1. Default Important updates & faq

This update will answer the most frequently asked questions regarding participation in the 335 Improv forum.

DO I NEED TO REGISTER ON THIS FORUM?

Only IF you purchased the advance copy of 335 Improv AND want to participate in the forum, which includes a free download of the two additional video workshops from Larry.

All you have to do is register and post at least once here to qualify for the videos. Easy as pie.

HOW DO I REGISTER ON THIS FORUM?

1- Use the link below to and fill out the form:
    http://truefire.com/forum/register.php

2- You will be sent a confirmation email. You MUST click the activation link in that email to complete your registration.

3- Login whenever you visit the forum. This will give you access to all forum features and tools, plus you will be able to post here to qualify for the video downloads.

DO I NEED TO USE THE "mr335solos" PASSWORD?

You no longer need to use the password. Larry said we could open it up to everybody whether or not they purchased 335 Improv. Thanks Larry!

HAVE ALL ORDERS BEEN SHIPPED?

Yes! All orders have been shipped BUT many of you are overseas or are otherwise worried about receiving the course in time by December 15th when moderation begins. No problem, see next answer.

WHAT IF MY COURSE DOES NOT ARRIVE BY DECEMBER 15th?

If you did purchase the course, on www.LarryCarlton.com or www.TrueFire.com but you worry that it will not arrive in time, TrueFire will give you free access to the entire course on www.TrueFireTV.com for the duration of the forum. You'll be able to stream all of the videos and work with all of the text, tab, notation and practice rhythm tracks.

If this describes you, send an email to nancy@truefire.com with 335 IMPROV in the subject line from the email address you used when you placed your order.

Nancy will confirm that you have placed an order at either TrueFire or LarryCarlton.com and if so, will then send you instructions for accessing the full course on TrueFire TV (www.truefiretv.com).

HOW DO I GET THE TWO ADDITIONAL HOURS OF VIDEO?

Everybody who participates in this forum (you have to post at least once!) will be sent a secure download link to their email on or before January 5th.

The videos will be in FLV format (just like the course), which can be easily viewed on any Windows and Mac computers. We will also provide links to free video players if you need one.

DO LEVEL 2 and LEVEL 3 TRUEFIRE STUDENTS GET THE ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS?

Yes! Your tuition includes access to ALL of TrueFire's courses including 335 Improv. So, all enrolled Level 2 and Level 3 TrueFire students - who participate and post in this forum - will also be sent the secure download link in an email.

- - - - - -

I hope this answers most if not all of your questions. Feel free to post more questions here in this thread. Looking forward to interacting with you!
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Default New Member

I am looking forward to getting the course by Larry. Its in the mail so I will try it by using Truefire TV.

Question New courses

Hi

I bought the courses the 20th of November , but I haven't received nothing until now !!

I 'll watched at truefire

bye

Default Didn't get yet either

Same here, I ordered it on November 20th and haven't received it yet, I am in the
    States, I feel sorry for those people overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by danorourke View Post
    Same here, I ordered it on November 20th and haven't received it yet, I am in the
    States, I feel sorry for those people overseas.
    Hi there Dan, there's no reason to feel sorry for people overseas or who didn't get their Larry Carlton Course disks by the start - if you read above you will see that you can arrange for free use of TrueFire TV for the duration of the course. This also allows you during those two weeks to sample in full the other courses that are at TrueFire TV. We've done this before and had this same problem before. You can't always predict what the mailman will do. In fact, I just read an article about mailmen hiding mail because of the high volume and pressure of trying to get everything delivered on time. Personally I order something in June and it gets here in a few days, I've ordered from Germany and Japan and had those things in a week. I order near the holidays and who knows when I can expect something to show up. Dan, did you get your access through Nancy?
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Default Additional Videos

Hi, I got my DVD and I am a registered user but haven't got the download links so far. How long does it usually take to get the links? Thanks for your help!
    Regards from Germany
    Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by StephB View Post
    Hi, I got my DVD and I am a registered user but haven't got the download links so far. How long does it usually take to get the links? Thanks for your help!
    Regards from Germany
    Stephan
    Greetings StephB, you haven't got the download links yet because Larry Carlton hasn't done the videos yet. Your questions and discussions in this forum about the course will determine what will be covered in those videos, so watch your videos now, read the forum, participate in questions and develop your own questions and then Larry Carlton, Chris Buono and Brad W will distill the questions into those two videos and then you'll get the links to download those videos when they done. Cool?

