Default TruFire TV Question

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding the subscriptions...

I'm thinking of getting a Level 3 subscription .. where it says that one would have instant access to the material that is on TrueFire TV... I'm confused about the pricing of the courses... on some it says that a discount is offered for subscription members...

I guess my question is... does a level 3 subscription gain access to the courses listed only after they are purchased at the subscriber discount... ? ... or are they a part of the subscription....

I'm thinking of getting Caged Cracked... If I'm a level 3 subscriber do I get automatic access to that... or only after I purchase the course at the subscriber discount..?

Thanks,

Bob

Level 3 allows you full access online to all courses as soon as you sign up.

The discount is applied when you wish to buy the courses as a download or cdrom or dvd.

It also applies to audio lessons.

Hope this helps.

I guess my question is... does a level 3 subscription gain access to the courses listed only after they are purchased at the subscriber discount... ? ... or are they a part of the subscription....

I'm thinking of getting Caged Cracked... If I'm a level 3 subscriber do I get automatic access to that... or only after I purchase the course at the subscriber discount..?

As a Level Three Subscriber you get access to all the courses that TrueFire makes. The issue sometimes is if a course just comes out they are scrambling to fill orders and also put it on TrueFire TV. This usually goes smoothly and it'll be there. You do not have to wait to purchase a Course with your discount to be able to view it on TrueFire TV if you are a Level 3 Subscriber.

So as a Level 3 Subscriber you will have access to Caged Cracked and every Brad Carlton Course as well as the monthly Lesson Disks when they come out. That subscription also includes Larry Carlton courses, David Hamburger Courses, Marc Schonbrun Courses, - all the great awesome courses by all the great awesome instructors! All that and a 25% Discount for purchasing those courses! How's that sound? It's why a lot of us buy courses and are subscribers as well.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Sorry I haven't had my coffee yet... or it hasn't started working....

So if I just want to take the course as in view it on TrueFire TV... that would be included in my Level 3 subscription...

If I want to either have the ability to download it and write it to a DVD or if I want the DVD shipped to me thats when the discount would apply ... because I'm taking a physical possession of the product....

So would a good strategy as a beginning user be to use the TruFire TV to learn as much as possible with the various courses and then just purchase those that one wants a hardcopy of..... or that fill a specific educational need...?

What do most new users (beginning guitarists) typically do....?

Thanks,

Bob

Default Here's the link to the chart -

Here is the link to the chart with all the options and all the rewards of each level of membership. http://truefire.com/join.html

It sounds like you have it about right. The 25% discount on Courses is for Course and product purchasing. In addition to that as a Level 3 Member you also get TrueFire Cash Back with your purchases which counts toward your next purchase so you have incentives coming at you from all over. That's not counting the sales that happen for courses and course bundles like you see right now.

Now for the question of what other beginners do or what other folks would do - I would say it depends on you and how you feel you can best use TrueFire. I know some folks like me who wish to physically own the courses I like. It just so happens that with the yearly membership (Like my Sirius Radio membership - buy it a year at a time and save over buying monthly) I can save a great deal of money in buying those courses as well as being able to see any course I like online whenever I want. For instance I haven't physically purchased the newest Larry Carlton Course but I've been watching it and following the blog over it. I haven't purchased the Efficient Guitarist Course but I am able to watch it and follow the discussions about that course. Those are brand new courses, will I buy those? Eventually I will but I don't have to buy them immediately to get the full use of them and when I do purchase them it'll be at a good price for me.

Now if you feel that you would do better focusing on one thing at a time it makes sense to buy that first course and see how you like it. It's not as immediate but that's how I started. You can always change your mind and increase your Student Level which is what I did and a lot of folks did. So there you have it.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Also level 3 members get a montly CD disc mailed to them every month. The lessons on these discs will frequently get packaged as a new course at a later date. (Many of Brad Carltons courses have been like this).

As to whether it's better to buy the individual course or to become a level 3 subscriber. Can't really answer that. Pros and cons to both. It's entirely up to the individual and whether you like to cherry pick lessons in alot of different styles or whether you want to just focus on 1 course at a time and maybe even how much time you have to practice.
    ---------------------------------

'Retired' Truefire Swat team member

"You should never lose the groove to find a note"-- Victor Wooten