Blog Entries

Default Latest gear and reformed pedal board

First
    Godin nylon( bought used)...(the off color area is reflection from the ground)

New Mesa Express 5:25 1x12

2 Channels w total of 4 tone options, EQ, Tube Reverb, Master Volume and awesome "Contour" control
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Blog Entries

Latest attempt at a small, simple, cleaned up pedal board:

Buddy Guy wah - tuner - Cool Cat Fuzz - EVH Phase 90 - MXR Carbon Copy Delay - EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazari

And for at home practicing my separate RC-2 mini board

I was not going to have any dirt at all on my board and just use the awesome amp tones but if I am using the Drum tracks or looper on the RC-2 or the looper on the EHX SMMH I need to leave the amp on a clean setting. Therefore I kind of need 1 dirt pedal on the board to play with over the clean loops/drum tracks.

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Arrow

Nice and Clean lay-out. Me Likes How do you Like the MRX CC and the EH MM...I've seen these But Never how they Sound..

If you get Time Post some Sound Samples. How they all Sound..

Thanks 4 Sharing...

Seems Like I Just Said this the Other Day...IT"S FriDay

Music is just a Math Problem with a Groove
    Last edited by torr71; 06-12-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Best Ever !

Praise Be The Lord, My Rock, Who Trains My Hands For War, and My Fingers For Battle;

My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy.
    Check out the "Triads & Hendrixian Double Stops" Study Group" Put in your 2 Cents

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...ot-Study-Group

Hey wolfboy you are moving up in the world! I tried a Mesa amp the other day at Guitar Center and it sounded good. I usually always ply the Fender Twin when I go but decided to try something different. How does that Buddy Guy wah sound? I have a regular Crybaby but heard good things about this wah! Also what do you think about the Carbon Copy? I have heard mixed reviews depending how you use it. I heard it was great for slap back.

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

If a pedal made this board I really like it. The Cool Cat Fuzz is kind of new. It's a very good pedal but not sure it's going to stay on this board.

The Carbon Copy is very good for short analog delay duties. Apparently it's MXR's fastest selling pedal of all time. It is great for slap-back and subtle touches. I love delay by the way. The SMMH is absolutely the funnest pedal I have ever owned. The delay options are infinite, up to 3-sec delay, tap tempo, a 30 sec looper and all kinds of parameters to play with plus....the ability to save 1 preset from each category. It sounds great, doesn't seem to suck tone or add noise. I was playing with it for an hour last night. I love playing a clean vamp and looping it on the SMMH then jamming with the fuzz and Carbon Copy on a lead setting over top. Great sustain. I had been listening to "After Dark" by Tito and the Tarantulas (I will post a link) so I laid down a little 2 chord vamp with a latin beat playing on the RC-2 then just got lost working on all the Aeolian mode scales

As to the Buddy Guy wah I went through a couple of wah's never quite happy (Weeping Demon, DeArmond, etc.) but Bekaybe's Cry Baby always had the best tone and sweep to my ears, so I decided to go with a crybaby...but which one? I absolutely LOVE Buddy Guy and when I read this was coming out I knew it was destiny. It's awesome. I think it's a standard 535Q in one mode then a Buddy Guy mode (which I always use). It's a bit of a boost as well, great for going right into solo mode. Did you notice how cool it looks always a plus. Good looks is for sure secondary to good sound but it's a consideration.

After Dark by Tito and The Tarantulas as performed in the movie After Dark. Note: pay no attention to Selma Hyack table dancing in a bikini with the large snake (and you can thank me later). Arguably the greatest music video on Youtube. Listen to the lead tone he picks up at about 2:35. It just works so good over the main rhythm IMHO. Kind of what I can get with the fuzz, some carbon copy delay and the wah pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albIAvi6zag