Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1477

Wink Welcome, Sir Halmer!

Glad to see you on the forum! You seem to already be pretty familiar with the TrueFire playground so welcome to the monkey bars area of the forum. Good bunch of folks here who share a passion for guitar, music, and TrueFire products.
    Hang out and have fun. We encourage you to chime in on any topic or thread. You know what they say, "Practice smart and Play hard!"
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Welcome Halmer. Glad you're enjoying yourself. That's a lot of nice equipment you have there. I hope you'll feel free to jump into the forum any time. There's a lot of helpful folks on here, and a lot that could use some advice from a guy with your experience.
    The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

Blog Entries

Welcome Halmer and macshark!

macshark....you are right....lots of folks (me included) fit in pretty much to your description. Played in our youth, got busy with life and put aside the guitar, rediscovered the joys of playing and some how ended up here at TF. You shall fit right in.

Halmer would love to here more about your musical life. Do you make a living from music? Are you in a couple of bands? You definitely have the tools of the trade to ply your talents!
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Cool Thanks Wolfboy1 and herby

Actually, I just know enough to be dangerous..and that's the beauty of music. I have always felt that it's not how good you are, but how well you play together. Or it you like, the sum of the parts.
    Yep, played in a few bands over the years. Much like youselves, played as a teen in the sixties, gave it up for many years and then got the itch again in the eighties...and have never looked back. Here we are some thirty years later and I still have such a burning passion for guitar. The Grandkids also think Grandpa is the coolest rocker on the planet. Now how good is that? I play in a five piece band...love sixties tunes, blues, classic rock etc. We try to do a couple of gigs a month, lend our talents to charity events, etc, and try to put back to our community where ever we can.
    As to my axes herby...does anyone remember Robbie Lane and the Disciples from the sixties. He was playing a telly when no one else was. Picked up one last year. This year I sprung for the Gibby, another longtime dream from the sixties. Humbuckers are sure different from single coils. Sure comes to life with my boogie. I have had my strat from the eighties. Bought the P-base shortly after. Picked up the Larrivee about five years ago. I was doing coffe houses with a friend and decided to replace my fender acoustic with a high end instrument. My wife now refers to my old fender acoustic as "kindling" as it is now my campfire guitar. I think that covers the axes.

Cheers..

Wink Intro

a) How many years have you been playing?
    I played some 15 years from 11 to 26... at first just by myself, but then with some pop-rock bands, when U2 and Echo and the Bunnymen were releasing their first albums! wonderful times! but then went to music school to learn classical guitar and that killed it for me - not the guitar but a couple of turnoff teachers. So I switched to violin and did my course with it. The guitars remained in the limbo for some 15 years...
    Two years ago, at 46, ago I picked the guitar again, this time for jazz. I'm totally loving it and this time it will follow me to the grave ;)
    So I guess the answer would be 15 + 2 = 17 years!

b) Favorite styles?
    I'm focused on jazz, but I love it almost all - from baroque to punk, to drone. On the guitar it has been mainly jazz.

c) Describe your guitar and rig.
    Today I'm down to 3 guitars and a bass: a 1989 Washburn J6 (Gibson L5 type), an Epiphone Dot Studio (the cheapest and best buy I ever did!) and a Washburn DC80 (with the Stephen's Extended Cutaway). The bass is an Harley Benton 6-string.
    My main rigs now are...
    The Washburn J6 or the Epiphone with a Dean Markley DMC 80 stereo-chorus amplifier. No pedals or fx units.
    Or, for recordings, the same guitars through a late 80s Alesis Quadraverb GT, direct to mixing console.
    If you'd care to see, i'm using both guitars on my youtube channel.

d) What do you think about TrueFire?
    So far I'm finding it wonderful, both the course previews and the people on the forum. It tends to come up in every google search I do for my jazz guitar stuff, all along with the greatest materials Most probably I'll jump in to Fareed Haque's Comping Survival Guide!

e) How can we make this forum better for you?
    At this point I honestly can't answer this one... well, maybe you could add some more of those old-school smiles !

I guess that's it...
    Blue Skies and happy guitar playing to everyone!
    Joao

Red face Welcome to the Forum, Joao!

Great to see another cool jazz lover here! We have a few. I like jazz and pretty much everything else. If you have any questions about TrueFire, the courses, the forum, gear, or anything else, please feel free to post them. We encourage participation in the forum because this is where we share our ideas, new discoveries, shortcuts, and helps. You may be the fellow who has the answer to some of our questions too.
    You did some excellent work on those you-tube videos! I think you will really enjoy Fareed's courses. There is a world of great resource at TrueFire so explore the whole web page they have. Hang out and have fun with us here on the forum. We are glad to have you.
    Studying in Jeff Beasley's Sherpa Class, Shred Warehouse! Alumni of Steve Lasner's Bar Room Blues Workshop! Proverbs 17:22 says "A cheerful heart is good medicine..." So I must be overdosing. "I am slowly puttering along the way to becoming the world's most average guitar player."

Wink Thanks, Wvgman!

Thanks, Wvgman! Very kind words, Sir!
    I'm very glad I joined you guys here, it's looks like a really friendly place and the courses look just as great
    I'll keep in touch!
    Joao

Welcome Joao. I'm listening to some of your youtubes right now (and just became a subcriber to your page), and I can tell you'll be a great asset on the forum. Enjoy all that TF has to offer and please make yourself at home with your comments and opinions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Wink Thanks, Herby!

Thanks, Herby! I subscribed to your channel too, and am currently checking your blog as well, very cool material. I will try to participate as much as possible - in between practice streches .
    Have a great weekend, you all!
    Joao

Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPazGuitar View Post
    Thanks, Herby! I subscribed to your channel too, and am currently checking your blog as well, very cool material. I will try to participate as much as possible - in between practice streches .
    Have a great weekend, you all!
    Joao
    Thanks to you too Joao. And just so you know, about the first dozen or so music vids on my youtube "favorites" aren't mine. My page has been hijacked!

(Plus, note to self: I need to start blogging again.)

Red face Gidday!

Gidday Everyone!

I've been learning to play for around the past 12 months, I started to learn guitar 30 years ago but gave up after a year or so in frustration at not being able to play anything like Eddie Van Halen. This time round I have fewer expectations and am enjoying playing immensely.

My style of choice would have to be blues/rock, it's got the elements of the blues but with a bit more spice!

My favourite guitar is my Epiphone SG in red but I also have an interesting Roland g-505 unfortunately the midi electronics have all been stripped and it is now ?just? a very nice strat copy built in the 80s. I have a Vox VT15 that I love the sound of, mainly however I used to play through my PC using Reaper and Scuffham Amps amp sim. Now I play mainly through my ipad using an Alesis iodock and the Ampkit+ app.

I have found Truefire to have an awesome variation in styles of music and the instructors are some of the best that I have come across on the internet. Especially Red and Jeff McErlain.

I have only recently found the forums and must admit that I wish I had found them sooner, it's an awesome source of information and help and has been the deciding factor for me taking up a subscription. I was in two minds about the Sherpa program with Red but since finding the "final piece to the puzzle" once my budget allows I will be signing up!

So thanks and be seeing you round!
    Jon

Red face Gidday!

Gidday Everyone!

Seems my first post didn't post so I will try again...sorry if it shows up twice!

I started playing guitar 20 years ago for about a year until I realized I would never be able to play like Eddie Van Halen...so I gave up! For the past year I have been learning again and this time I have much more realistic expectations as a result I am really enjoying playing and to my surprise I am actually starting to make music instead of just horrible noise! My biggest hindrance is my terrible memory!

My favourite style would be Blues/rock, I like the blues but prefer it with a bit more spice...therefore blues/rock. As far listening my favourite band would definitely be AC/DC, I get sick of listening to most bands albums after a week or two, not AC/DC...been listening to them for the past 20 years! Saw them live twice last year, still as great as ever!

My favourite guitar is my Epiphone SG in red. I have a Vox VT15 that I love the sound of (one day I hope to own a Gibson SG and Vox AC30!). However I am usually using software amp modeling and a set of headphones. Previously through my PC using Reaper and the Scuffham Ampsim, now these days I use my Alesis iodock and the ipad with the Ampkit+ app. I also have a Roland g-505, which has unfortunately had the midi electronics stripped out of it and is now ?just? a very nice strat copy from the 80s.

