Default EHX wiggler pedal

Hi all does anyone have one of theses or have used one? I'm looking into getting one looks like a pretty cool pedal capable of decent vibe, rotary sims and vibrato just curious if anyone had any feedback on it. Thanks

Blog Entries

Can't help but I await your review
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Well... I'm trying to line this up for tomorrow its a Craigís list deal I will definantly let you know about it if I get it.
    BTW what are you using for uni-vibe? I know from an earlier thread you had gotten and then sold the fulltone? Iím really hoping that the wiggler can get me a decent uni-vibe as well as a Leslie sound on one pedal well see

Blog Entries

I have a Moen Shaky Jimi, recommend by one of our forumites Mikespe I believe. Pretty decent pedal with just a small amount of tone loss. A great deal for the money IMHO. I think I'm am going to make another pedal board with my crazy stuff on it: EHX SMMH, Digitech Synth wah, Shaky Jimi, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Russian Big Muff, BYOC trem, and whatever else I kave around. I made a smaller board for live sets and I don't have but about half my kit on it.

Here's my current live rig:

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Default EHX Wiggler: Review

So I picked up this pedal on a Craigís list deal over the weekend. I spent that least couple days in between watching football to explore this pedals many options.

It has two modes Tremolo and Vibrato within the Vibrato mode there are 4 different setting that will get you different type of vibrato type sounds

LOOZ mode gets you uni-vibe type sounds
    HAMM is a Leslie sim type sound
    ACEY is a vox type of vibrato
    WURL is a electric piano voicing

I have been wanting to add a uni-vibe and a leslie sim type pedals to my board and when I found this I decided to give it a shot the price was right so I figured I had nothing to loose. I really like the LOOZ and HAMM modes the ACEY and WURL at the moment donít do a lot for me and surprising the Tremelo mode is pretty cool. I havenít messed around with tremolo much (even though I have a Super Reverb) but this has opened some doors for experimenting.

All in all I'd say good bang for the buck I was looking at getting a VL Microivbe and the Boss RT-20 these would have put me back about 350 so this seems like a good choice at the moment.

There is a cool video and info on the EHX site that give you a better idea of the sounds that can be had with this
    http://www.ehx.com/products/wiggler

BTW WB you have excellent taste in wha pedals, here's my home setup at the moment

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review and link golfnut!

Isn't that a great wah!. It is the only pedal hardwired to my board, everything else is velcro'd. I really love it's tone, options and sweep....best I've heard and surprisingly rare on the pedal board forums. The OCD is a pretty sweet pedal as well. I have tried one but really not needed at the moment. I have a Paul Cochrane "Tim" on order should be delivered some time end of February. I will give that one a workout and see if it kicks off the liquid blues or forces me to build a bigger board.

Thanks for the review and link golfnut!

Isn't that a great wah!. It is the only pedal hardwired to my board, everything else is velcro'd. I really love it's tone, options and sweep....best I've heard and surprisingly rare on the pedal board forums. The OCD is a pretty sweet pedal as well. I have tried one but really not needed at the moment. I have a Paul Cochrane "Tim" on order should be delivered some time end of February. I will give that one a workout and see if it kicks off the liquid blues or forces me to build a bigger board.
    I hear everyone over at TGP just raging about the "Tim" or the "Timmy" so let us know what you think after you get it. I'm very curious about it.