's Friend, and since I haven't played acoustic seriously for years, I went Truefire shopping and purchased:
    Fretboard Epiphanes
    Slap Thump and Frail
    50 Acoustic Licks
    Fingerscapes

Can't wait to get started

Blog Entries

Wow

Great score and boy are you gonna be busy with a new axe and those courses
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Congrats on the guitar and the new courses!
    You'll have a lot of fun with both, I bet.
    Mopper

I did a blog on the Acoustic Guitar Licks course, you can read it in the Blog section. It was really fun.

Welcome to the acoustic side, enjoy the guitar and the courses

Steve

Wink

I'll bet you are excited! That's awesome you scored the guitar AND 4 courses!

Have fun!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

I love Washburn Acoustics! They are so underrated and can be got used on eBay for a GREAT price. I have a six string I paid $80 (went new for $500 I believe) that has a solid spruce top...I love the tone of it!

Congrats on the new guit and courses!!
    My Course Blogs:

Congrats on the addition to the family!!
    I love Washburn guitars! My friend has a six string that plays and sounds superb!!

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Congrats on a new guitar, probably the best motivator, except and impending private lesson w/ Brad Carlton, to get you playing more.

Tev & I are in the process of blogging epiphanies, and would love for you to pipe in.

Interesting all the love for Washburn. I might be looking at a new acoustic this summer, and hadn't really thought much of them. Would love to hear your feedback on the new baby.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Awesome!

Can you post a picture of your 12-string?

How does it feel to play it? Harder than your electric? What is the neck like? Is it a thick neck?

I just had a thought...

I wonder if anyone has ever taken a 12-string guitar and tuned the secondary strings (or whatever they are called) to something other than the Octave? For instance, tune the secondary strings to a 5th rather than the Octave?

Would it make it sound too muddy? Might work fine for solos but will probably sound horrible for rhythm. I think I am coming to the conclusion that this wouldn't work very well.

Arrow

GReat News...
    Wish My Daddy would buy me a new Geetar....

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Wow, congrats on the new guitar, good choice with the courses. I don't know much about fingerscapes, but the other 3 you've got are ones that I've played around with and love.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Mahalo for sharing my enthusiasm.
    Now I either have to quit work or quite sleeping to learn from those courses I bought
    Aloha