I love the variety of course material that Truefire has to offer and think the instructors are some of the best I have come across. I especially enjoy the styles of Red, Jeff McErlain and Jeff Scheetz.

As far as making the forums better I haven't got anything to offer. I only recently found the forums and wish that I had found them earlier. I had been on the fence regarding signing up for Red's Sherpa course, since the discovery of the forums I have been convinced to do it...once my budget allows. It'll be my Christmas present to myself!!!

Cheers! And be seeing you around!
    Jon
    Last edited by flyingkiwi; 11-07-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingkiwi View Post
    Gidday Everyone!

Seems my first post didn't post so I will try again...sorry if it shows up twice!

I started playing guitar 20 years ago for about a year until I realized I would never be able to play like Eddie Van Halen...so I gave up! For the past year I have been learning again and this time I have much more realistic expectations as a result I am really enjoying playing and to my surprise I am actually starting to make music instead of just horrible noise! My biggest hindrance is my terrible memory!

My favourite style would be Blues/rock, I like the blues but prefer it with a bit more spice...therefore blues/rock. As far listening my favourite band would definitely be AC/DC, I get sick of listening to most bands albums after a week or two, not AC/DC...been listening to them for the past 20 years! Saw them live twice last year, still as great as ever!

My favourite guitar is my Epiphone SG in red. I have a Vox VT15 that I love the sound of (one day I hope to own a Gibson SG and Vox AC30!). However I am usually using software amp modeling and a set of headphones. Previously through my PC using Reaper and the Scuffham Ampsim, now these days I use my Alesis iodock and the ipad with the Ampkit+ app. I also have a Roland g-505, which has unfortunately had the midi electronics stripped out of it and is now ?just? a very nice strat copy from the 80s.

I love the variety of course material that Truefire has to offer and think the instructors are some of the best I have come across. I especially enjoy the styles of Red, Jeff McErlain and Jeff Scheetz.

As far as making the forums better I haven't got anything to offer. I only recently found the forums and wish that I had found them earlier. I had been on the fence regarding signing up for Red's Sherpa course, since the discovery of the forums I have been convinced to do it...once my budget allows. It'll be my Christmas present to myself!!!

Cheers! And be seeing you around!
    Jon
    Welcome to the forum! Sorry about your first post being eaten by the spam filter, it will do that with someone's first post often times and you know, it's just morning now in the US and I just saw your post, went to the Moderator area and found your last post stuck there which I unstuck. Anyways, most welcome to the forum! Like many of us you've started later in life, like many of us, you've started later in life again. Glad you found the gang, hang out a while, we're an international friendly bunch and don't forget to get that email to Nancy for your free download and let us know if you have any difficulties.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    email: gadlaw@gmail.com
    http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

Welcome Jao and flyingkiwi (sounds like a karate move )

Glad you both stopped in for a visit. Lots of friendly folks here with similar stories. Please feel free to share your wisdom and our knowledge. If you've read much around here you know you will fit right in so pull up a chair by the fire, kick your shoes off, grab a guitar, and make yourselves at home.....
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

Welcome Kiwi. I've said this many times, but your story is like a lot of the guys around here. That's part of what makes it a very friendly and helpful bunch. If you have questions or want to make comments, jump in and enjoy yourself.

Wink

Herb, roger on the hijacked channel, no worries

Thanks, Wolfboy, I'm feeling great here in spite of the short time. Will be happy to share my bits and learn from all of you!

Jon, tha was a great intro, and I can relate to a lot - like most everyone, according to the replies.
    Yes, "Eruption" also set me on fire many moons ago :D ! And, funny enough, I've been listening to some AC/DC lately - and it sounds very much up to date!

Ah... and also a roger on the Epiphone love :D

Red face Welcome, Kiwi!

Glad to have you aboard the TrueFire bus to guitar-land! Enjoy the ride! It is a super fun excursion with all sorts of riders and drivers. We have a blast in here and we hope you do too! Hang out, chime in, have fun, and make yourself at home! Welcome!

Red face Thanks!

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

After a bunch of reading here in the forums I'm now thinking I'll be better off doing the Sherpa course with Ravi so am looking forward to being able to afford that! In the mean time I decided to contact a local guitarist here in vienna and will give that a go for a few lessons...will let you all know how things are progressing.

Once again thanks and see you in the forums!