Talking

Im looking forward to take part in this forum...

but i still have to wait , because my 335 impro has not arrived
    yet

cheers

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Greetings StephB, you haven't got the download links yet because Larry Carlton hasn't done the videos yet. Your questions and discussions in this forum about the course will determine what will be covered in those videos, so watch your videos now, read the forum, participate in questions and develop your own questions and then Larry Carlton, Chris Buono and Brad W will distill the questions into those two videos and then you'll get the links to download those videos when they done. Cool?
    Hi gadlaw, thank you very much for your quick reply! Well, I am impressed ... I thought it would be "just" 2 additional videos and nothing specially concerning our forum's questions. VERY cool!

Cheers,
    Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by peterg. View Post
    Im looking forward to take part in this forum...

but i still have to wait , because my 335 impro has not arrived
    yet

cheers

Peter

WHAT IF MY COURSE DOES NOT ARRIVE BY DECEMBER 15th?

If you did purchase the course, on www.LarryCarlton.com or www.TrueFire.com but you worry that it will not arrive in time, TrueFire will give you free access to the entire course on www.TrueFireTV.com for the duration of the forum. You'll be able to stream all of the videos and work with all of the text, tab, notation and practice rhythm tracks.

If this describes you, send an email to nancy@truefire.com with 335 IMPROV in the subject line from the email address you used when you placed your order.

Nancy will confirm that you have placed an order at either TrueFire or LarryCarlton.com and if so, will then send you instructions for accessing the full course on TrueFire TV (www.truefiretv.com).

This is the best solution unless you are on dialup. In which case you can still participate in the forum, reading and commenting on points that other folks bring up. Additionally, this forum will still be up and the discussions can still continue after the two weeks.

Hi, Im still waiting for my dvd wich I hope will arrive soon,
    Ive tried to send e-mail to nancy@trufire.com.
    First time it was sent back to me as undelivered mail, second time was to days ago and Im still waiting for reply.

regards from Iceland
    Bjarni

Quote Originally Posted by bjarnifreyr View Post
    Hi, Im still waiting for my dvd wich I hope will arrive soon,
    Ive tried to send e-mail to nancy@trufire.com.
    First time it was sent back to me as undelivered mail, second time was to days ago and Im still waiting for reply.

regards from Iceland
    Bjarni
    Hey there Bjarni, have you been able to get in contact with Nancy yet? Perhaps your return email was malformed in some way which might have caused the email to nancy to have 'bounced' back to you. You've successfully joined the forum so there shouldn't be a problem in regard but you never know. You have posted in the forum so you will be getting the links to the two Larry Carlton videos when they are created but we do want to be sure the email address is the right one. If you haven't received an answer you can check to see if the email you sent the request from works by sending it to me at gadlaw@gmail.com - If it gets to me I can forward it to nancy's address and to others at Truefire to see that it arrives. Sorry I missed this post until now and let us know when that course arrives to Iceland. Thanks for your patience.

Got your email Bjarni. Sent you a reply and one to Nancy. I'll ring them up if I don't get any reply in short order. And by the way - the customer service number is (800) 222-3366
    Last edited by gadlaw; 12-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.

13. Default

hello bjarnifreyr - you mispelled the address (missing the first "e" in "truefire")which is why you did not get an answer from nancy - but no worries!

please send nancy@truefire.com your email and she will certainly follow up on monday.

did you buy from larrycarlton.com or from truefire.com?

all orders have been shipped but the mail is very slow, especially overseas due to the holidays.

nancy will arrange free online access to the course for you (and anybody else who needs same) until you get your shipment.
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Ok, my mistake thanks alot.
    I bought the course from larrycarlton.com.
    All the best
    Bjarni

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    hello bjarnifreyr - you mispelled the address (missing the first "e" in "truefire")which is why you did not get an answer from nancy - but no worries!

please send nancy@truefire.com your email and she will certainly follow up on monday.

did you buy from larrycarlton.com or from truefire.com?

all orders have been shipped but the mail is very slow, especially overseas due to the holidays.

nancy will arrange free online access to the course for you (and anybody else who needs same) until you get your shipment.

Default So Excited!!

Hi All,

I would like to thank the TF team of making my dream comes true. What a cool Mr Larry Carlton's forum, and he will going to answer our question personally. Anyway still waiting for the DVD to arrive. Also like to thank Nancy for setup the online version for me so quickly! Awesome level of service!

Question 1: Will this forum still continue available for us to ask question after 31st Dec 09?

Question 2: Is there a problem if my forum user account is not the same as my TF user account? How to tell if I have posted at least once in this forum to qualify for the extra 2 videos download(remember, my TF account and forum account are not the same)?

regards,
    Bizcom

Default Updating and such

This seems fairly typical of the way that things work at Truefire, in that the product is fine to begin with, and improvements seem to show up either on the site or in the forums. It's been nice to see a business that has the sense of responsibility and community that drive this thing. It's a little like watching the presentation of a award that Larry Carlton got last year, and then hearing him launch into some of that sweet playing that we're studying (I don;t ever want to sound like Larry Carlton, but I sure don't mind adding some of his sweetness and funk to my own meagre store of musical vocabulary as I keep trying to evolve my own voice). Keep up the good work, all and sundry.

Dan

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bizcom View Post
    Hi All,

I would like to thank the TF team of making my dream comes true. What a cool Mr Larry Carlton's forum, and he will going to answer our question personally. Anyway still waiting for the DVD to arrive. Also like to thank Nancy for setup the online version for me so quickly! Awesome level of service!

Question 1: Will this forum still continue available for us to ask question after 31st Dec 09?

Question 2: Is there a problem if my forum user account is not the same as my TF user account? How to tell if I have posted at least once in this forum to qualify for the extra 2 videos download(remember, my TF account and forum account are not the same)?

regards,
    Bizcom

we will keep the forum up but larry will not answer questions after next week (he's headed out on a couple of long tours BUT there's plenty of other folks here who are doing a great job of answering many of the questions.

no problem on the different account names.you will get the downloads!
    Last edited by Brad; 12-26-2009 at 07:13 PM.
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Red face Just confirming... the video uploads are coming later? But I have to post once?

Just confirming... the video uploads are coming later? But I have to post once?

Default It's terrific

Brad:
    Going through the course/DVD over holidays -- very well done, hat's off to your TrueFire team.
    AustinBuddy

Default Post at least once to this section of the forum -

Quote Originally Posted by austinbuddy View Post
    Just confirming... the video uploads are coming later? But I have to post once?
    Post at least once to this section of the forum, the video uploads have not been released yet so you haven't missed anything yet.

Default Smoother Mac video playback

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Post at least once to this section of the forum, the video uploads have not been released yet so you haven't missed anything yet.
    Here's a tip for Mac users whose video stutters with the Flash Player included with 335 Improv... Open the "MacVideoPlayer" in each of the six sections with the free version of "SWF & FLV Player" that you can find here: http://mac.eltima.com/freeflashplayer.html

When opened with that app instead of Macromedia Flash Player 8, the user interface looks the same, but the video playback is smooth and in sync with the audio.

Brad-thanks for the clarification re: registration and posting. I assume that by becoming a Level 2 Student, I will also be eligible for the forums LC's putting together for the group--correct?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by olshepp View Post
    Brad-thanks for the clarification re: registration and posting. I assume that by becoming a Level 2 Student, I will also be eligible for the forums LC's putting together for the group--correct?
    It is my understanding that the forum is open to anyone who visits. Originally it was going to be for TFU Students and purchasers of the LC course. But Larry decided to open it up to everyone.

Be aware that the opportunity for posting a question is either over or just about. The to videos are scheduled for filming tomorrow (Wed 12/30)
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Default 335 Imrov missing!!!

Hi, I wrote to Larry's shop and they told me the package will take 4-6 weeks to reach Italy!!!
    See ya on line!
    d.

We are all looking forward to this! Anyone with questions can post them here or email nancy@truefire.com either way you will get fast answers, just take into consideration that the forum might be quicker because it functions during off business hours.

Have`nt said much so far, but am following closly. Phew, lots to take in here.
    Still waiting for disks.
    Last edited by xtcoranges; 01-03-2010 at 06:52 AM.

Hi, I ordered the course on 12/31 and have registered for the forum, plus am now making a first post to qualify for the additional video content. Looking forward to all of it! Thanks -

Frank

Question Enjoying the course

Received the course a little over a week ago and I'm really enjoying it. I look forward to the downloads and partcipating in the forum going forward.

Kirk McConnell

Arrow just received my 335 Improv cd today (jan05/2009)

Hi I just received my 335 Improv cd today, and its one of the best Truefire guitar lesson I have.
    Looking forward for the downloads and participate in the forum.
    Iwee from Singapore

Default Larry's Post Christmas DVD?

I was just wondering when the post Christmas recordings will be available.
    Andy

I have received my course, which i bought from Larry Carltons company. I also posted a reply after the 5th of Jan. Am I still eligible for the 2 videos?

Ordered the course on Dec 31, just now getting a chance to look at it. Great stuff!

And is the right place to look for the extra video?

Thanks!

My wife bought me the course for Christmas (it was on my list!) It's become one of my all time favorite Video Guitar lessons.

Is this where I post to qualify for the bonus download lesson?

Thanks!
    WK

I'm also posting here wondering if it's too late for a TF level II member to get the additional videos?

Looking for the downloads link.

Thank you very much!