Thread: Need help?

Default Need help?

Truefire has a FAQ page - http://truefire.com/FAQ.html or direct link Truefire FAQ From the FAQ page : We stand behind every TrueFire purchases with our Noteworthy Guarantee -- if you're unhappy for any reason whatsoever, we'll return every penny of your investment. Again, if you can't find your answer there please do ask your question here. We'll get you fixed up.
    TrueFire also now has a "Ticket Procedure" to get you help in good order. From the page here http://help.truefire.com/home you can see if your question has already been answered. If you can't find an answer then click on the 'Submit a Request" link and fill out that info to get an answer as quickly as they can manage it.
    Directly email Truefire at info@truefire.com for Customer Service or nancy@truefire.com
    To contact Truefire Online via your browser click Contact Us and fill out the form and click the Send button when you are done.
    TrueFire Support
    Live Phone Support:
    (800) 222-3366 or (727) 898-8866
    Mon - Fri from 9am-6pm EST
    Name:  helpdeskpage.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  78.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by gadlaw; 09-03-2013 at 09:22 PM.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Nice post Gadlaw!

Everybody: Let us know if you have any questions.

Blog Entries

Excellent Post Gadman!

There has been only 1 course I have not been happy with out of the many I have purchased. It just wasn't for me or what I expected....full refund no problem.

Additionally, I have yet to have a question go unanswered. Several folks have even contacted me via email with additional solutions and suggestions. I truly have found no place friendlier, better regulated or more inline with my guitar karma than this place. Thanks in no small part to the posters as well as the owners
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Default Help!!

Help!! Having problems accessing TF t.v. This has just happened a few days ago, I followed the 50 blues licks and was o.k then. I am a level 3 student and logged in correctly. When logged in and I click a lick from the blues licks for example it tells me that its loading and the little TF emblem in the bottom right corner appears and thats as far as it gets. In the status bar at the bottom it flicks between waiting for Truefire.com and transferring from truefire, any Ideas!! I`m a bit concerned as I am signed up for the 335 improv, which I`m still waiting for, but is not a problem as I was going to follow it on TF t.v. but now I have nothing.
    P.S when I say nothing works in TF t.v I mean not even the welcome to truefire ad which does not require a login.

Default Troubleshooting

HI there. I just sent the email to the official troubleshooting guy Ren. I guess I would start by doing the troubleshooting checklist. I was just on TrueFire TV myself and I haven't heard anyone else having this problem at this moment so I guess the first thing to ask is what Browser you are using and if there have been any changes to your Browser in the past few days - at least since the last time you successfully accessed TrueFire TV and the courses. If you are on Firefox and you have some of the addons which provide more functions that could have changed something. I have Ad Aware Plus and NoScript and those have to be 'set' to make sure that TrueFire.com has access and nothing is blocked. It sounds like something is being blocked so I would check the firewalls you might have and see if they can set a 'whitelist' to allow TrueFire access to your computer. Other than that there is a Adobe Flash update that was causing problems for some people. Well, that's a good start. Also see if there are other sites that are reacting the same way - that provide videos and see if those are working or not.

With 78.92 % of moderation: Gadlaw rules!

Thanks gadlaw for the swift reply. I`m using firefox, Ive checked the firewall ,seems o.k. Youtube etc works o.k. Just borrowed a laptop and logged in on that , works fine. So something must be blocking it. I`ll check what you suggest and get back.

Everythings cool!
    gadlaw got it sorted, turned out to be spybot running in the background blocking TF t.v. Must have had an auto update in the last few days which caused problem as always worked o.k. before. Anyways thanks for the tips and see you at the bar!!

Default Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xtcoranges View Post
    Everythings cool!
    gadlaw got it sorted, turned out to be spybot running in the background blocking TF t.v. Must have had an auto update in the last few days which caused problem as always worked o.k. before. Anyways thanks for the tips and see you at the bar!!
    Most Excellent! I have spybot installed as well, sorry I didn't think of that particular one. You have to watch some of those programs, I had Avast install a update and then it tried to tell me that half a dozen programs I had were Trojan infected. By the time the uproar abated they had apologized and fixed the problem but you it just goes to show how we need to be vigilant. I'm glad you got it figured out xtcoranges.

Yeah its easy to get pulled in with some of these freebies, and for the most part they work well, and then!!
    I guess my " senses are working overtime".
    Thanks again gadlaw.

