chipstar Guest

Default Gear purchasing stategy

Hey Guys,
    I thought that I would mention something that I tried this weekend that actually worked. These days we are all trying to bleed a dime to save money but we still need gear. Here's what I did:

I went to MusiciansFriend (yeah, I know some of you hate them; I've had my moments too) and got my shopping cart ready. I noticed that MF has pretty much watermarked all of their site photos with "Will match any price." This being the case, I did internet searches for everything that I wanted to buy. A lot of these items came back on Amazon. As many know you click on an item and there is a typical price, but below that price is something to the effect of 'X number of sellers from X price.' Well, I drilled down on each item that I wanted and found the lowest price on each product. I had a different tab in Firefox set to each item and then I made the call to MF. I gave the CSR all of my product numbers and I was given the price. I, then, pointed the CSR to all pages I had prepared. MF actually honored the prices and I saved $15 on a $75 order. It really was cool to save 20% on my order and still get the exact same products. I thought that I would mention it if you have any gear that you need to pick up. To me it was well worth the extra effort.

later,
    Chipstar
    Last edited by chipstar; 02-14-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Wink

Sweet move chipstar!

I'm surprised they actually gave you 20% off!

Doesn't it say they will beat any advertised price?

I've got to try it next gear purchase!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Blog Entries

Nice going! 20% is significant. Thanks for passing the story on to us.
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris