Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jbroxu View Post
    Hey all,
    my name is Joshua. I am a former member of truefire, and decided to come back for some of the new stuff and listen to the old stuff. I have been playing for 15 or so years. I love everything about music. I play a variety of instruments of course guitar being my number one. I am from San Diego Ca and I am 29 years old.
    Welcome back! Notice anything different around here? There's that live SWAT Blog going on and all the student blogs about various courses. There's a guitar contest which requires a good ear for whatever crazy chords Brad Carlton is playing, a Twitter feed, a Facebook feed, stuff on iTunes. Downloadable courses, DVD versions of courses, and of course the forum is blasting these days. Glad you found your way back Joshua. What other instruments do you play and are more of a acoustic or electric guitar guy?
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

I have noticed some new stuff. I am pumped to get back into the learning process.
    I play both acoustic and electic, I lean more on the electric guitar. I am a rocker at heart but my soul is very much in the blues. No matter which band or genre of music i am listening to it seems to always come back to the blues.
    I play piano/keyboard, bass, harmonica, drum machine(never really tried the actual drum set) and i sometimes sing.
    I am having problems using the truefire tv. I siigned up for the level 2 plan. I belive the difference between 2 and 3 is the added monthly cd.
    I am only getting partials of the videos on the site. Any advice? ty

That is a known glitch that's recently popped up. Back all the way out and resign in to get the videos to start working again. It's happened to me as well, they have the IT guys looking at the code and trying to pinpoint the problem. Until then it's the log out all the way and log back in. Let me know if that works for you. Sorry for the troubles there.

Default worked

thanks man, worked like a charm. I love this site. If you need anything hit me up anytime

Quote Originally Posted by jbroxu View Post
    thanks man, worked like a charm. I love this site. If you need anything hit me up anytime
    Awesome. I'm always glad and amazed when I have the right answer. Good luck on the journey and come by once in a while, the more guitar brains in one place and the more I learn myself.

Cool Welcome aboard and welcome back!

To all the new comers and the returning friends of TrueFire, I 'd jus tlike to say, "Welcome aboard and welcome back!" You're really gonna love this place.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Default Meh, so I thought why not?

Hi peeps, I'm a newbie here; I just signed up after seeing some stuff a month or two ago about the free 40 day rhythm guitar boot camp. I've been busy until now, but I should be able to catch up and contribute some too, even!

I'm a degreed musician, but I didn't study guitar in college. If anybody has any questions about Javanese Gamalan or Indian classical music, modal systems of the non-western world, or what exactly a Neopolitan 6th chord is, I can fill in the gaps.

I just busted out my guit-fiddle (a 9 string alvarez acoustic) to learn a song to play at a wedding, and now with that project behind me I'm eager to go forward with my guitar prowess. Watch out, Vai! I'm coming for you.

I'd like to discover 'acceptable' tonal colors in the realm of electric guitar. I'm going to be playing many amps in the coming months, trying lots of gadgets, and far too many guitars.

Welcome DjunDjunMaster,

"The more the merrier" I always say.

Feel free to chime in with any exotic ideas for soloing,chords,theory etc.

Don't forget to add your 2 cents for free stuff.

Blog Entries

Welcome DjunDjun Master!

You bring some unique qualities to the forum, glad you decided to hop into the fray. So tell us about the amps....what's the reason you are trying out so much new gear? It sounds fun by the way. A 9 string? B.C. Rich makes a 10-string but I have never seen a 9-string. If you have time stop by the gear thread and tell us more about your gear. Thanks for posting and again....welcome
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

And a warm welcome back to jbroxu as well!

Glad you found the time to stop back in mate. Gadlaw is one of our best resources and there are many others to help as well. I am sure you will find the forum mucho improved plus there are some dynamite new courses. Thanks for stopping in!

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Blog Entries

Welcome jbroxu & DjunDjunMaster Always great to add new faces to the party.
    DjunDjun? you're a drummer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor website
    Players who crave a splash of 12-string shimmer but don’t want the full 12-string sound will love the hybrid nature of our first-ever 9-string. Nashville session players have long worked a 9-string configuration into their quiver of recording tools to add extra jangle to the midrange — the D and G strings are doubled an octave apart, while the B is simply doubled — without oversaturating the mix. The single high E string keeps the treble from getting too bright, while the single bass strings (low E and A) maintain a low-end focus that works well for walking basslines. In the end, you get the best of both a 6-string and 12-string, refined into a unique guitar voice that opens the door to fresh musical possibilities.
    http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars...rsary/9String/
    Last edited by rjbasque; 10-20-2009 at 08:10 AM.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Blog Entries

Thanks RJ for the link. I like the concept of that and would enjoy trying one out. Probably great for chords and a little easier to flat pick and play some lead lines then a traditional 12 string.

Lightbulb

Welcome jbroxu and DjunDjunMaster!!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Hey there gomjabber, welcome and nice to see you at the forum. How's that being in a band thing working these days? We've got lots of folks in bands, bar bands, church bands and whatever other kind of bands there are - oh I know, there's a few here who are in like seasonal bands - the kind that play for the fun of it during the summer band season. Lots of folks just like you trying to get a bit better and enjoying the journey. There's a lot of cool stuff here to help you along, please jump right in and welcome again!
    Gadlaw sorry for not responding sooner.

Bands-- well you know It seems the purpose of this whole thing is to get together with other musicains and play out. To me thats what its all about.

Anyway its tough. But I auditioned for some guys and they have me coming back. Hard rock stuff. I blew them away on "The Rover". However my 2nd practice with them was not so good. I screwed up a lot. However it zeroed me in on what I need to fix, and I've been doing just that this week. Sunday we'll go at it again. I really want this gig- its perfect for me.

I really need to talk to someone about setting up my sounds. This has always been a problem for me.

Anyway thanks a lot and I'll catch you later.

Peace

Glad to see you're still kicking and working on that gig. If you have some actual serious questions about your gear set up then I'd post over in the gear section, we have actual professional dudes here who can give you their advice. But it's Friday evening before long and a lot of them have actual gigs, I know Red/Slasner is playing a beach somewhere for instance. (cause he's on facebook )

Cool

Welcome to jbroxu and DjunDjunmaster, Let's hear it for the new guys!
    I may be white, but I ain't stupid- SRV

Hi there!

New to Truefire, and I've got to say this seems to be the site I've been looking for. I've never been into learning songs. Learning licks, techniques and such, on the other hand. There seems to be quite a standard on the courses...

I'm a 43 year old male from Norway. I started playing at the age of 10, however, since I was the only one playing guitar I got the impression I was good and never practiced much until I hit the 20ies. Late 20ies I lost my girlfriend and quit my favourite band in anger, almost at the same time. This gave me a strange idea that it was about time to grow up and quit playing. After some years, however, I started fooling around with keyboards and computers (to let out creative steam).

This spring I got sick and needed to fill the days with something. Being into computergames I hooked up my sons Guitar Hero and thought it was fun. Actually, it was so fun I thought to myself:
    "Why don't you try the real deal again"? I picked up my yardsale-bought AriaProII road warrior and started fooling around. It felt good. So, what next?
    Unlike in my younger musical years I now had the money, and since i pretty soon figured out the Aria ProII wasn't good enough for me (amazingly how quick one remembers old tricks) I fulfilled a lifelong dream and bought A 60's Strat. Dollface (which is her name) sounds amazing and is a dream to play. I tried tons of guitars in this process and Dollface just spoke to me... Even same models didn't feel as good as she did. Now that's kinda strange. I had to buy her
    I run her trough a PodII or Amplitube.

Since I'm still recovering I have more than enough time to practice and I do that at least one hour a day, usually many more...

I've learned that whatever the future brings, guitarplaying will be an important part of my life from now on. I'm amazed how recreational guitarplaying can be.

Besides, I'm married, no kids (stepfather) and I have a beautiful rottweiler girl which also get a lot of my time.
    I'm specialized in "multimedia", which the later years have transformed into deep knowledge of Adobe-products, multimedial narrative-knowledge, gaming-theory, and so on.

I'm digging my way deep into Blues at the moment and is following "50 blues licks you must know" and "Blues Alchemy"

Cya around folks
    Mrten - now also dreaming of buying a Telecaster

Smile Impressed

I've just downloaded the 50 jazz licks course and I'm really impressed, the whole package is A1, I was dubious at first about the software but it really is a big help, makes everything easy to find, I'll stick around here for a while I think.

Quote Originally Posted by colloboss View Post
    I've just downloaded the 50 jazz licks course and I'm really impressed, the whole package is A1, I was dubious at first about the software but it really is a big help, makes everything easy to find, I'll stick around here for a while I think.
    Welcome to the forum colloboss! you will find many cool information here and the guys are friendly and ready to help. Tell us abit about yourself.

all the best

Default Hi Rgalvez

Thanks for replying so fast, I really love the course by Frank Vignola, he really cuts to the chase to give you practicle usefull stuff.

Abou me

I'm from Brmingham England and have been playing in my local bar for about 3 years and about 10 years in the bedroom before that. I write and play my own music, acoustic stuff but I've been drawn towards Jazz and Blues stuff. I've just bought a 'Peter Green Lemon drop' Les Paul and need to get up to speed on my chops so this is the place, I can't fault it

Blog Entries

Welcome Colloboss, glad to see an active musician join the fray. you will have some great insights to share. First, when you have time, we want to see a picture of your new Peter Green Les Paul. Bekaybe is a huge Peter green fan.

Default Greetings Morten from Norway

Thank you for sharing your guitar rediscovery story, if you go up this thread you'll certainly read a lot of stories that sound very similar where folks have thought part of growing up was putting down the guitar only to discover later in life that a guitar and playing that guitar is something much more. Discovering your Dollface, the search, the finding, the joy you found there is just great. I hope you'll hang around here, we've all got a lot in common at this forum and we're from all over the world as well, so we have a true international community of guitar loving folks. Importantly the growing list of courses from Truefire here and the Blogs folks write and comment on for those courses makes the learning and the continuous discovery all the more fun and worthwhile. Look around, any questions feel free to ask anytime. Any answers - you know those discussions are great when everyone who has some insight shares it - we'd love to hear those as well. Welcome again my friend and is it cold in Norway yet?

Quote Originally Posted by colloboss View Post
    Hey welcome colloboss! Thanks for taking that chance with a product you hadn't tried before. I know I've tried guitar learning courses from all over the internet, picked them up at the guitar store as well as every book known to man before finally finding the Truefire stuff. With your 50 Jazz Licks course you have the latest and greatest interface that they have and I know that when the software evolves further then the next courses will be all that more better. - These guys have gone from the age of cassettes and hobbled together PDF files with links to the audio or brief bits of video to the players for the courses that they have now. Additionally you might want to take a peek at the course blogs, nobody is doing one for the 50 Jazz Licks Course but it's only a matter of time, - so many courses, so little time! Who knows, you may be the guy who starts a Blog up for that course. If you don't wish to commit to a whole blog for the course, you can wait until someone else does it or just bust out with your review of the course in the Truefire Course section of the Forum. The folks who put the courses out are very accessible here so your comments and questions will be heard.

Welcome again colloboss and have fun.

Default Howdy boys!! :)

Welcome lemort and colloboss!!

We're all glad that you've stopped by!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

MY GEAR:
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Welcome to Lemort and Colloboss, Great to have you guys here!!

Talking Hey Red & Fellow Pickers !!

Quote Originally Posted by slasner View Post
    Welcome to the TrueFire Forum!

I'm Red, a long time friend of The Fire! All are welcome to introduce themselves in this thread..

You wont find a bunch of stickies with "read the rules and faqs before posting"

All we ask is that you use common sense, keep it clean and friendly, and remember we're here because of our passion for guitar!

You are surrounded by a wealth of knowledge and people with a passion for guitar!

Enjoy and Learn!

:D
    Haven't been on here for a while...Sorry bout that.... I'm a slacker I guess.... But I'm still "pikin & grinnin",
    Ok....take care....
    www.myspace.com/jimmygriswold2561

It's all good, your here now, good to meet ya . I'm new since you were here last. As everyone knows, I need all the help I can get!!

