Default Logitech C910 Glitch

Hey all,

Here in Sherpa-land we love and recommend the Logitech C910 and for good reason. It's easy to use, captures incredible video and audio for the price. I've been using one for quite a while, but I have this problem that comes up every so often and it's a real killer for me. When I record a video somehow a portion of it doesn't survive rendering. It gets cut off. Anyone else experience this? If so and you have a fix PLEASE lemme know.

FYI: I use this on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 w/ 8 GB of DDR3 RAMM on a 2.2 GHz Core i7. I've re-installed the Logitech software, repaired permissions several times ... all that stuff.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris Buono
    =-=-=-=-=-=
    ChrisBuono.com
    Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube

update the drivers, are you using other software to render the video? I don't use a Mac but if you have access to a PC try the cam out on there to see if you can replicate the problem. If yes then it's the camera...if not there might be some settings that need to get tweaked. I have not had that issue on my Windows 7 machines (I have 2). Also, check the Logitech forums to see if others are having this issue as well as the mac forums.

I hope you work it out!!
    My Course Blogs:

Quote Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
    update the drivers, are you using other software to render the video? I don't use a Mac but if you have access to a PC try the cam out on there to see if you can replicate the problem. If yes then it's the camera...if not there might be some settings that need to get tweaked. I have not had that issue on my Windows 7 machines (I have 2). Also, check the Logitech forums to see if others are having this issue as well as the mac forums.

I hope you work it out!!
    Thanks man - There are no options to download just the drivers. They muast be embedded in the camera's app. I updated that. The app does rendering automatically. Tried every setting.

Man, I hate fishng the forums. Hoping someone here has a fix.
    Chris Buono
    =-=-=-=-=-=
    ChrisBuono.com
    Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube

Blog Entries

Sorry I'm strictly a PC guy. I haven't had any issues under XP or Vista, but I've only recorded about 20 videos, not nearly as many as you have. Have you tried emailing Ren, I know they are almost exclusively Mac down at TrueFire. I also think the two Jeff's (Mac and Sheetz) are Mac users as well.

The one thing you haven't mentioned, is the error related to the video length and/or file size. Not necessarily the same thing. I know my DSLR camera w/HD video capability recommends/requires a minimum speed class for the SD memory card when recording in 1080p video mode.
    Honey, I'm spending money on guitars or women, ... your choice.

If you take Satan for a ride, pretty soon he'll want to drive.

Favorite Course - Blues Alchemy
    Working On - Fretboard Epiphanies & Jump Blues

Blog Entries

FWIW The last video I received from Jeff McErlain was bad, a day or two ago - the video froze but the audio played on in a couple spots, garbled images, and it also chopped the end of the video completely off. THis was the first I've seen of it. I think Jeff M is using a MAC...

Good luck...
    ----------------------------------
    Stay tuned

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBuono View Post
    Thanks man - There are no options to download just the drivers. They muast be embedded in the camera's app. I updated that. The app does rendering automatically. Tried every setting.

Man, I hate fishng the forums. Hoping someone here has a fix.
    Mac should have something like the Device Manager in Windows. There might me some sort of "warning" that there is an error there. Does the macbook have a built in camera? it might be causing a conflict. Also maybe the audio drivers from another device could cause issues. Have you installed ANY programs BEFORE the problem began? You can uninstall it to see if the problem goes away.

Sorry I can't be of more help!
    My Course Blogs:

Hey Chris - is it something you see even with the vid on your desktop?

So everyone is aware - we have been working on a problem with vids recorded in QT not playing - or cutting off or stopping in certain points once we upload them - however - this has just been solved!! Thanks to our web guru - here was part of his response to having solved this issue -

"an invalid timestamp issue, we had a similar problem last month, the frame rate here is 6.44 fps, of we don't upconvert it, it will convert fine, we added again an algorithm to check the frame rate before converting and if it is less than 15 to leave the original, and this kind of problem will be hopefully solved in the future"

Hey - I LOVE the geek speak - that means things are getting done!!! Anyway - for those who have had issues in QT - and had to load into imovie and then render - this will hopefully fix all of that!!

JS
    Jeff Scheetz - TrueFire's Director of Education
    TrueFire
    Jeff Scheetz Website and Blog

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about." - Benjamin Franklin -

Default Similar Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBuono View Post
    Hey all,

Here in Sherpa-land we love and recommend the Logitech C910 and for good reason. It's easy to use, captures incredible video and audio for the price. I've been using one for quite a while, but I have this problem that comes up every so often and it's a real killer for me. When I record a video somehow a portion of it doesn't survive rendering. It gets cut off. Anyone else experience this? If so and you have a fix PLEASE lemme know.

FYI: I use this on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 w/ 8 GB of DDR3 RAMM on a 2.2 GHz Core i7. I've re-installed the Logitech software, repaired permissions several times ... all that stuff.

Thanks in advance,
    Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem with my MacBook Pro & Logitech C910 after I upgraded to Lion. I don't know if that was coincidental. At any rate, Ren at True Fire's help desk solved the problem. Hopefully, you have too by now.
    Marilyn

Default Not Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Boylemar View Post
    Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem with my MacBook Pro & Logitech C910 after I upgraded to Lion. I don't know if that was coincidental. At any rate, Ren at True Fire's help desk solved the problem. Hopefully, you have too by now.
    Marilyn
    I may have to try that. I've tried everything I know. Just lost a take for the SU. Recorded a 5 minute solo for Mac's Dorian Jam and it rendered 10 seconds of it ... so much for that take. Had a nice E-Bow moment, too!

Thanks all...
    Chris Buono
    =-=-=-=-=-=
    ChrisBuono.com
    Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube