Exclamation

1. How many years have you been playing.
    I have been playing for two years, played other instruments in high school
    and recently decided to pick up the guitar.

2. Favorite Styles.
    My favorites styles are classic blues and blues rock.

3. Guitar and rig.
    I have a Hot Rod Deluxe with Vintage 30 speaker, 60's reissue Japanese strat, usa baker b-1, and Les Paul, also use Pedalworx pedals.

4. What do you think about Truefire.
    Truefire has to be the best lesson site on the net that I have found.

5. How can we make this forum better?
    I am still getting familiar with the site. So far I have no recommendations.

Blog Entries

I have a suggestion...check out CAGED Cracked!

Welcome jcrowe! Lots of great stuff to get your technique off to a great start. Tons of free stuff as well Truefire TV has some great freebies with a couple of "Red's Joint" episodes I believe. Red does some Blues teaching and is on the boards here as well. Take care and keep visiting :guitare2:
    Too soon we grow old, too late we grow wise

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

Truefire Science Officer (dabgonit....where's my blue shirt!)

1- How many years have you been playing?

On and off for 20 years

2- Favorite styles?

Rock

3- Describe your guitar and rig.

I've collected a few, but my main "rig" is an Eastwood P90 Special or my MIM "'60s Classic" Strat through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I play my Agile AL-3100 a lot too. And...

4- What do you think about TrueFire?

Honestly, I'd never heard of you 'till today. Looks cool, though!

5- How can we make this forum better for you?

No opinion, but it looks like there's a lot to get into!

Default Welcome Beyer160

Welcome aboard sir. Another 20 year guitar player like so many guys here. I'm a two year player, or maybe three. And whether you're a three year player or a twenty year player there seems to be plenty to still learn apparently. TO get an idea of how the lessons are as you wait for the mailman to bring you your free lessons a stop at the main site http://truefire.com/ will give you a great idea of what's up here and what's available. If you click from there to the Truefire TV part of the site you can get sample lessons for every one of the courses they offer. There would be no way you could get through them all.
    Hope you like it here and welcome again.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

Blog Entries

Welcome Beyer160, glad you stopped in. Now Send your email to Nancy, Checkout the Improv tool Kit for $1.00 and then go to the True homepage and start delving into all the free lessons and video. J.Geils does a really interesting history lesson on BB king and the blues on Truefire TV. Red's Joint is fun and lots of downloadable content once you start getting the hang of the place. Come back here when you need a breather :guitare2:

Home page....check out the tour: http://truefire.com/index2.html

J.Geils, Melodic Patterns and Red's Joint (starring slasner in person) at Truefire TV Studiowire: http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?...ire&videofile=

Check out the first 5-6 free lessons with downloadable mp3s, powertab and pdfs here http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...set=&item=2986

Enjoy and again..... Welcome.

"I once played notes so fast that light emanated from the strings whereupon, I saw God.... who then told me to relax and start playing music."

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." David Gilmour

---------------------------------

'Retired' Truefire Swat team member

"You should never lose the groove to find a note"-- Victor Wooten

Default My 2-cents...

Hmmm... Since 1973 in 7th grade! So that is about 35 years!

2- Favorite styles?

I'm all over the map... Jazz, blues, rock, country, irish, singer-songwriter, etc. I adhere to the idea that there are only two kinds of music: good and bad

Electrics: Fender Telecaster Nashville Deluxe; Yamaha SA2000; Epiphone Howard Roberts (re-issue, not the original... darn!)

Acoustics: Martin HD-28; Breedlove C25/CR; Gitane DG-250M

I got a bunch of stuff back when GuitarPlayer mag was offering its lessons via TrueFire... thought it was a cool idea but haven't used it much recently. But came back to check it out again.

Don't know yet... I just found it!

Blog Entries

Hello mfowler

Well now that you've found us again, grab your guitar and join on in. Make sure you check out the TruefireTV freebies. This week they are rerunning the 'Melodic Patterns' webcast in on demand. A great bit of insight in rut busting from the basic patterns we all know and love (to death)

It's a big pool, but there are plenty of lifeguards.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Question

1- How many years have you been playing? 12 years
    2- Favorite styles? Rock, Alternative
    3- Describe your guitar and rig. Fender Telecaster (custom), Ampeg Superjet, Line6 X3 Live/Toneport
    4- What do you think about TrueFire? Just signed up - so far I like it though
    5- How can we make this forum better for you? Like I said above - I'm new, so I don't know how to make it better just yet.