Welcome aboard DjunDjunMaster, Gomjabber and Lemort. Sorry I haven't been here to welcome you earlier but the job searching has been keeping me pretty busy these days. I also hope I haven't missed anyone and apologize if I have done so.

Sounds as though you all have varying degrees of styles to bring to the board which is always a good thing. I hope to see you all around soon sharing story's, experiences and if need be, asking questions. Everyone here is always willing to offer advice when needed.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

Blog Entries

Hey Grizzler glad to see you stopping back for a visit. Loved your video, you play a mean (and good lookin) telecaster. Nice first video on your site, I enjoyed it. Come around more often and tell some stories

P.S. Grizz can REALLY play that Tele. I encourage everyone to watch that first video. Not your usual stuff and very tasty!
    Last edited by Wolfboy1; 11-11-2009 at 02:54 AM.

Thanks for making me feel welcome. I've browsed the forum and have to say, this seems to be a place I actually wants to spend some time

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Welcome again my friend and is it cold in Norway yet?
    I live in the southwest part of norway, not the coldest, but I guess some of you would consider it cold, yes
    Winter is just around the corner. A big excuse for sitting indoors and practice and have fun. (Although I do like to scubadive midwinters as well :-p )

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    P.S. Grizz can REALLY play that Tele. I encourage everyone to watch that first video. Not your usual stuff and very tasty!
    Agreed. I really liked his style. Cool stuff

Mrten

Welcome you all!!! you'll love to be here! we're a friendly gang who love to share our playing experiences, and there are monster players that visit us and gives words of wisdom to us!

enjoy!

Greetings to all! This looks like a great forum! Didn't know about it until the Larry Carlton Improv course. Looking forward to it...

I'm from Brazil, and I mostly wank on the blues on a couple of telecasters, both made in Brazil!!!!

Best regards!

Red face Wayne

Glad to be a part of this forum and all of the interesting comments. I've been playing many years. This past year and a half I've been studying with Jody Fisher, chord melody style jazz, ala Ted Greene. So far everything I've seen in 335 Improv fits right in the pocket. Once you get past the theory, it's all about melody and tone.

Blog Entries

It's bonus days here at Truefire...Larry Carlton swings by to join in the launch of his new course and we are getting a bunch of new members here at the forum!

A warm welcome to fabiomayo from the land of big sun and little bathing suits and wbacer. Very cool you both swinging by and posting. My only fear is that, as a rocker, I'm going to be seriously outnumbered by theory loving chord gurus

Oh well, I'm sure it will make me a better person in the long run. Seriously....WELCOME you two, I will be looking forward to more of your posts and will try to soak up a little jazz for the first time in my life

Default What are you, new?

Indeed I am. Just signing on here for the first time. Got my LC DVD in the mail today, and looking forward to spending some quality time with it.

I'm 39, live in Tampa, started playing when I was ten or so. I play out regularly, and teach beginners & intermediate players, but have felt the need to expand my own playing & fill in some gaps for a long time now. From the vids I've seen, I love LC's way of teaching, and obviously his impeccable sense of melody, phrasing and fire. Cheers, Rich

Default Howdy boys!

Welcome fabiomayo, wbacer, and rawhiteley!

Glad to see you all here; with one thing in common: Larry Carlton's 335 Improv!

So many people, from so many different places, isn't music great?!

Thanks for introducing yourselves, and joining up the forum!

We all look forward to everyone's comments, questions, and answers. Good times ahead!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

MY GEAR:
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

ok work is slow today so before the christmas luncheon I figure its time for a formal introduction since I've already jumped around a bit in the forums.

So the cliffnotes of my journey into music -

Got an acoustic in college, following year got a jackson dkmgt and threw some EMGs into it because at the time I was really into metal. With studies and everything though my guitar playing was really slow. Senior year started picking up my acoustic more and working on more contemporary christian stuff... lots of good acoustic rhythm work in there.