Cheers!
    Jon

Hi my name is George and I live near Manchester in the UK

About 6 I was a very late starter, but it has changed my whole life

b) Favorite styles?

All except Heavy Metat my ageal I just don't get it

I play a Fender Strat 60's re issue and Strat DeLux through a Fender Blues Junior I also have a 1998 Telecaster and play a Martin 16DGT acoustic

It looks fantastic but I am a bit new to make further comment I am looking forward to getting to know it though
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Red face Welcome George S

It is always good to have another neighbor from across the pond with us. You will find many other folks on here who are from the UK. Glad to have you on board the old TrueFire bus with us all. This is really a great place to share ideas and communicate with other players about all things related to guitar and music. It does amaze me at the international community that is represented by TF members. I think it is super cool! Chime in on any thread and enjoy yourself here. Like anything else, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. Glad to have you and we hope you make yourself at home here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by George S View Post
    Hi my name is George and I live near Manchester in the UK

About 6 I was a very late starter, but it has changed my whole life

b) Favorite styles?

All except Heavy Metat my ageal I just don't get it

I play a Fender Strat 60's re issue and Strat DeLux through a Fender Blues Junior I also have a 1998 Telecaster and play a Martin 16DGT acoustic

It looks fantastic but I am a bit new to make further comment I am looking forward to getting to know it though
    Watcha George good to see you on board I'm probably an hour an a half away from you subject to traffic jams lol. And with a Strat, Tele and a Blues Junior .

Hope you enjoy guitar paradise any questions just ask away every one is very friendly and it's good to share see you around

H
    Last edited by Hutch82; 11-10-2011 at 04:20 AM.
    Worked On: BGSG Course BlogWorking On: 50 R&B Bass Grooves YMK Blog

Groove long and prosper Tune in to Funk Friday

Welcome from me too George. I've looked at a LOT of guitar sites on the web and this is by far, in my opinion, the best. Very friendly and helpful folks here and the courses are beyond compare. Hope you'll make yourself at home and enjoy.

Thanks for the warm welcome Gentlemen I look forward to browsing for many a happy hour
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Question Hello from Brazil

I started playing rock in the early 80ís but it fizzled out after 3 years or so. Have been playing again for up to 3 hours a day for past 20 months and loving it.

Favourite styles: Jazz, Latin Jazz, Blues

Have Gibson Sonex, Crafter Acoustic, Washburn DM 32 Semi Acoustic, Fender Telecaster Special Edition Ash Neck, Behringer Amp. Boss Loop Station.

I originally thought True Fire was beyond me, but now I have got my feet under the table Iím really enjoying using 50 Jazz Licks, Jazz Up Your Blues, Inversion Excursion, Blues Architect, 50 Acoustic Licks and others.

Am also using David Hamburgerís excellent 50 Jazz Blues Licks Blog.

Not sure How you can make forum better at the moment. Iíll watch this space and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmanjohn View Post
    I started playing rock in the early 80ís but it fizzled out after 3 years or so. Have been playing again for up to 3 hours a day for past 20 months and loving it.

Favourite styles: Jazz, Latin Jazz, Blues

Have Gibson Sonex, Crafter Acoustic, Washburn DM 32 Semi Acoustic, Fender Telecaster Special Edition Ash Neck, Behringer Amp. Boss Loop Station.

I originally thought True Fire was beyond me, but now I have got my feet under the table Iím really enjoying using 50 Jazz Licks, Jazz Up Your Blues, Inversion Excursion, Blues Architect, 50 Acoustic Licks and others.

Am also using David Hamburgerís excellent 50 Jazz Blues Licks Blog.

Not sure How you can make forum better at the moment. Iíll watch this space and report back.
    Obrigado jazzmanjohn!!!
    Welcome to the forum!!!!
    I'm sure you will enjoy this place! some TF instructors also contribute here and people is nice!

Im from Peru so I'm close to you garoto!

all the best
    Roberto

Smile

Welcome jazzmanjohn!!!!

Nice to have you here at the forum.

Larro

-- If you can dream it, you can do it ! ;)

Red face Hey JazzmanJohn!

Good to have you with us here on the forum. One of our fellows from the UK just recently visited Brazil to see his wife's family. What a small world! Welcome to the world of TrueFire. Enjoy all the areas of this wonderful guitar playground! Please post any comments on the forum and participate as much as you wish. We are glad to have you with us!

Wink

OlŠ JazzManJohn!

Welcome to TrueFire! I can relate to a lot of what you mentioned, namelythe guitar playing in the 80s, returning to the guitar after a long absence and playing like mad since
    And the love for Jazz!

All the best from Portugal!
    Joao

Default Introduction

Hi, my name is Andy and I live in Derbyshire, UK. i have been playing in a classic rock covers band for around 8 years, the band its self is 20years old, and do 2-3 gigs a week. I also teach beginner and intermediate guitar to 15 students, its the best job in the world!!!!
    I also dabble with the drums and took my first lesson last week

On and off for around 30 years and seriously for the last 10

b) Favorite styles?
    Blues, Blues Rock, Fusion and latterly Gypsy Jazz

My gig rig is an LP Std, PRS CE24, Marshall 1971 JMP Superbass, or original Fender Blues Delux... with a pedal board.... MXR super SuperComp, Xotic BB Overdrive, Wampler Pinnacle, EH chorus, Boss Verb and delay and a homemade phaser.
    At home I am playing my Eastman archtop alot into the fender or a Nash Tele into a Blackstar HT-5. I love my gear

Simply awesome. Inspirational, Informative and friendly

e) How can we make this forum better for you?
    Not sure really, keep up the good work
    Cheers

Welcome JazzmanJohn and Monkfish. I can see from reading both of your posts that you're going to fit right in here. There are many, many courses suitable for both you guys. Hope to see y'all on the forum too. You'll find a great group of supportive guys and guyettes here and we'll be waiting and wanting for you to share your knowledge too. Enjoy!

Red face Welcome aboard, Monkfish!

I am sure you will have a great time here on the old TrueFire bus! Cool to hear about your band and your students. I think you have met one of our fine representatives from the the UK who I call Sir Hutch. Glad to have you here on the forum. We encourage participation because that is just how we exchange ideas and info on everything from TF courses, gear, music theory, and favorite players to whatever happens to be on our minds at the time. Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do. It has been a great experience for me and has helped my playing skills to grow.
    "Practice smart and play hard" as they say, and make yourself at home here.

Wink Bobbynoxious

Howdy;
    I've been playing guitar for about 37 years, I started at 14 and I am now 59. Guitar is my second instrument, but I try to play everyday (drums are number 1!).
    I am into all forms of jazz and have made my living as a performing musician in the past. I have played every kind of music to make a living, and enjoy many forms, but spend all my playing time doing originals or jazz with a focus on traditional forms at the present.
    I have many guitars, my main instrument to play is a 1975 Martin D-35 and if I need to go electric I use my 1985 Gibson ES-335, Epiphone Emperor, or my newest, a new american standard tele. I use a Fender Hot rod DeVille and boss chorus, and tube screamer if distortion is needed.
    This forum is great, but it loads very slowly.
    Last edited by bobbynoxious; 11-12-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by bobbynoxious View Post
    Howdy;
    I've been playing guitar for about 37 years, I started at 14 and I am now 59. Guitar is my second instrument, but I try to play everyday (drums are number 1!).
    I am into all forms of jazz and have made my living as a performing musician in the past. I have played every kind of music to make a living, and enjoy many forms, but spend all my playing time doing originals or jazz with a focus on traditional forms at the present.
    I have many guitars, my main instrument to play is a 1975 Martin D-35 and if I need to go electric I use my 1985 Gibson ES-335, Epiphone Emperor, or my newest, a new american standard tele. I use a Fender Hot rod DeVille and boss chorus, and tube screamer if distortion is needed.
    This forum is great, but it loads very slowly.
    Welcome to the forum Bobbynoxious. You've got some great guitars in that collection and like most of the rest of us - that next guitar or that last guitar is a real thing of beauty. You've got the big three, Gibson, Martin and Fender and it looks like you're having a blast. There's a lot of Jazz Instruction at TrueFire so you'll have plenty to browse through. As for the forum being slow, I don't know why you would be having that problem. It seems pretty fast at the moment but mileage does vary and let us know if you keep having that problem. Welcome again!

Welcome from me too Bobby. Sounds like Truefire will be right up your alley. There are a lot of guys here around your age, myself included, that come here for the wealth of knowledge TF offers. My guess is you've got a lot to offer too, so I hope you'll feel welcome on the forum. As for your loading problem, I can only say mine works fine. I'm not computer savvy enough to offer advice on that, but there are guys on here that are. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Most of all... enjoy!

Wink Welcome, bobbyn

Glad to have you on the forum. We are close in age and you have some great gear. I think you will really enjoy this place especially when the loading speed issue is cleared up for you. Mine seems to work just fine and I don't know much about the tech stuff, but I do know that TrueFire has been probably the very best all round guitar resources I have ever found. Hang out, have fun, and make yourself at home.
    Some of our gang are pretty tech savy and they will probably be glad to help. They usually do. Practice smart and play hard, my friend.

Red face

a) How many years have you been playing? Going on 4 years
    b) Favorite styles? Blues, Rock, Jazz
    c) Describe your guitar and rig. I have a couple Squire Teles one with two Humbuckers, the other one is a hollow body thin line, and a couple Squire Strats one with hot rails the other is a 60s vibe, and Epiphone Dot I put some gfs mean 90s in, and a Epiphone Allykat I havenít used an amp for a while I play thru a line 6 pod studio gx to my computer an listen thru headphones I also have an Ibanez bass
    d) What do you think about TrueFire? I think itís great I joined two years ago
    e) How can we make this forum better for you? I donít know I only singed up to the forum because of the tag jam
    Some songs Iíve been listen to recently
    I walk on guilded splinters - Dr. John, Atras De Tus Ojos (behind your eyes) - Debbie Davies,
    Bumpiní -Wes Montgomery, All blues - Ron Carter, Snake Hips - Johnny Otis (feat. Shuggie Otis),
    The Pink Room - Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me sound track, Your love is like a cancer - Son Seals,
    Who Knows-Jam - Jimmy Thackery &the Drivers, Iíll take you back (live) -Little Charlie & the Nightcats,
    Honeysuckle Rose - Django Reinhardt, Iíve just seen a face ---The Dillardís
    Some of my favorite albums War heroes Jimi Hendrix, Band of gypsys Jimi Hendrix, Kind of blue Miles Davis, Rock & Roll animal Lou Reed, Roxy & elsewhere Frank Zappa, Blood on the tracks Bob Dylan,

Red face Welcome aboard, ralphd!

Glad to have you on the TrueFire forum bus. Folks are here from all sorts of different playing backgrounds and genres. It is a super friendly place to hang out and chat about guitar related things, TrueFire courses, or whatever is on you mind. The more you participate, the more you seem to get from it. Welcome and make yourself at home here. I never was a "forum kind of guy" until I started coming here and I love this place.

Default Thanks for having me

Herby, WV, thanks for the welcome. Great place this, friendly folk too. I bought the modern method and inversion excursion today and proceded to play for 14 hours straight breaking off only for dinner... I was lost but now im found
    I too mailed Nancy for the free licks, on friday I think, but havent heard anything as yet. I dont know if I have left it long enough yyet.

Any road up, this is awesome and I'll be around for some time to come
    Cheers.....Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Herby, WV, thanks for the welcome. Great place this, friendly folk too. I bought the modern method and inversion excursion today and proceded to play for 14 hours straight breaking off only for dinner... I was lost but now im found
    I too mailed Nancy for the free licks, on friday I think, but havent heard anything as yet. I dont know if I have left it long enough yyet.

Any road up, this is awesome and I'll be around for some time to come
    Cheers.....Andy
    Friday was a National holiday so they might have been out of the office, Monday should be the day these things shake out. I'll inquire.

Default Britur official 50 lick intro

Hi, my name is Brian

1)How long?
    Been playing 45 years, A Bassman by trade, always enjoyed guitar as well.

2)Favorite Styles
    Rock & Roll-Motown-Country-Blues-jazz....most everything except metal.

3)Gear-- '73 Precision with 76 fretless neck(first year available), Dimargio PU 's
    & Bridge.--Breedlove atlas solo acoustic fretless--Aria Sinsonido fretless stick.
    Big Stuff --Cerwin Vega BG 250 -B36MF & B48MF with BG 250 slave.
    Small stuff--66 Vibrolux with altec 10" 425-8A's(excellent studio bass amp)
    Guitars-'70 ES345TD--Yamaha AEX 500--'78 Matsumoku vantage VA40C acoustic.
    Blues Deville with Eminence speakers --'68 Twin with fender hard speakers
    Pignose & a Crybaby.

