Arrow Frets....Changed ?

Has anyone here ever had there frets replaced…
    If so…Was the fret board the same after..
    Bout How much $$$
    I’ve got a Strat with a maple neck that needs new ones,, but not sure what’s involved..
    Hoping some one could pass on some wisdom
    Peace

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Blog Entries

Not sure about a complete re-fret, but a level/crown/setup cost me $130. I would guess somewhere about double that. I've heard that if it's done properly there should be no change to the fretboard.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

I had my Buscarino refretted about 17 yrs ago, it was $90 and was awesome when it was done, then someone stole it out of my van and it's gone...... I sure do miss that guitar..........

Red face Fret work

I have no idea what it could cost, but I know the folks at the link I have included could do it and give you an estimate before they do the work. I live three and a half hours from Columbus, OH, but it was worth the drive to have them work on my Taylor 810, my 73 Strat, and a newer Les Paul. They are the "factory authorized repair shop" for Taylor closest to my home in WV. They have photos and news clippings on the wall of some more famous artists for whom they have done work. Mr. Davis advised against re-fretting the strat because he said it was a very vintage instrument. They said if I didn't play it that often, I should probably leave it in its current, well kept condition without alteration. I really felt these folks treated me right and I believe they are that way with all their customers.

http://www.jthomasdavis.com/home.html
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Arrow

Hey guys, Thanks for the Info..

I Really love this USA Strat and would hate to ruin our relationship...Its not a Vintage ,,,Late 90's but I've spent to much time on it..

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

Out of the way, it's a busy day
    I've got things on my mind.

Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group