gigglefudge28 Guest

Default Final Week #10 - Ear Exam II

Final Week for Ear Exam II. I can't believe how fast the past 10 weeks have flown!

Click Here for Week #10 video

Good luck everyone!

Email your answer to rachel@truefire.com, with Ear Exam II in the SUBJECT LINE, before midnight Tuesday of the following week.

Check out what the EAR EXAM is all about: http://truefire.com/forum/showthread.html?t=4092

Also, if you're not motivated enough at the though of winning the Boulder Creek guitar, check out all that she (or he ;-) can do!
    http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?...reek_solitaire

WHAT YOU CAN WIN
    The Grand Prize winner gets a brand new Boulder Creek Solitaire Series ECR1-B Guitar. Our resident guitar guru, Brad Carlton says, “You can hear it ringing with energy – so many modern stringed instruments appear to have something sucking the life out of them, but this guitar sings out nicely. The Solitaire has a great range from subtle and soft to robust and huge, and it’s remarkably responsive to the player’s touch.”
    25 Runner-Ups get any TrueFire Video Course of their choosing.

Here’s more pics and scoop on the Solitaire …

http://bouldercreekguitars.com/solitaire.html
    http://bouldercreekguitars.com/sol_ecr1b.html
    http://bouldercreekguitars.com/media/bc_brochure.pdf

I can't believe 10 weeks has gone by that fast!

Thanks TrueFire and Rachel for putting on these Ear Exams.

Well, I just sent my answer to Rachel.*(fingers crossed)*

This chord was a bit of a challenge for me to fret, but I got it.

Love the sound of this one as well!
    Last edited by jimiclaptoncarl; 10-14-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Well, those of you who participate in the Ear Exam contest and maybe first timers, you have 12 hours left to turn in your answer and Ear Exam II becomes history.

Hey, you only need one entry to be eligible to win!

Good Luck and remember just 12 hours left!
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. (PebberBrown)

MY GEAR:
    Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard
    Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric
    Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster
    Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt
    Yamaha CG172SF
    Digitech RP300A

Its almost all over now, you just reminded me about sending my answer in jimiclaptoncarl, last week was pretty hectic and so didn't get the chance to do it when it came out. I wonder who will be the lucky person to get that guitar.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tev77 View Post
    I wonder who will be the lucky person to get that guitar.
    Why ME of course

Good Luck everyone
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Aye, she's a fine looking guitar and good luck to everyone who successfully entered.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

gigglefudge28 Guest

Default Final Answers!

week 10 answers

well we've successfully completed another ear ear exam together. thanks for everyone sticking with. it all start tallying the votes and announce the winner when we have it ready.

thanks!

Thumbs up

Never played a Boulder Creek, been playing my old Alderaz for years on the acoustic side of the studio. It would be nice to have a selection there. Anyways Good luck to all who participated, the Winner will be lucky who ever it is.

The Suspense is killling meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

I just get exicted thinking about what the

guys at TrueFire are cooking up in the studio

to anounce the winners, and to see what

other surpises they are planning for the future.

Thanks TrueFire!!!

You Guys Rock

Exclamation Back To The Land of The Living; Sort of

I missed the last part of the ear exam .
    I got the flu ; probably H1N1 . It has to be the worst flu I've ever had . It turned into pneumonia . I thought I was going to die people . It was the worst I've been in my 51 years of life . I'm still not out of the woods yet . My doctor wants to wait until this thursday before he commits to any further treatment . He's hoping my body will take over now and do the rest to recover .
    Winning the guitar would make me feel better
    Dont' pass up getting the H1N1 shot . You don't want to go through what I've been through . I'm a really healthy guy . Don't smoke , wine with dinner only, eat only organic whole foods , active , picture of health . I don't usually get sick , but look what it did to me .
    Of all the things I've lost
    It's my mind I miss the most

Quote Originally Posted by Bry50 View Post
    I missed the last part of the ear exam .
    I got the flu ; probably H1N1 . It has to be the worst flu I've ever had . It turned into pneumonia . I thought I was going to die people . It was the worst I've been in my 51 years of life . I'm still not out of the woods yet . My doctor wants to wait until this thursday before he commits to any further treatment . He's hoping my body will take over now and do the rest to recover .
    Winning the guitar would make me feel better
    Dont' pass up getting the H1N1 shot . You don't want to go through what I've been through . I'm a really healthy guy . Don't smoke , wine with dinner only, eat only organic whole foods , active , picture of health . I don't usually get sick , but look what it did to me .
    Aren't you like 50? Of course you are, it says so right in your post. You didn't have the variation of this from the 70's? I had heard that the target for this version are under the age of 50. I'm glad you are feeling better and hope it's the worst of it, they do say what makes this version more potentially deadly is that it gets way down in the lungs and from there it's more possible to find yourself going toward the light. The version of the flu I had in the 70's was quite painful, feverful and scary.

I was at a website where the dude was giving a very nice guitar away and the contest was to write why you thought you deserved the guitar. I clicked on the little articles written there and the first one was some religious Kenyan school teacher who wanted to have a guitar so she could sing and play to the little children and teach them about god. I looked down the list and they just got more maudlin and depressing. Well, fortunately here the contest is clean and random but maybe in the event of a tie we can have essays where the tied winners tell how they are less likely to get laid in the next five years without the guitar. That could be moderately amusing.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    ......maybe in the event of a tie we can have essays where the tied winners tell how they are less likely to get laid in the next five years without the guitar. That could be moderately amusing.
    Gad, that's a pretty good idea, but essays about their sexual success being dependent on winning a guitar would only expand the frontiers of maudlin and depressing. Maybe if they had to eat bugs, trash-talk the other contestants and run obstacle courses where they get really dirty and/or humiliated....might give the amusement factor a bit of a pop. I hear that it's worked in other contexts.