4)What do I think of Truefire?
    Best instruction stuff I've found. I'm enjoying it all! Bluesbash & blues expose are excellent help for me.

5) How to make the forum better?
    A bit of assistance for internet related stuff would sure help me. (Mac User)
    I am having trouble with tag jam recording then to on line.

Keep this excellent forum happening! Cheers to all!

Wink New Axe

I just added a Tailor 12 string to my collection and it is fine. It has an ebony fret board and plays as smooth as butter!

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw View Post
    Friday was a National holiday so they might have been out of the office, Monday should be the day these things shake out. I'll inquire.
    Thanks for that Gadlaw, hope you all had a good holiday
    cheers

Thanks for that Gadlaw, hope you all had a good holiday
    cheers
    You are welcomed, I did email the gang so you should get a response today. Let me know if you don't. It's a great Monday morning out this way, a mild Florida day and a couple of hours south of me where TrueFire is at it looks good as well and I'm sure Nancy and Ren will be there in a short time to take care of the pile of messages and tasks they've got waiting for them. Holidays just mean more work the next day after all.

Welcome Ralphd. You're going to like this place. Great and helpful group of folks on here. Keep us up to date on how it's going for you.

Default 50 free licks

Hi, I'm Mick

1)How long?
    Been playing 5 months, late starter but cant put it down.

2)Favorite Styles
    Rock & Blues (heavy and classic)

3)Gear-- Starter pack Yamaha with a practice amp but will be getting more gear soon.

Downloaded beginners packs when I first found the site and helped me loads to get off the blocks and pushing me to want to learn more.

Too inexperienced to be able to comment as yet, lovin all the stuff avaialable.
    Keep it rockin..

Hey there Mick, and welcome to the forum. It's great that you're getting yourself to such a great start with the guitar. Nothing wrong with a good starter pack, some enthusiasm and pointing yourself to great instruction. So you're batting 1000 right now.
    This is probably the friendliest forum for guitar and there's always someone ready to answer any question or help explain any unclear concepts you might find your running into.

Default ayup Mick

Quote Originally Posted by 46mick View Post
    Hi, I'm Mick

1)How long?
    Been playing 5 months, late starter but cant put it down.

2)Favorite Styles
    Rock & Blues (heavy and classic)

3)Gear-- Starter pack Yamaha with a practice amp but will be getting more gear soon.

Downloaded beginners packs when I first found the site and helped me loads to get off the blocks and pushing me to want to learn more.

Too inexperienced to be able to comment as yet, lovin all the stuff avaialable.
    Keep it rockin..
    Blimey Mick, you dont mess around ( Im asuming its Beer Town Mick)
    This is a great place for us axe weilders, the folk are friendly and the beers are cool.
    Its easy to forget you have only been playin for 5 months, ye is doin a great job
    Catch ya soon....Andy

Red face Welcome aboard, 46mick

We are glad to have you on board the old TrueFire bus. Check out the whole world of TrueFire.com and you will find loads of great things to help you become a better player. We welcome participation and it is good to hear the perspective of someone who just beginning the wonderful journey of guitar playing. It can be a lifetime of fun. Hang out, have fun, ask any questions you might have, and make yourself at home here on the forum.

Default Beer town Mick it is

Blimey Mick, you dont mess around ( Im asuming its Beer Town Mick)
    This is a great place for us axe weilders, the folk are friendly and the beers are cool.
    Its easy to forget you have only been playin for 5 months, ye is doin a great job
    Catch ya soon....Andy
    Just trying to confuse myself even more. Anyway i need to be doing my chromatics instead of surfing on here.
    Cheers

Default ayup Mick

Quote Originally Posted by 46mick View Post
    Just trying to confuse myself even more. Anyway i need to be doing my chromatics instead of surfing on here.
    Cheers
    Have a look here, I posted up a jam track for all to download. You can use your E minor pentatonic scale to wail over this one
    http://truefire.com/forum/showthread...8860#post78860
    Rock On.........