Default Chord Cookbook Released AND Purchased!

The moment I got the email from TF stating the Chord Cookbook was released I purchased it...even without watching it online! (Except for the preliminary video demos released prior to this....This course seems like buying a chord book from the store BUT also having someone there to show you HOW to use all those chords. Those chord books are like buying a dictionary without being able to speak English (or whatever language your dictionary is in!)

With my Student discount and TF cash it was only $42 plus $7 and change for shipping! My first actual course PURCHASE from True Fire! I hope it's worth it!?

I just now got to look at some of the Chord Cookbook videos. They look great but I am hoping there are more than what is listed in the online version? I am assuming with 4 CD's there HAS to be more to the course than what's shown...

Quote Originally Posted by mikespe
    I just now got to look at some of the Chord Cookbook videos. They look great but I am hoping there are more than what is listed in the online version? I am assuming with 4 CD's there HAS to be more to the course than what's shown...
    Awesome!
    I had trouble locating the course (beacuse they are in the middle of updating it on their webpage) so here's a link:
    http://truefire.com/chordcookbook/chordcookbook.html

That small listing of videos that you see online look like they will be the free sample videos that anyone can watch. There should be approx 80 lessons in the course. Hopefully by tomorrow we will be able to watch the whole course online. Thanks for spotting this for us.

Cool!! I bought it too in the first day of the launch as I promised (I had to take out the credit card from the freezer )

Now I have a doubt: Matt told us that it would be around five CD's..maybe they are 4 four because of the new player or was it edited ?

anyway excellent news!!

Thank you Brad and the TF people!
    Last edited by Rgalvez; 11-13-2008 at 04:23 PM.

On the course page it says that there are 100 videos. This course is massive, looking at the videos that can be viewed at the moment over half of them seem to be 6 or 7 minutes long. It will probably take them a bit of time to get the whole course up and running on truefire tv.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgalvez
    Now I have a doubt: Matt told us that it would be around five CD's..maybe they are 4 four because of the new player or was it edited ?
    It is a 100 video course, if they used the old player it would have had to have been on 5 CDs. I think the new player frees them up to be able to put more then 20 videos segments on a CD. Just look at Inversion Excursion, they put 124 videos on 4 CDs, thats an average of 31 segments per CD. 50% more for the same price.
    Sometimes life sucks, but God is always good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beboy

That small listing of videos that you see online look like they will be the free sample videos that anyone can watch. There should be approx 80 lessons in the course. Hopefully by tomorrow we will be able to watch the whole course online. Thanks for spotting this for us.
    Thanks beboy...I figured they just wanted to get the course public as fast as they could since the demand for this one was high. I want to work on the movable open chords tonight...I think this is a great acoustic lesson (even though it can be used with all guitars) since barre chords can be harder on an acoustic.

I wanted to add that the Introductory video looks like a bit narrow .It seems it was not properly transferred to the new screen.

http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?...cookbook/ccb01
    Last edited by Rgalvez; 11-15-2008 at 03:20 AM.

Being a bit confused by the are there 80 or 100 Lessons? line of questioning here I can see a nice orange tab at the page saying there are 100 Lessons on 4 CD Roms.

http://truefire.com/chordcookbook/chordcookbook.html

Upper Right Hand Corner or thereabouts.
    Enjoy Your Karma, after all you earned it.
    “Atheism is a non-prophet organization.” -George Carlin

email: gadlaw@gmail.com - http://www.facebook.com/gadlaw

10. Default Chord Cookbook Number of CD's = 4

Hey All !

And thanks for the great support.
    The cd is indeed 100 videos distributed over 4 cd's.

As been said earlier in the thread, the new player makes it possible to squeeze more videos onto one cd, without compromising quality.

When I recorded the material we were still organizing it with the old player in mind. Hence the confusion.

More bang for buck, which is what we all need in these barren times.

Cheers,

Matt

By the Way: This is by no means a 'Chord Dictionary'.
    That whole approach is senseless; who needs a million chords listed in alphabetical order if you don't know how, why and when to use them......

Thanks for coming the the Forum Matt!! I can see that this course will be a immediate hit.
    I'm anxiously waiting for my copy!!
    Now here's an idea: you mentioned in the intro that these are the basic chords used in pop,rock,funk,R&B etc..maybe you could prepare a second course based on Jazz-fusion chords and progressions. (though I see that you dig in quartal harmony here).

All the best !
    Roberto

Matt,

Thanks for the input and producing what I think will be a great course! I am hoping that once I can get through this course I can then concentrate on Improv a la Mode to combine them...

I am hoping this will ship early next week. I still have received a shipping confirmation email...only an order confirmation. I ordered it Thursday...