Default Welcome there Johnny

If you look up this monster size thread you'll see links to all the goodies there are in the Truefire site. Plenty of free things here and you should enjoy it. Plenty of eye and ear candy and a friendly bunch on the forum.

Blog Entries

Welcome Johnny and mfowler. Thanks for coming by :guitare2:

Default Johnnysmitch and Mfowler314

Default Questions

1. How many years? Been playing 30 years off and on.

2. Favorite styles are electric instrumental and country. Used to play in a country band.

3. Rig: Fender Showmaster and Crate v32

4. Just finished signing up. Nice site.

5. By just asking you're off to a great start!

Blog Entries

Good answers and welcome Ultrastick!

I think, based on some of Truefire's recent offerings, you've come by at a great time for a country fan after you check out all the freebies take a gander at these:

Modern Nashville Guitar http://truefire.com/modernnashville/...nashville.html

Joe Dalton's Big Twang http://truefire.com/bigtwang/bigtwang.html

These other lessons by Joe Dalton most of which are free I believe
    http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...&viewauthor=50

and Dirt Road Blues http://truefire.com/dirtroadblues/dirtroadblues.html

Thanks for stopping by :guitare2:

1. I have been playing off and on (mostly off) for about 20 years.

2. My favorite styles are blues, rock and jazz.

3. I have a Schecter Diamond Series Custom guitar and a Peavey Backstage Plus amp.

4. I think TrueFire is great. I love the flexibility of being able to take a lesson anytime I want.

5. Hmmm, this is the first time I have ever posted to a forum, so I am not sure how you could make it better.

Blog Entries

Welcome jguitar

Right now what's making it better is people like you stopping in and saying Hi.
    I'm playing a Schecter these days myself and my very first amp about 1976 was a Peavey 2x12 tube combo. They get alot more respect these days. Hope you stick around and add your wisdom to the forums.
    Thanks for making us your first....it's kind of special that way

Default Welcome jguitar

Quote Originally Posted by jguitar
    1. I have been playing off and on (mostly off) for about 20 years.

2. My favorite styles are blues, rock and jazz.

3. I have a Schecter Diamond Series Custom guitar and a Peavey Backstage Plus amp.

4. I think TrueFire is great. I love the flexibility of being able to take a lesson anytime I want.

5. Hmmm, this is the first time I have ever posted to a forum, so I am not sure how you could make it better.
    Welcome to the forum jguitar. That first time posting to a forum is the hardest to do and you got through that part nicely. I know I lurked for a long time myself and even this part here with the answer some questions, email nancy@truefire.com and get actual free stuff I was wary about. I did it, got the free lessons in the mail and of course from then on I was hooked. Hope to keep hearing from you jguitar and again welcome to the forum. :guitare2:

Hi jguitar!

Welcome to the forums

If you need anything, let us know. We are a friendly helpful bunch here.

Glad you stopped by.

19. Default Matt here, Just introducing myself

Hi, folks!

Matt here. Just thought I'd introduce myself to the players in the forum.
    In the past few years I've written and recorded material for TrueFire ("Jump Blues", "Slap, Frail and Thump" and "Chord Cookbook" soon to be released) and had the opportunity to produce an Interactive Video Series for TrueFire with Paul Rishell and Annie Raines ("Dirt Road Blues").

I LOVE working for the good folk' at TrueFire, although the travel is a pain in the butt (I live in Haarlem - The Netherlands; the TrueFire Studios are in St.Petersburg Florida........ that's a 10 hour flight).
    I gladly make the effort, because of the enormous amount of knowledge, skills and love for the "Art of Teaching Guitar" these guys and galls have.
    Almost all of them are players, teach or have taught guitar and their webtech skills are unsurpassed.

Check out my personal website if you wish at www.bluemat.net

Okay, let's first answer these questions:
    1. How many years have you been playing.
    25 years this year (hooray!)

2. Favorite Styles.
    Singer-Songwriter, Blues, Folk, Country,Jazz - in no particular order

3. Guitar and rig.
    Fender Strat '88 (modified with Wilkenson Tremolo, Seymour Duncan bridge humbucker), Fender Thinline '69 (original), Martin D2R, National Duolian (1920's original), Lark In The Morning Mandolin, Vega open back banjo, Silvertone (original), Takamine and a few others.

4. What do you think about Truefire.
    TrueFire is the simply the best there is. They produce the best Interacive Videos, listen to students and teachers and give you the biggest bang for buck. Their innovative webtech is State Of The Art.