Default Took the Level 3 Plunge

Hi,

I just signed up for Level 3...

I'm able to login and it says "Welcome" and identifies me as a Level 3 student.

I'm not sure what to do from there...

I'd like to start CAGED Cracked and The Efficient Guitarist...

I can get to the samples that I could get to before I signed up... and I can get to the catalog that lists all the courses that are available for purchase...

... but I don't see where I can just get going as a Level 3 subscriber to start the CAGED and Efficient Guitarist....

Thanks,

Bob

Wink

Hey Bob,

Good choice on the level 3 membership, you're gonna love it!

Okay, what you need to do is log in at TrueFire TV:
    http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html

Once you've logged in, open the "Technique & Theory" folder, right at the top you should see "The Efficient Guitarist." Click on it and it shows you all the lessons in TEG.

CAGED cracked is also in "Technique & Theory"section just a little down the list.

Hope this helped, let us know if you've got any more questions.
    *FAVORITE COURSE*

*WORKING ON*

A lack of effort will give you a lack of results. PebberBrown)
    MY GEAR: Epiphone 2007 Les Paul Standard; Ibanez AEF30E Acoustic/Electric; Fender 2008 MIM Stratocaster; Epiphone Studio 10s 19watt
    Line 6 Spider ll 30watt; Yamaha CG172SF; Digitech RP300A

Default Problem Going to Truefire.com Site

Hi,

I am having problem going to Truefire.com sites(TFTV, Forum even LarryCarlton.com) for more than 2 weeks now. It was fine previously until recently

This happen only within my home network(Both laptop and desktop return "IE cannot display the web page" error). I can access Truefire website from outside my home network using the same laptop.(this eliminates the suspect of browser/firewall/Antivirus issues)

I can't even ping the Truefire.com IP from my home network(with dynamic IP). I reported this to my ISP, the ISP can ping without problem, just as I can access the TF site from office network.

I had tried to reset my Wireless router. Problem still remains. I have no problem to Google, yahoo, youtube, facebook, twitter, but just can't go to TrueFire.com.

Could it be my IP address has been blocked by Truefire Server's firewall??

regards,
    Last edited by Bizcom; 02-22-2010 at 03:28 AM.

This sounds like a puzzle to me. I'll refer this over to Ren and hopefully he'll have something to add to this problem. You've already gone through the series of questions I would have asked which would have narrowed things down. I'll email this one to the tech folks.

Hi Gadlaw,

Appreciate your prompt reply

regards,
    Bizcom

Quote Originally Posted by Bizcom View Post
    Hi Gadlaw,

Appreciate your prompt reply

regards,
    Bizcom
    Hi Bizcom.Your request is on the way. We have to wait for the technical feedback (ie Ren) in the next -working-hours.
    stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgalvez View Post
    Hi Bizcom.Your request is on the way. We have to wait for the technical feedback (ie Ren) in the next -working-hours.
    stay tuned.
    I sent the email to Ren last night before I wrote the reply. It's a curious problem and I hope some ideas get floated. It would be interesting to know if TrueFire can block some addresses as Bizcom conjectured.

Bizcom,

please email me your IP address to ren@truefire.com

thanks,
    Ren

Smile download problems

Hi guys - first problem after years with truefire - I'm not complaining although it might sound like it, I just want to sort it out - I paid for fingerboard breakthrough - the course format indicated the file size was 1KB which I thought odd - turns out it is two files, first is 1GB - yup a gigabyte - my slowass old connection ( some parts of Australia are still on 512K ) estimates a day and 7 hours to download - that's 31 hours!!! the most I was able to download in one go before it stalled and crashed was 100Mb. I contacted truefire and have had no response - I comprendo it's been over the weekend, but the download has disappeared after 48 hours ( course format said I had up to 72 ), so I emailed to info@truefire and checked EST which was a while before 5pm Monday - still no response - anyone know if it's a public holiday in the east? and wtf do I do now - money go byebye, and I ain't got no course

Always look on the bright side of life

Default I have sent the information to the man

Sorry about the trouble you're having downloading the program. I've sent your info to the head guy here and they'll restart your download and do whatever needs to be done to take care of it. Do you use any download helper? I remember when I was on dialup that was the only way to be able to get any files of any size. Hang in there ibeaneverywhere - help is on the way.

Default funky cool bananas with the psychedellic bears

Thanks, karmatic dude, I've scored a free download helper and will probably have to wait awhile, as US EST is 8:25pm Monday and OZ EST is 12:25pm Tuesday - y'all don't work 25/8 so no more and a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Sorry about the trouble you're having downloading the program. I've sent your info to the head guy here and they'll restart your download and do whatever needs to be done to take care of it. Do you use any download helper? I remember when I was on dialup that was the only way to be able to get any files of any size. Hang in there ibeaneverywhere - help is on the way.
    Last edited by ibeaneverywhere; 02-22-2010 at 09:29 PM. Reason: I cain't spell, KO?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgalvez View Post
    stay tuned.
    Hi Ren,

OK,I'll check my IP(is dynamic IP) can only do it after work today( I am in different timezone, GMT+8.00). Then get out of my home to logon to this forum. Thanks

Default slide guitar, night classes

Hey hey!!

Howda the night classes work? So there's about 2 vids in each course, right? .... and then do they change? ....rotate?

How many/which slide guitar courses are offered and where are they in TrueFire TV land?

Thank you for your time and all of the warm welcomes!!!

Looking forward to my flying fingers and time spent here!

Phoenix

Blog Entries

Hello Mr. 222

The Night courses a set of more "structured lesson plans" created by TrueFire instructor Matt Brandt ("Chord Cookbook", "Slpa, Frail, and Thump") using material cherry picked from TrueFire's extensive library. There are 20 lesson plans, each is setup as a 10 week course, with 2 videos associated w/ each week. In addition to the Videos, Tab and Jam Tracks, there is Matt's insights, and advice about that weeks lesson. I was beginning to work through one course so I compiled the texts into a "booklet" for myself. I've attached it to this post as a reference. There is no rotating or changing, the whole 200 weeks of lesson plans are on TrueFireTV, so you can work at your own pace. The "week" timeline is guideline, not a definitive demand. If you want to take some time off, or change to a different course, go right ahead.

These are the Slide courses I can think of:
    Guitar Lab: Electric Slide, Slide Shop, Kings of Blues and Rock Vol. 3, D. Allman, and Play like Duane Allman.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Default Remember if you are having problems with your TrueFire stuff - Ask for Help!

To Contact TrueFire -

http://truefire.com/contact.html

For Technical Help -

http://truefire.com/tftv/help.html

And if you've got a problem, it's a weekend and nobody is home at TrueFire - I'm pretty sure this forum never sleeps since we've got members in both Hemispheres and in time zones from London, England to The US to Australia and places in between. Also this isn't the place where people will grump at you and tell you to search for the answer in the forum. You have a question or problem, we've got an answer.

Default PTAB Help needed please

I bought the play 1000's of songs in 21 days lessons. When it tells me to play some songs and I hit the Ptab button it just opens a pdf page. There's no music or anything. Ive looked in the files I unzipped and I don't see anything about ptabs. Could someone help me please. Thanks

Hi sandman30ca and welcome to the forum

I don't have the course, but I checked on TruFire TV, and it's the same there.
    I think it's on purpose.
    To me it seems too be a course that show you some chords and how to play them, and then you have the Song chart to help you find a song to play. But you have to know or listen to the song to figure out when and where to play those chords.
    But maybe someone with more knowledge about this course can chime in on that.

I did a quick glance through it on Truefire TV and I find only a few PDF files.
    There is one song list (pdf) and that's the one hiding under the Ptab button all the way through the course.
    There are a few Chord charts. Same chart all the way from lesson 1 through 21.
    Beyond lesson 21 there are a few different charts.

I'm sure you will get a better explanation later when the guys across the pond wakes up
    Johnny

Less is more

Red face Hi Sandman30ca

I took a look at the course on TFTV and I think Johnny is correct. I think it is on purpose. The file that opens with the PowerTab icon is actually a pdf with a list of all the songs and the chords you will need to play each of these tunes is listed beside the respective song on the list.

The Chart icon seems to open a group of chord charts showing how to make the chords needed for the songs. With the large number of songs included in this course, I doubt if there was ever any intention of putting power tab into the course for each one, especially since the chord progressions are relatively easy to follow. I know you have been playing guitar for just a few days, but if you learn the chords he shows you and listen carefully as he demonstrates the songs, I think you can do this. Like acquiring any skill, it will require some work, but I think you will eventually make it sing!