Default Hey Now - at least we're waiting on Shipping Instead of Release Date

Matt,

Thanks for the input and producing what I think will be a great course! I am hoping that once I can get through this course I can then concentrate on Improv a la Mode to combine them...

I am hoping this will ship early next week. I still have received a shipping confirmation email...only an order confirmation. I ordered it Thursday...
    I've purchased mine as well and isn't it great we're now wondering about the ship date instead of the 'when is it going to get here' date.
    Inversions took a week to ship but I'm thinking we're getting this out a bit sooner than that. Great job Matt, looking forward to seeing that mailman bring the good stuff.

The full course is now up on TrueFireTV.
    Chord Cookbook

It looks great. There's mountains of information in this course. The written manual is awesome. It has a Contents page and page numbers and shows the chord formulas and more about the chord. It also has a 30 page theory section, which looks really nice (starts on page 75). I look forward to digging in to this course.

The full course is now up on TrueFireTV.
    Chord Cookbook

It looks great. There's mountains of information in this course. The written manual is awesome. It has a Contents page and page numbers and shows the chord formulas and more about the chord. It also has a 30 page theory section, which looks really nice (starts on page 75). I look forward to digging in to this course.
    I'm checking my mail everyday ;)

Again ,this is the Philosopher Stone of TF courses.

Beboy...I checked the course index and it has a deep section on harmony...so it seems that we will find enough Chord Progressions and theory to dig in! so maybe we won't need a 'Songology' course for a while

Has anyone received a shipping notice from True Fire on this course? I emailed support yesterday but I'm still waiting for a reply. I ordered it on the 13th. We do receive shipping notices correct?

Thanks

Yep, you will get an email when the item ships. Now that it is on TrueFireTV I am guessing they will start shipping the course.

I wanted to add that the Introductory video looks like a bit narrow .It seems it was not properly transferred to the new screen.

http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?...cookbook/ccb01
    My complain so far is that I still think that the Intro video is really narrow , in comparison to the original 'Chord Cookbook Compendium' of the Sneak Preview. Do you know if they could fix this one?

20. Default

My complain so far is that I still think that the Intro video is really narrow , in comparison to the original 'Chord Cookbook Compendium' of the Sneak Preview. Do you know if they could fix this one?
    being fixed right now. should be good by tommorrow. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    being fixed right now. should be good by tommorrow. thanks!
    Thank you Brad!! Excellent course indeed !

I have to be quite honest...I am a little upset that this has not shipped out yet. Plus I sent an email to support asking about this a few days ago and haven't received a reply. I paid for this on the 13th and it is now the 21st...I was hoping to have this to work with during the Thanksgiving break but since lessons are usually shipped via Parcel Post I can forget that! I will be very reluctant to purchase lessons again.

Mike, That's a bummer they haven't shipped it yet.

I'm not trying to take away from your concerns, they are valid and reasonable. I would be disappointed if it was me.

Did you know that as a Level 2 member you can watch the course online right now and you can download the pdf manual.

Mike, That's a bummer they haven't shipped it yet.

I'm not trying to take away from your concerns, they are valid and reasonable. I would be disappointed if it was me.

Did you know that as a Level 2 member you can watch the course online right now and you can download the pdf manual.
    Yea I know I can. But it frustrates me when companies take your money IMMEDIATELY then don't ship as fast. I am sure they don't mean to but it is a bad business practice. If the course wasn't ready to ship it shouldn't have been offered for sale yet. I am betting they rushed to get it out because all of us were always asking about it. Then to have my email ignored on top of it makes it worse.

Mike, I agree with everything you just said. I would be frustraded too.

Typically I am pretty much a fanboy of TrueFire's. I only have good things to say. But this time I think they goofed up. I think your comments will help them do a better job next time.
    Last edited by beboy; 11-21-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Yea I know I can. But it frustrates me when companies take your money IMMEDIATELY then don't ship as fast. I am sure they don't mean to but it is a bad business practice. If the course wasn't ready to ship it shouldn't have been offered for sale yet. I am betting they rushed to get it out because all of us were always asking about it. Then to have my email ignored on top of it makes it worse.
    I think they are delaying since they are fixing the video issues. Otherwise I wouldn't know the reason. Anyway I think it's important that TF knows how this problems affect their consumers.

I really hate to be the bad guy...I am sure it's an honest mistake. But AT LEAST an email saying what is wrong would be better then just leaving me hanging. I am very sensitive when money is concerned since I have been burned before by other companies. I know this isn't the case here but it hit a nerve with me...

Thanks for the support guys!

I really hate to be the bad guy...I am sure it's an honest mistake. But AT LEAST an email saying what is wrong would be better then just leaving me hanging. I am very sensitive when money is concerned since I have been burned before by other companies. I know this isn't the case here but it hit a nerve with me...

You know really they're just giving us what we have been asking for. I've heard calls for pre -orders and calls for this product or that product being brought out super fast. I've asked for the ability to pre - order when there is something I know I want as soon as it's available. Well, it's not that pizza place where they are making you the same pizza they've made for years, it's a unique product that they anticipate getting done in a certain time frame but having never attempted something this ambitious and still moving from the smaller screen to the wide screen and the new player it's part artistry and part manufacturing. Its the difference between that assembly line guitar and that custom crafted guitar. I'd rather they get my custom built course completely uptight and ready to go. Someone complained that one of the videos was 'more narrow than the others - well, it had been done earlier and they wanted to address whoever cranked about that and so they have held things back to fix that.

Other than that, I feel the pain of expecting my big box store to give me what I order when I order it. I go to Penneys and order some stuff that shows up in stock when I order it and bam - two days later I get the email saying its not actually in stock and it'll for sure be sent out sometime before December 1. Then they piece meal my order. Then if I try to buy something from Sears and they say no problem, come to the store and pick it up and then I go to the store and it's not actually in stock but would I accept this substitute. Believe me, I'm familiar with the complaint forms and pounding out letters to where they'll do the most harm. But Truefire is a boutique company with a unique product and so I'm less inclined to hold them to the same standards. That's me.

29. Question

Mikespe - first off, very sorry you are so upset. and yes, you are correct. we had planned to launch CAGED Cracked Dominant but it was pretty clear what folks wanted first. So, we stopped CAGED mid-stream and busted our you-know-whats getting the Cookbook cooking. We ran into a snag or two and the boys in the back are doing the best they can to burn, print, pack and ship.

What address did you send your email to here? We really try hard to provide excellent service and so, if your email went unanswered it likely was "junked" or otherwise went astray.

here's some very reliable and direct ways to contact us: 800-222-3366 during east coast biz hours. nancy@truefire.com or ren@truefire.com handle all of the support desk. brad@truefire.com ( me ) will happily take any and all correspondance.

i'd offer you free access to the course and material online but i see you already have access. is there anything i can do to make it up to you?

mikespe - I get most CS emails and didn't see yours but will check my junk folder on Saturday. Still no excuse for the course not being shipped in a timely manner! I'm also the guy who masters the discs, and yes i had some issues that pop-up at the last minute on this one. I pride myself on not having ANY errors on the discs and will stop the press for one little tiny typo, or a video that does not fade to black at the end. Once more i apologize for the delays!
    Ren
    ren@truefire.com
    800-222-3366 x118

FYI: The last disc was finalized late Friday, the press will work all weekend to ship on Monday.

Brad, Ren, and Matt,

I replied rto Ren's and Matt's email and I truely appreicate the apology and I apologize for being the bad guy. Brad, I used the contact form on the main site to send my email. I wish I could remember the say I sent it but I believe it was Tuesday or Wednesday of this past week.

Like I told Ren and Matt in my reply to them, I apologize for being the bad guy and I truely do understand that problems can occur. For me iot was just the not knowing. Because of some past experiences with other online companies and eBay sellers I tend to think the worst when there isn't any communication. Normally I wouldn't address this issue in a public forum but I was confused as to what was going on. If you would like my posts deleted I understand...

I think the fact that 3 of True Fire's "big shots" replied to my problem says a lot for the "company". I briefly looked at the course online last night and it looks GREAT! I am sure it will be well worth the wait. Again I apologize for causing such a ruckus!

All in all no one loses here. We will have an excellent course. Matt did a A+ job here, Truefire hit the jackpot in publishing it and we will learn immensely from this one.
    Next time it will be cool to have nice discussions about the material itself and how we can improve as composers and players from it.

All in all no one loses here. We will have an excellent course. Matt did a A+ job here, Truefire hit the jackpot in publishing it and we will learn immensely from this one.
    Next time it will be cool to have nice discussions about the material itself and how we can improve as composers and players from it.
    Well said, well spoken. And more importantly, I have a new easy to remember phone number (the one Ren just gave out) to give out to Best Buy when they ask me my phone number. I mean on those few times I don't just tell them my phone number is 1 800 - Bite Me or 1 800- Eat Poop or give I them the FBI number.

34. Question

Brad, Ren, and Matt,
    I think the fact that 3 of True Fire's "big shots" replied to my problem says a lot for the "company". I briefly looked at the course online last night and it looks GREAT! I am sure it will be well worth the wait. Again I apologize for causing such a ruckus!
    Mikespe - no apology required! we should have sent an email last week letting folks know we were delayed. so no worries man - all is cool!

Just an update that this course shipped out for me today. Brad, Ren, and Matt were awesome and bent over backwards to solve this issue! Thanks Everyone!