Thread: Lee's Rant

Default Lee's Rant

Normally I am the quiet type but I gotta vent this.

My phone microphone died last week so I decided to buy a new one.

Some simple requirements (tri/quad band, skype, text messages and make/recieve calls).

Decided to buy off the 3 network (sorry sir your card is refused!!). Thought something wrong with the card so afterwards I bought an mp3 album - card worked fine.

Next stop ebay (decided on an unblocked Nokia 6300,107.50 english pounds) went through the motions and ebay crashes on the checkout.

Fine... off I go to Paypal, I go to pay the amount and before I finish I notice insurance is included, so i refresh the page.

I remove the insurance and pay (105 pounds).

Next stop hotmail and.......looks like I paid twice

Contact the seller and ask for the lower amount to be refunded.

Next day the seller comes back and says there is an amount owing on my account!!!!!

Huh!!!!! I paid twice. Looks like the seller upped the postage by 5 pounds therefore I owe him 2.50.

As far is ebay is concerned the full amount is paid, paypal shows 2 payments to this joker, yet the seller will not refund me the 105 pounds until the 2.50 is paid.

It seems beyond them to offset the 2.50 against the 105.

Its like dealing with the Taxation Authorities!!!!!

Some good news my application to move to Australia is in the final stages of approval (that was a lot smoother than dealing with sellers on ebay).

Once again a big "Thank You" to all at Truefire for their great customer service

I need a beer and a blues jam.

I feel for you, I have been trying to buy two items from the US whilst I am here in the UK.
    First was a pair of pants from Crazy Shirts in Hawaii. Now I have been buying their stuff for about 15 years. I wanted the pants sent to my friend in Florida so I can get them when I visit next week.
    No such luck, three credit cards tried and my billing address failed to match on any of them. Strange seeing as my account with them shows $200 plus order shipped to my friend two years ago and billing address was the same and same card used, they send me a catalog at the Fl address and my UK address every six months..............I gave up.

Second attempt....to buy a pair of DC shoes from California, this time everything looks fine and shipping to Fl is $8, I go to pay but because my card is issued in the UK they want to charge me interantional shipping of $50 to Fl.
    E-mailed my friend and she placed the order and I'll give her the bucks next week when I get there.

There's always some joker out there that's dishonest. I would think that someone from Ebay or Paypal would be able to help you out. if not, I would contact the financial institution you have attached to yourPaypal account.

I haven't had any issues personally with Ebay or any sellers, but I don't shop there anymore. I think the thing has gotten too big and you can't find many deals there anymore. Everything I search for anymore is overpriced. In most cases I can find something new on Amazon new cheaper than what they are asking for it used on Ebay. Not to mention if I spend $20 on Amazon, I get free shipping.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Leedelta View Post
    Some good news my application to move to Australia is in the final stages of approval (that was a lot smoother than dealing with sellers on ebay).

Once again a big "Thank You" to all at Truefire for their great customer service

I need a beer and a blues jam.
    Is Australia still taking ex convicts and such? Cause you never know when a person might need an escape route and Australia does have Nicole Kidman who was pretty darn hot in Dead Calm way back when and they do have some awesome jumping spiders and poisonous ants and slow moving lizards and the biggest red rock and folks who say 'g'day matey' -

Sounds like a seriously bad run of customer service there other than that.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Jumping spiders and poisonous ants? Sounds like my idea of paradise. I think I'll stick to the city. I'm not very fond of snakes or spiders. Pretty much anything that small that can kill me.
    I want to die in my sleep like grandpa, not screaming like everyone else in the car.

Yep they say "G'day" "No Worries" "Awesome" and my favorite "I love your Sexy Irish Accent"

They are very touchy on the "convicts" history, appartantly it has only been taught in schools since the 1960's

I had an encounter with a King Brown Snake on an island off Perth.

Here is a funny video to give you a taste of Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE

Speaking of a taste of Oz I ate crocodile, kangaroo and emu while out there.

Who is the bigger predator.....

Awesome video, my sister lives in Brisbane so went there a couple of years ago to visit, probably end up going again for a visit sometime in the next couple of years.

Not to keen on all the dangerous animals either. I think if you actually get yourself killed or injured by an animal you've more than likely done something stupid. I don't have to worry to much, here in New Zealand there is basically nothing that we have to be scared of. I think there may be one tiny spider we have that is a bit poisonous but I've never seen one.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!