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by wvgman; 07-09-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "Guitar: for me it is just an all consuming, compulsive hobby." Alumini of Jeff Beasley's Shred Warehouse Classroom! & Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop!

Blog Entries

I agree with the comments made before me... Not only would writing out the musics for all those songs been a tremedous effort and require large amounts of disk but I think perhaps royalty fees would have also been required and with so many songs it would likely have really affected to pricing of the course.

Welcome to the forum...
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Default No help from Help Desk

I am brand new to the guitar and was impressed with the Truefire presentations on YouTube, so I purchased some lessons on line. Unfortunately when it came to downloading and opening the zip folder, it was empty and I have nothing to show for the money I invested in Truefire. I sent an e-mail to the help desk over a month ago with no response. It is Saturday and the 800## is closed. Any suggestions on how I can actually get what I paid for from this site?

Blog Entries

Ok, First of all be assured you will not lose your money. The help desk email seems to lose/overflow sometimes.

I sent an email to the Help desk guy directly. He will likely respond back to you this weekend. One bit of information he will need is what your TrueFire store username is if it different than the one you used on this forum. We will get this straightened out for you.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Quote Originally Posted by partytown25 View Post
    I am brand new to the guitar and was impressed with the Truefire presentations on YouTube, so I purchased some lessons on line. Unfortunately when it came to downloading and opening the zip folder, it was empty and I have nothing to show for the money I invested in Truefire. I sent an e-mail to the help desk over a month ago with no response. It is Saturday and the 800## is closed. Any suggestions on how I can actually get what I paid for from this site?
    Hey there. What Rj said. An email to the head guy has been sent, and they'll be on it shortly, perhaps it's a mistake on either end. How long did it take you to download the empty file? An empty file should not have taken very long, the download might have stopped on either end. Also, what course was it? If you can tell us that we can estimate how long it should have taken and go from there. And did you know that you can redownload it for 160 some odd hours so I would try that. Be logged in, go back to your download page and redownload it. So there might have been some sort of glitch. You'll definitely get what you paid for, no doubt about that. Hang in there man.

33. Default

Quote Originally Posted by partytown25 View Post
    Very sorry to hear you are having these issues. Especially not hearing back from the support desk which makes me thing something went wrong with that post/email that you sent. Please hang in there, we will check this immediately and makegood on everything.

what is your truefire username? (might be different from the forum name)
    ---
    brad wendkos
    brad@truefire.com

Sorry for the delay in responding. My username is the same as the one I use on the forum. Thanks.

partytown25,

i have reset your course for downloading, simply login to your account and the file awaits you. Any issue please give me a call 800-222-3366 x118 or email ren@truefire.com

Ren

Blog Entries

Hey Ren,

For some reason I am still unable to access all things Classroom. Says I am a "Master student" (could be worse) but even though "logged in" I am not able to get into Classrooms.
    Last edited by wvgman; 12-12-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Classroom

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Wolfboy1,

i have put you back into Scott Allen's classroom, checking to see why you were removed!

Ren

Blog Entries

Thank-you Ren. I am back in but....

All my messages and lesson plans/links are gone.

My classroom and material are gone.

I am no longer a student of Red either.

These are all fall out from the original issue but at least I can start rebuilding now...Jeff

Blog Entries

Hi Ren!

I got a note from Jeff S. that some of my stuff was swept away during a clean up. It appears everything dealing with me and Classroom was tossed. I am back in communication with Scott. Iam able to postin the Metal House but I can't get into the Student Union at all in addtion to what was mentioned up above. thanks for your assistance....tell Jeff he owes you and I a beer!
    Last edited by wvgman; 12-12-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Classroom

Default The download file for Muriel Anderson's 1-2-3 Fingerstyle reported 3 corrupted files

The download file for Muriel Anderson's 1-2-3 Fingerstyle reported 3 corrupted files during install.

CORRUPT.ma123fg-19.mp4
    CORRUPT.ma123fg-75.mp4
    CORRUPT.ma123fg-80.mp4
    Do you have replacement files?

Can someone contact me about this and either replace the files for make a corrected download file available?

Ed

The main problem with Truefire is the complete lack of customer and technical service. I've never had a question answered. The tickets are closed without answers except for a link to the FAQ.

HeY there Ed. I downloaded and unzipped the course with no issues. Try to redoenload the file and see what happens since the file was fine so perhaps it's an issue going to your computer.