Hybrid View

Post Who's This? Win an iPod Nano & Reverend guitar!

During the month of January we will be challenging you to figure out the identity of 10 mystery guitarists from a selection of TrueFire video guitar lessons. We will give you a clue and point you in the right direction, but the rest is up to you. You can explore TrueFireTV to find the answer or, if you're a real pro, you might know who it is right off the bat!
    Either way, You will have 2 days to submit your answer via email to PROMO@TRUEFIRE.COM. All you have to include is which "Who's This?" you are responding to (#1 - #10), your name, and the identity of the unknown guitarist. At the end of each 2-day period we will randomly select a winner, who will take home a brand new Apple iPod Nano with video recording capabilities.

In addition to the iPod, each of the 10 winners will have a chance to win a beautiful new Reverend Double Agent II Electric Guitar (seen below). To be eligible to win the guitar, you must submit a video (you can use the iPod Nano!) that explains to all why you want or need the guitar so badly. At the end of the month, we will post all 10 of the winners' videos and there will be a vote by the TrueFire community to determine the grand prize winner.

If you have any questions about "Who's This?" feel free to contact Charlie or Zach. Good luck, practice smart, and play hard!

Last edited by MrMojo; 02-02-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Wink

Very cool idea guys!

This will be lot's of fun!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Just sent in the answer to the first one, looking forward to the next 9 of them.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Blog Entries

Ooh!!!
    A TrueFire scavenger hunt!!
    Fun for the whole family
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

This is a cool contest. I will have fun doing this.
    ---------------------------------

'Retired' Truefire Swat team member

"You should never lose the groove to find a note"-- Victor Wooten

Exclamation You gotta love this!

TrueFire has the absolute greatest promos and this one will be no exception. I recognized this one immediately. I love this place.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Exclamation

O.K.
    Answer in .
    I wasn't sure if I was going to do this contest , but I just couldn't resist .
    I still hope that TrueFire does another theroy one again though .
    Of all the things I've lost
    It's my mind I miss the most

Talking

Great idea, great contest. I only needed 3 seconds to find the answer this time but I'm sure there are tougher challenges to come...
    Mopper

Blog Entries

Cool contest idea!

Should help us all get somewhat familiar with at least 10 courses.

I got #1 right... after just a couple notes...

Thanks!!!
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Blog Entries

So when is the first winner to be announced and the next question to be posted....the Reverend is calling my name.
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Who's This #2 is up and running.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

Exclamation

I sent in my answer for Who's This #1 in time , but didn't hear back ? and I see #2 is up now . Did everyone else hear back for #1
    Of all the things I've lost
    It's my mind I miss the most

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jrhoden View Post
    Who's This #2 is up and running.
    Indeed it is!

Bry50: Nope, I didn't get anything back yet either, I think they're gonna wait till the end and then let us know.

I just sent my answer for #2, got this one in like 2 sec, not so much because of the playing, more because of the guitar I see.. hehe

So I got the author, that's easy, but did any of you guys get the exact lesson?
    Last edited by jimiclaptoncarl; 01-11-2010 at 04:46 PM.
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

MY GEAR:
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Arrow

I just noticed it reads that you have to post a vid of why...I should have the Geetar...Where do I post ?

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

I think you only get a chance to win the guitar if you've won 1 of the 10 iPods? Cause' they say you could use the new iPod to shoot the vid.
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

MY GEAR:
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A