5. How can we make this forum better?
    Works just fine for me.

I actually started out at the end of the seventies designing Computer Assisted Instruction for High Schools and later worked for a big Dutch Educational Publisher. When I turned pro in '88 I started developing educational material for the guitar.
    Being able to release my ideas through TrueFire has been the iceing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. A huge reward after 25 years of playing and 20 years of teaching. Having the opportunity to bounce these ideas off of Brad, Ali, Dave, Ren, Andy, Nick, Eric, Charlie and the rest of the gang at TF has only made my teaching better.

I look forward to developing new courses for TF in the near future.

If you have questions on any of my courses out there, feel free to pop of an email or post it in the forums.
    I'll be checking them regularly!

Matt Brandt

Default Hey Matt Brandt!- Awesome to have you here

Seriously awesome sir. Thanks for coming into the forum. I bought your Slap, Frail & Thump when it first came out with those first sample videos over at Truefire.tv http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?channel=slapfrail. It was and is one of those things that's above my ability but it seemed like one of those 'aha!' moments. A style and a sound that I love and had no earthly idea how anyone could actually make a guitar do those things. Like the keys to the secret Kingdom and of course I had to buy your course. Not only can you play well but you teach well and I do enjoy and appreciate your style and manner. I look forward to hearing about new courses you might come up with. Maybe even get that next course autographed! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Hi Matt,

We really appreciate you stopping by to introduce yourself. I have enjoyed your Jump Blues & Slap, Frail & Thump courses. I look forward to Chord Cookbook. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the forums, come back any time, we'd love to chat with you some more. :guitare2:

Blog Entries

Hey Matt welcome!

Nice guitar collection.
    Ya know I lived a year of my life one night out on the town in Amsterdam

Did you ever play with any of the cats from Golden Earring? (I bet you've never heard that before )
    Last edited by Wolfboy1; 10-03-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Default to all the new guys/gals since my last post

Blog Entries

Flathead those little banners you keep coming up with are really kind of cool

Default I wonder where he gets them?

I have no idea.

Perhaps the mouse over and then right click on properties then follow the link shown therein.

16 years... and I sure should be a ton better by now

2- Favorite styles?

Blues, Rock, Country, Jazz

3- Describe your guitar and rig:

Lentz HSL - McNaught SC Jr - Tom Anderson Cobra w/ 3 P90s - Crook Custom Tele w/ Lollar & TV Jones - Trussart Deluxe Steelcaster - Vinetto Legato - Grosh Bent Top S - SRV Strat - Ovation Elite T - Dr. Z. Carmen Ghia & Mini Z - Fender Tweed Blues Junior

I enjoy the pedagogical approach displayed in those of your products I saw.

Too new here to answer that, but so far it seems to be a very friendly atmosphere that's conducive to learning and sharing. Thanks for that!

Default Welcome ThreeChordGuitar

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeChordGuitar

16 years... and I sure should be a ton better by now

2- Favorite styles?

Blues, Rock, Country, Jazz

3- Describe your guitar and rig:

Lentz HSL - McNaught SC Jr - Tom Anderson Cobra w/ 3 P90s - Crook Custom Tele w/ Lollar & TV Jones - Trussart Deluxe Steelcaster - Vinetto Legato - Grosh Bent Top S - SRV Strat - Ovation Elite T - Dr. Z. Carmen Ghia & Mini Z - Fender Tweed Blues Junior

I enjoy the pedagogical approach displayed in those of your products I saw.

Too new here to answer that, but so far it seems to be a very friendly atmosphere that's conducive to learning and sharing. Thanks for that!
    Hey there welcome Threechordguitar!!

The question has to be asked- which three chords?
    Interesting answer to what you think of Truefire because there are a lot of Guitar Instructors who use the teaching materials here for their own students. And the material here is more geared toward learning to learn rather than just teaching you how to play your favorite popular song and a lot of the people on the forum at least learned to play early - playing their popular songs and as they come back to it they want to learn the why and how as well. Anyways, welcome !!

Blog Entries

Holy cow that's what I call quite an arsenal of weapons. Some truly great gear you're playing ThreeChordGuitar. Once you get comfortable around here (and I am hoping you will), think about throwing up some photos or demos of your gear. I for one would love to hear/see some of it

For now....Welcome. Check us out, get some free stuff, investigate Truefire TV.....I bet you'd like the J. Geils video.....get comfortable, and jump on in

Thanks guys for the welcome and the comments. Since you asked, here's a quick pic of some of my guitars:

Blog Entries

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Seems to be a nice spread of single coils, P90s and Humbuckers.