Since graduating and getting married and getting into the workforce my playing has been somewhat stalled. 2010 is going to be the year I really start devoting myself to learning the instrument though. Today after work I'm taking my electric to get the nut replaced, in the next couple days I'm going to be getting the CAGED Cracked system, after christmas probably spend some more money on some of the other courses you guys have recommended for me. My tastes have definately changed over the last 4 or 5 years. I went from metal to texas electric blues (I'm pretty much an SRV fanatic.), listen to a little of everything now. I still like to hear some distortion in the mix though.

My goals for the next year are to really learn the instrument and feel comfortable playing over changes. I want to advance as a whole guitarist, rhythm and lead style. Gear wise I'm pretty much set for now to have a really good practice atmosphere. I've got my fender acoustic/electric, Jackson DKMGT, KORG Ax1500g pedal and Alesis SR-18 drum machine - so I've got a portable drummer I can tell what to do

I originally found truefire out from one of the blues books I got, I don't remember which one... just that it you could get the truefire tracks off of the website and then get a few truefire bucks for putting in the code... I lost the sheet though... Lol, so I've been lurking around the website for a while I just came upon the forum, so I'm gonna stick around in a effort to keep me motivated to keep playing and stick to my guns this year.

There`s so much to choose from here whatever your level or style but the one thing I just look at every now and again in awe is Andreas Öberg and Frank Vignola playing minor swing on Gypsey Duets. Absolutely brilliant , its not something I would listen to normally but playing the guitar over the years has really opened my ears to other styles of music. Infact I`ve got the above course now, only listened to it so far though, I`II need to psych myself up big time for this.

If you have`nt seen it the links below,
    http://truefire.com/tftv/?channel=gy...duets/gjd_02_w

Blog Entries

Bigtone, I feel your dedication to improvement emoting throughout your post
    Seriously, you sound like you are ready....well good luck!

Now give a write-up on the SR-18 when you have time. I owned an SR16 for awhile but the 18 is a huge leap forward from appearances. Is the ease of use still there?

Blog Entries

And a big welcome to rawhiteley as well!

Nice to see experienced guys coming round for further training. When the pros hangout here you know you are in the right place

Default Welcome Guitar Enthusiasts.

Welcome fabiomayo from Brazil, I had no idea they made Telecasters in Brazil. If you get a chance we'd sure like to see what Brazil tele's look like. Welcome to the forum sir.

And welcome to you wbacer. Funny that you mention 'Chord Melody Style' - I was just looking at the Course Chord Melody Cafe http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...sons&item=6039 . Are you studying with Jody Fisher personally or with his material? Great luck to you in your journey with the 335 Improv and hope you stay around here afterwards.

And rawhiteley, as Wolfboy says, it's great to see another teacher here. Lots of guitar teachers here looking to improve themselves and thereby improving the experience for their students. I love that, I'll eventually bite the bullet and start with a instructor again, the scary part is finding someone good and then making sure he or she isn't too bossy. I hate bossy teachers. Welcome sir, if there are any questions or comments hollar right up.

And Bigtone, I'm glad to see you flying all over the forum and using it for your benefit. It really is here for you and everyone else. Hang out here and it will certainly help keep you motivated and getting better. Welcome everyone and anyone I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy1 View Post
    Now give a write-up on the SR-18 when you have time. I owned an SR16 for awhile but the 18 is a huge leap forward from appearances. Is the ease of use still there?

Honestly I haven't played with it enough yet. Another thing I bought, and thought I would use it and just haven't yet. Its pretty much brand new still. It sounds awesome though. I am going to play with it over the holidays and see if I can make some good rhythms since the presets are soso.

I'll definately do a writeup in the next couple weeks though.

Default New to the Forum

I just got a notification that I have received 335 improv as a xmas gift. I am totally "jazzed" to receive it! I got an email saying i needed to post something to get and extra 2 hours of video online, does this count as a post?

Quote Originally Posted by randman999 View Post
    I just got a notification that I have received 335 improv as a xmas gift. I am totally "jazzed" to receive it! I got an email saying i needed to post something to get and extra 2 hours of video online, does this count as a post?

I think to be one hundred percent in the good you might want to go over to the Larry Carlton section of the forum and post over there
    , that's from where they will take the information. The idea is that folks will ask questions and exchange information in the Larry Carlton section of the forum and provide the best use of those two one hour videos that Larry Carlton will do to answer those questions and discussions from the actual folks using the course.

And welcome to the forum!

Welcome randman999,

Glad you've joined the forum!

Congrats on getting 335 improv, it's a great course.

Hope you enjoy the forum and Larry's course, if you've got anymore questions feel free to just ask.

Like Gadlaw said, I would post in 335 Improv forum, just to be sure.

http://truefire.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

MY GEAR:
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Default Greetings from the land of corn and hogs........

Hey Everyone....

I hope this message finds all of you well on your way to being the guitar player you want to be. I feel that finding Truefire may help me to finally get there.........

A little about myself... 43, college professor (I study dirt and rocks....). Started playing when I was 17. Played a lot for the first few years and then in spurts in the many years since. I would consider myself advanced beginner, early intermediate. Got back into it seriously a year ago after hearing my nephew and cousin's son jam at a family Christmas gathering. Born in Montana, raised in North Dakota, currently splitting my time between IA and WI. Fingers are callused again and I am SLOWLY improving, but still have a hard time playing in front of my wife.....

Gear:
    Guitars:

Heritage 140 - sweet guitar, don't play it as much as I used to.

Seagull CW Folk Cutaway - this is the guitar I can't seem to put down anymore.

A no name archtop (with f-holes) from the 1920's or 30's. My grandpa's guitar. Needs a new nut and bridge to make it playable

Occasionally get to play a 1928 Martin D 28 that belongs to my wife's aunt. She kept the guitar downstairs with no case for about 20 years before my wife's uncle decided he wanted to learn and took it in to get it strung up. It now rests comfortably in a +$500 case. It is in absolutely great shape, no damage at all. Plays like a dream, very quiet though........

Amp:

Roland Microcube

1950-52 Fender Twin that my other grandpa gave me back in 1985. He played tenor banjo in a band for years and they used to run the entire band out of this amp. I was happy to get it at the time, but being a Randy Rhoads/Eddie Van Halen wannabe I was dreaming for a Marshall Stack. I wish grandpa was around now to know how much I appreciate the amp now.

I am going out today to pick up a DigiTech Jamman so I can record some backing loops to practice improvising. I'll let ya'll know what I think.

That's probably enough for now. I have been reading the forum for the last few days.....it seems like a great community here. I hope to learn a lot with and from all of you!

Play on........

Blog Entries

Hey Dr. Rocks (dakotajoe), sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Welcome, I think you will find TrueFire to be just what you need. I'm sure you've noticed there are lots of free sample lessons over at TrueFireTV. If you have any questions about the courses don't hesitate to ask.

Sounds like a nice little collection you have there. And I've heard nothing but praise for the JamMan. As far as playing for the wife, believe me they are much more forgiving than you think. Especially if you are enjoying it. So relax, have fun and don't worry about making a fool of yourself. The general consensus is usually, "Wow, wish I had the nerve to do that". And only you will notice the small mistakes.

Don't forget to check out the "2 cents" thread and send Nancy an email for the freebies!

Man this dude really ROCKS!

(sorry)
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Default Welcome Dakotajoe

And we are glad that you've found your way to TrueFire. I greatly enjoyed reading about the history of the guitars and amps you have and have access to. Great gear with great family memories and history to go with them, I don't know that it can better than that.

You have everything you need to get better - great gear and motivation. From here you have as much community and assistance as you want, just holler out and feel free to join any conversation or start ones to discuss specific things you want to talk about. Welcome again and thanks for writing a great post.

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the introduction and the encouragement rjbasque! My wife is actually pretty supportive, BUT she keeps telling me that one day she would really like to hear me play an entire song, instead of the little bits and pieces she gets out of me now I know dozens of those!

Re: Dr. Rocks, I like that....but actually most of my students refer to me as "Joe Dirt" I had a fantastic mullet in the 80's so I guess that name fits too....