Now which is your favorite (or maybe two favorite) that you play the most

Thanks.

My plan was to stick to American Luthiers, and to Teles as much as I could, and to get one guitar per pickup/tone style I lusted after. Took about a year to assemble this current cast, plus this one that recently arrived:

My #1 has been the Crook T-style w/ a Lollar Vintage in the bridge and a TV Jones in the neck. It's just perfect for me.

Default Beautiful Guitars Sir

I love pictures of guitars especially when we're talking about well lit, good pictures like these. An awesome bunch of guitars. I like that Paisley designed one. Nice and unique.

Thanks! I think GAS is a very real addiction that shouldn't be overlooked by the medical community. I just hope they don't find a cure ;)

Here are some pics you may enjoy:

hey three chord.......I'm envious! that is an awesome collection!

I'm Slasner AKA Red, Welcome! I work with TrueFire, check out my show "Red's Joint" on TrueFire TV under StudioWire..

I frequent the forum quite a bit, glad to help in any way!!

Quote Originally Posted by slasner
    hey three chord.......I'm envious! that is an awesome collection!

I'm Slasner AKA Red, Welcome! I work with TrueFire, check out my show "Red's Joint" on TrueFire TV under StudioWire..

I frequent the forum quite a bit, glad to help in any way!!

Thanks for the kind comments and the warm welcome. I will check out your stuff, for sure. I can use all the help I can get ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gadlaw
    Maybe even get that next course autographed! Now that's what I'm talking about.
    hmmmmm.......that's an interesting thought!!!!

2- Favorite styles?

1) 30 years off and on.....5 years seriously
    2) blues and country rock
    3) Gibson LP Custom or Yammy SBG2000-->Zoom G7--->Fender DRRI
    4) Just started looking at it.....it shows potential...I'm most interested in forums and needs MORE influx of people...I assume that's why you are having these promos
    5)Like I said above......keep up the good work in attracting a large user base.....and encourage gear discussions/trades/etc.

Blog Entries

Welcome Wader2k (can we call you Darth ).
    Another long term player with some somkin equipment. I like the idea of a sales area as well, we will see what the front office thinks. As far as promos most of what's free has been here for years. Tons of free lessons and the "introduce yourself for free lessons" especially have been here for ages. The Improv tool kit for a buck is new and a great deal.I think it corresponds to some degree with trying to getting the boards beefed up a bit and the redo of the home page.
    There has been a great deal of change going on here in the last 6 months involving accessibility, course formats, forum operations and many things behind the scenes that I have no idea about. All of it that I have been witness to has been a change for the better. Glad you stopped by to visit, hope you come back. The folks on the board and the folks at Truefire are as friendly a bunch of guitar lovers as you'll ever meet.

Default Just 2c

Hi gys,
    I am New to forum. Honestly play in free time at home and friends, even though that I do that for awhile. Sometimes write songs and poetry, but not too often, since time change too fast :0
    Regarding questions, I can say simple as

1 - 12 years
    2 - fingerstyle. Classical rock.
    3 - washburn acoustic, dean espana, washburn electric, epiphone lp
    4 - good for studying techniques and guitar overall
    5 - show some lessons and techniques online.

I guess, I will have to explorer more of knowledge here, since I see how busy the forum is. I hope I will find some new technique and could share mine as well.

Thanks,

ip

Default Welcome to the Forum ip068 and wader2k

Hello there ip068 - I see acoustic there, fingerstyle and classic rock. Amen to that. I've got the both myself but an a bit more partial to the acoustic side of it. But we've got plenty of every kind of player here so you're sure to find something of interest here. We just talk, help each other out, encourage each other, you know - how things should be. Welcome aboard and don't forget to send that email to Nancy and then when you get the course let us know how you like it.

And hello to you Wader- Wolfboy thinks Darth Wader, (he's got that speech thing going on ) I'm thinking fly fisherman. In any event, I saw you at the other contest down below, it looks like you're finding your way around just fine. Welcome to you as well and good luck winning that guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Hey all, this is Brad from TrueFire. Interested in getting our Top 10 Solo Lessons and Top 10 Rhythm Lessons video courses ($55 value) for free?

Here's the deal ... answer the following questions, on this particular thread, then send an email to nancy@truefire.com saying that you've done so (include your mailing address!) and we'll send you both video cd-roms for free! Fair deal? Chime in ...

2- Favorite styles?

Just click "Post Reply" to post your answers in this thread, then send Nancy the email and we'll send you the 2 video courses for free.

Thanks! Looking forward to all of us getting to know each other better. Happy Holidays!

P.S. Are you one of those people that view stuff on the forum but never post? Well, silence is not golden here!
    1. 5 Years
    2. Blues and Rock
    3. Les Paul into Fender amps!
    4. First time here.very organized!
    5. I need to look it over first. Seems pretty nice!

Blog Entries

Welcome Craig!!!

Look around, get some free stuff, grab the Improv Tool Kit for $1.00, watch some videos and hangout for awhile. Glad you stopped in

Wink

Well technically, I started playing in '2004 at the age of 33. I've always wanted to play guitar just never got around to it. It's been hit and miss since then. Two kids and a fulltime job at work and part-time at home along with ministry work the guitar has taken a back seat.

In 07 I got serious about it and practiced almost daily for about 6 months. Then I donated my Larrivee to a ministry in need and didn't play for several months.

This year I got serious again, bought an electric and play when time permits. I really look forward to growing as a player and I hope to be an asset in our Praise and Worship band we started with our Youth. They're stoked!

2- Favorite styles?
    My favorites are Hard Rock, P&W, and Folk

I currently have a FG403 Yamaha acoustic that was my first guitar. I recently purchased an Agile 3100 Slim Profile in Black. My amp is a Vox Pathfinder 15R with the Boos TU-2, Boss DD-5 with the FS-5U Tap and a Keeley DS-1 Ultra. I have an OCD on the way.

At first I thought, "O great another hyped-up pay site". But after I watched the tour and a couple of the videos, especially stoked about the CAGED Cracked!, I was sold! I'm very excited to learn more about the guitar and I hope TrueFire will deliver the goods.

This is my first time visiting so it's hard to say. I hope there is a profanity filter. I get tired of seeing people using ugly words for no reason.

Blog Entries

Welcome ryentzer!

First I think you will find this is about as polite a guitar forum as there is on the internet. We seem to be a fairly respectful crowd and try to keep it that way.

Second, I see you are a player who has researched your pedals a bit. Keely mod DS-1, DD-5 with 5U and an OCD on the way...that's a solid start to a healthy pedal collection

Now check out all the free stuff!!! Seriously and get the Improv Tool Kit for a buck. THen put CAGED Cracked and Frank Vignola's Vamps and Jams course on your shopping list I don't think you will be dissapointed. When you come up for air post your thoughts, question, opinions and guitar ideas around here. Most of all have fun and visit often.

Blog Entries

Also welcome ip068.

I missed seeing you come around. By now I hope you have found plenty of free lessons.
    Try this one: http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...sons&item=4862
    or
    http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...sons&item=2293
    http://truefire.com/list.html?store=...sons&item=1672

Better yet here is a bunch freebies (I think most of these are free)
    http://truefire.com/tags.html?tag=free

Enjoy!

Default Welcome Craig and ryentzer

Welcome gentlemen. Ryentzer - you know, I've been on this forum since 2006 and I can say with complete confidence that I have no idea whether or not there is a profanity filter here or not. Haven't heard anyone cussing here yet so who can say. You've mentioned that you are Christian and we certainly have folks here who are interested in merging their worship with their guitar interests. We've got Buddhists, Christians, Lawyers, Bluesmen, Insurance guys and everyone in between. And you've seen the videos, the sample CD that you'll get, like those videos will certainly hook you if you're looking to learn and learn at your own pace. Don't forget that when you go through the course samples at the main site that you can download PDF's and powertabs to go with the samples and there are enough sample lessons that you would be hard pressed to get through them all. Welcome!

And hey there Craig - Les Paul with Fender amp? Sounds like you are big time. Hope to see you around here too. Maybe post a picture of that les paul.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Look forward to spending some time in here learning as much as I can.

Default to all the recent members

sorry I been slacking . So this is a belated

Hi I'm Red! I am a TrueFire Artist, and am pretty well connected around here!

A warm welcome to all! Any questions? you can leave questions in my thread @

http://truefire.com/forum/showthread.html?t=1001

I'll try to help in any way I can with questions about TrueFire or playing guitar, or for that matter anything...........

Don't forget to explore TrueFireTV http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html and while there check out my show "Red's Joint"

And remeber everyone here is here to learn and everyone if friendly so make some friends and let's get learning!

:breaker1: